C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
still full of glitches like in the pic :lol:
performance seems worse, 60 fps in the city with all on max without RT is a dream now on 3060
and how come this 1.5 release wasnt posted on the news section, guess mortismal spam is more important lol

Attachments

• Desktop_2022_02_17_14_16_18_661.jpg
    Desktop_2022_02_17_14_16_18_661.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 126
Ooh, floating ugly ladies....yuk!

Those are bareable for me, more annoying is teleporting npcs even in scripted scenes lol. Cars also sometimes dissapear if you turn around for a second but that happens in gta games as well, so no idea if its a glitch. I played a bit til i got all the city available, doesnt seem to me they fixed anything about the AI or traffic.
Also in the UI still the mouse doesnt work in some menus or sometimes i click something in the invetory or a quest and it opens the map or journal lol.
Im replaying now with the female but looks like i made a mistake, the voice is so annoying.

edit special bike :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.52 Released

Link - https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/42203/patch-1-52
Patch 1.52 for Cyberpunk 2077 is being rolled out and will soon be available accross all platforms! Here's the list of changes for this update.
Fans Left Wondering If the Game's Still Getting Two Expansions

Link - https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...ing-if-the-games-still-getting-two-expansions
When the brand new Witcher game was announced yesterday — developed using Unreal Engine 5 — CD Projekt Red also clarified that Cyberpunk 2077's upcoming expansion will still use the studio's in-house REDengine. However, the company's statement on the matter has raised some eyebrows because of its use of "expansion" rather than "expansions".

So yeah, it's a bit weird that CDPR is specifying 'expansion' rather than 'expansions'. We're sure all will become clear in the relatively near future, but in the meantime, we've reached out to CDPR for clarification. We'll update this article if we hear anything back.

It kind of makes sense for there to be only one expansion if sales were less than expected. The more expansions/dlc that get released the lower the audiance typically for each subsequent release i.e. someone who bought expansion 1 may not buy expansion 2 and at the same time it is very unlikely someone who decided to never buy expansion 1 would buy expansion 2.

I seem to remember a press release saying they wanted to see how much money was rolling in after the first exp, to see if doing another was worth it.

Something with the blue eyes dude would be interesting or at least blackwall related

Public opinion is clearly turning around on this one, which is very hard to do. It might make sense for them to make multiple DLCs.

Public opinion is clearly turning around on this one, which is very hard to do. It might make sense for them to make multiple DLCs.

My personal public opinion (as someone who bought the game at release and liked it well enough) is that they've done almost nothing in a year and a half since and I'm tired of waiting for them to do something.

The last patch has been pretty large.

The changes they've made are all what I would consider to be small changes (like spawning police cars further away, or changing the minimap so it's not so zoomed in) or things I don't care about and that don't effect the actual gameplay (like having more apartments). All of the FLC have been cosmetic. The Witcher 3 had several quests added in the month or two after launch. Absolutely nothing like that for Cyberpunk.

My faith in CDPR was very high going into Cyberpunk's release and that's not the case now. I don't know if CDPR is even CDPR anymore… a lot of the creatives what drove the success of games like The Witcher 3 are gone now. It's sad to me that I don't have high hopes for the eventual expansion for Cyberpunk or, by extension, a new Witcher game. I hope they get back on track in a big way.

The changes they've made are all what I would consider to be small changes (like spawning police cars further away, or changing the minimap so it's not so zoomed in) or things I don't care about and that don't effect the actual gameplay (like having more apartments). All of the FLC have been cosmetic. The Witcher 3 had several quests added in the month or two after launch. Absolutely nothing like that for Cyberpunk.

My faith in CDPR was very high going into Cyberpunk's release and that's not the case now. I don't know if CDPR is even CDPR anymore… a lot of the creatives what drove the success of games like The Witcher 3 are gone now. It's sad to me that I don't have high hopes for the eventual expansion for Cyberpunk or, by extension, a new Witcher game. I hope they get back on track in a big way.

You may pick one! Don't be shy and go ahead, it's tasty! :p

crunch.jpg

The patches have absolutely affected gameplay in a positive way. I'm not sure how anyone could claim otherwise. The AI is significantly better now than it was at release.

Of course that doesn't change the fact that it was released too early and that, while still a good game in its own right, is a disappointment compared to the prerelease hype.

I know what crunch is (in the game dev sense) and I knew that's what you were referring to, but I don't know how it relates to my post. :)

Yeah, my fault here :)

I actually should have quoted only your 2nd paragraph above (instead of quoting the whole comment), particularly this part

"(…) I don't know if CDPR is even CDPR anymore... a lot of the creatives what drove the success of games like The Witcher 3 are gone now.."

And only then I should have put the Nestle Crunch picture.

Of course part of those CDPR defections are due to the crunch imposed to employees. I know this thread is about CP2077 news instead of discussing the bad corporate practices, and CouchPotato would kill me if I derailed his thread, so I'll avoid further comments on this subject.

Maybe I've clarified things a little more now.

Back
Top Bottom