C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
I was quite impressed with the variety of hacks and toys - and I especially enjoyed that I could combine it so successfully with my stealth playstyle.

Breach Protocol is so-so as an out-of-combat hacking system, but it's better than some.

I still think Mankind Divided has the best non-combat hacking for sure, but CP2077 was pretty good for me.
I struggle to think of non-combat hacking in Cyberpunk other than to loot access points or distract enemies. What else is there? Maybe I'm just forgetting other things.

I struggle to think of non-combat hacking in Cyberpunk other than to loot access points or distract enemies. What else is there? Maybe I'm just forgetting other things.
I was talking about combat hacking variety - as I think the game has quite a few fun hacks to utilize in combat. Well, depending on how you view stealth. Technically, you're not really fighting when you're in stealth as the enemy isn't engaging.

That said, I do think the way you can jump between cameras ala Watch Dogs is pretty cool.

I don't think I felt much was missing from the hacking stuff - but I didn't go into the game expecting a Deus Ex type experience.

I was pleasantly surprised how much of that kind of gameplay actually made its way into what's otherwise really a story-driven RPG much like their other games.

As said already probably news on patches and the expansion. Seems everything CDPR does is behind schedule as the PR campaign for the expansion should have started.

Last edited:
I played Cyberpunk a few days after release with minimal issues. I decided to start a new game a couple of days ago and I have many issues, the map glitches/lags really badly and the cursor jumps all over the place. It has crashed to desktop several times or just frozen.

I played Cyberpunk a few days after release with minimal issues. I decided to start a new game a couple of days ago and I have many issues, the map glitches/lags really badly and the cursor jumps all over the place. It has crashed to desktop several times or just frozen.
I had fewer issues when I tried v1.5 compared to release. It's still far from perfect, but it generally seemed a lot smoother and the AI less glitchy.

You're not alone though. I've seen other people express similar complaints even with the latest version. Are all your drivers up to date?

My 1.5 playthrough was definitely less problematic - but I, too, had several issues.

The "map lag" - if that's the same issue we're talking about, is due to VRAM exhaustion. This happens during play if you enter and exit the UI too many times - if you're close to the memory limit.

I solved this by simply lowering my resolution and playing in windowed mode. With a black background in Windows - it was essentially like playing on a smaller screen.

Far from ideal, but preferable to me - or I'd have to lower some of the key settings to get it to run properly.

Apart from that, I don't think I ever had a crash in the game - not even at launch.

But I did still had significant immersion-breaking issues, though do note that significant for me would most likely be minor to most people.

Stuff like NPCs sliding down stairs in certain areas (instead of walking) - or certain key quest NPCs suddenly lying on the ground face down, and so forth.

One of the most annoying bugs happened during a pretty cool quest - where I was feeling well immersed - and I was supposed to stalk this car on the road. Suddenly, the car fell through the runway and disappeared, and I was unable to finish the quest. That pissed me off, because I was just telling myself how nice and polished the game was feeling at that point.

It wasn't frequent, though - and I'd say 90% of the time it was free from those issues, or they weren't bad enough to bother me.

For "normal people" - I would say the game is in a decent enough state, with some relatively benign bugs.

For "sensitive people" - like myself - I would advise waiting for the next patch or the expansion.

I say this, even though I honestly don't expect them to ever really "fix it" completely - as I think it's just too unwieldy for them (probably mostly due to the crazy amount of platforms they have to support). That's probably why they moved to the Unreal 5 engine.

With all that said, though, I honestly think it's a fantastic game - and if you mod it properly, it's relatively close to what I originally hoped it would be. Even better in some ways, but also worse in others.

Had it launched in the 1.5 state - I'm pretty sure everything would have been very different for the game and CDPR.

I would also mention that I recently played through Witcher 3 - and that game, as popular as it is, still has plenty of visual glitches and odd NPC behavior. Not at the same level as 1.5 CP - but not that far from it, either.

I guess it comes down to how much you notice such things, or how unlucky you are when it comes to provoking the glitches.

Last edited by a moderator:
As expected, 1.6 isn't that big a deal - though it actually has more content than expected.

11 entirely new weapons is pretty good, to be honest - and should be cool to experiment with.

The biggest issue looks to be fixed (the aforementioned map lag / VRAM issue) - which is great.

Wardrobe is nice, especially the way it's only available in apartments and the like - to give purpose to those areas and add immersion.

The absolute BEST news, however, is that they're dropping last gen support for both future updates and the upcoming expansion.

That alone makes me very excited - and the game director specifically mentioned big upcoming features like a proper police system as well as expanded vehicle combat.

Apparently, those will be normal updates and are not related to the expansion.

I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear that, and I honestly didn't think they'd have the balls to ignore last gen for the expansion.

Second best news would be that they've released REDmod - the official modding tools.

Given how active the modding community already is - this bodes very well for the future of this game.

All in all, I'm very excited by the news - but slightly annoyed that I know it probably won't make sense to play this game now, when it's going to be so vastly improved in the upcoming months.

I'm guessing this is the game expansion coming in 2023.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
I, V, do solemnly swear that I shall faithfully serve the New United States of America.

Get ready for Phantom Liberty — a spy-thriller expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 set in an all new district of Night City. Coming in 2023 to PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Stadia.
Nothing like the early leaks suggested.

So I guess the expansion takes place at some point during the events of the main storyline. I suppose there isn't really another way to do it if we're still playing V.

It's cool that we're getting a new district too.

REDstreams — Cyberpunk 2077: Edgerunners Update (Patch 1.6)

Alicja Kozera (Community Manager), Amelia Kołat (Senior Community Manager), Miles Tost (Acting Lead Level Designer) and Patrick Mills (Franchise & Lore Designer) discuss contents of the Edgerunners Update AKA Patch 1.6 – now live on all platforms.
Cyberpunk 2077 — Xbox Series S Performance Mode Gameplay

Take a look at the Xbox Series S performance mode video – our newest addition for the console users and all the smooth framerate enjoyers!
Cyberpunk 2077 Edgerunners Update (Patch 1.6) Official Launch Trailer

With this update we focused on bringing various fixes and improvements, as well as adding new Edgerunners-inspired content to the game – including new missions, clothing, and weapons.

I think it was mentioned before but I'm not really following CP closely.

The REDmod tools have been released and are now available on Steam:

I guess its nice to look forward to an expansion and added stuff in the game's world/campaign, so that once I get a new computer (next year? who knows) I will finally be able to play this game.

CDPR Confirms Phantom Liberty Only Expansion Planned For CP 2077 - TheGamer
Speaking to fans in the comments under Phantom Liberty's debut teaser on the official YouTube channel, the studio's representatives confirmed there are no more expansions for the game currently in the works. "As for the future, Phantom Liberty is the only planned expansion for Cyberpunk 2077," the answer below reads.
CDPR Is Fully Committed to Making More Cyberpunk Games - IGN
"We decided to develop one major expansion for Cyberpunk, which is going to take advantage of all the capabilities of the new-gen consoles," Nowakowski said. "Having said that, we’re totally, fully committed to developing the Cyberpunk IP further, beyond this particular Cyberpunk expansion."

"We’ve put a lot of effort and time into building this franchise and we definitely want to continue to build upon what was built right now – with new stories, new experiences, new content, basically. Not just the video game format... In terms of expansions, there’s just going to be one major expansion. However, there’s going to be new stuff in the future.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom