C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
It does feel like that's coming, doesn't it? It's a game versus a DLC for a game, but still... if you're going to wait for almost 3 years, you may as well wait another month so your launch doesn't coincide with one of the bigger game launches of recent years. I would think.

Last I read from rumors and whats known from CDPR claims Phantom Liberty is twice the size of Witcher 3's Blood and wine expansion. So no doubt three years was well spent.:p

Last I read from rumors and whats known from CDPR claims Phantom Liberty is twice the size of Witcher 3's Blood and wine expansion. So no doubt three years was well spent.:p
That would be nice, but I've heard differently. More along the lines of that it cost twice as much to make.

E8cY5Yj.png

Nope just more excuses and delays as usual.

Just kidding it's a fake for laughs. :ROFLMAO:

The link in the image is the giveaway.

Last edited:
I can't say I'm all that excited about Phantom Liberty right now. I would have preferred something more standalone. Since it seems like PL will take place before the end of the main story, that means we either have to load an old save or play through CP 2077 again to experience it.

It's been nearly 2-1/2 years since I played through CP, so I'm reluctant to use that save. (Would it even be compatible anyways?). With how large my gaming backlog is, there's no way I'm gonna be replaying CP anytime soon.

It's been nearly 2-1/2 years since I played through CP, so I'm reluctant to use that save. (Would it even be compatible anyways?). With how large my gaming backlog is, there's no way I'm gonna be replaying CP anytime soon.
That'll be the problem of many players, they'll have to handle it somehow. And from what CDPR said, it's a new district, a "new style of plot", a new cast of characters with some remaining from the original game. How an original saved game is still relevant in that context, except the chosen ending?

We'll know in a couple of months but I'd be surprised if they didn't provide a way to start the DLC from scratch. I'm still curious to see how they'll manage the different endings of the original game though.

That'll be the problem of many players, they'll have to handle it somehow. And from what CDPR said, it's a new district, a "new style of plot", a new cast of characters with some remaining from the original game. How an original saved game is still relevant in that context, except the chosen ending?
I don't think the chosen ending will be relevant at all. From what I've read, Phantom Liberty takes place before the final mission at Arasaka Tower.

I don't think the chosen ending will be relevant at all. From what I've read, Phantom Liberty takes place before the final mission at Arasaka Tower.
I missed that. Then it seems awkward, maybe they made this decision long ago without thinking it could be a problem being so late after the OC.

So you'd also be able to play the final mission once again after the DLC, with a character that got even more experience? Or the DLC would be a separate ending? I'm even more curious.

So you'd also be able to play the final mission once again after the DLC, with a character that got even more experience? Or the DLC would be a separate ending? I'm even more curious.
I don't expect the DLC will have a separate ending. I assume it will be like any other questline just much bigger. I expect the game will continue afterwards until you finish it. I could be wrong though.

I thought I heard that the expansion was going to add a new possible ending ... but don't know where I heard it so could be baseless rumor or theory.

Well, either way I'm looking forward to it. I don't think I will start a new game if I can avoid it though, and I doubt I would go through any of the original endings again unless they added something new.

Well, either way I'm looking forward to it. I don't think I will start a new game if I can avoid it though, and I doubt I would go through any of the original endings again unless they added something new.

It broke all the mods so I may have to restart ... but I just ordered a new PC today, with a 4090, so I may wait till I get the new PC setup and running to start a new play through.

Back
Top Bottom