C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
It broke all the mods so I may have to restart ... but I just ordered a new PC today, with a 4090, so I may wait till I get the new PC setup and running to start a new play through.
True, the mods must be considered too. They're usually updated except the old ones that aren't maintained anymore.

I suppose the main feature that may break a saved game is whatever custom item was in the inventory, or perhaps spawned custom items that were visible in the world when the game was saved. That may be tricky to remove. The other mods could simply be uninstalled. But if you'd like to see the new graphic improvements, that may be the perfect excuse to play it again. :)

I am pretty sure that they'll give an option to create a higher level character for the expansion similarly to the Witcher 3 expansions, so probably no need to play through the entire game again. Another question is whether it is inspiring to begin with a high level character which has not interacted with the world.

True, the mods must be considered too. They're usually updated except the old ones that aren't maintained anymore.

I suppose the main feature that may break a saved game is whatever custom item was in the inventory, or perhaps spawned custom items that were visible in the world when the game was saved. That may be tricky to remove. The other mods could simply be uninstalled. But if you'd like to see the new graphic improvements, that may be the perfect excuse to play it again. :)

All but one mod I use has already been updated and the one that hasn't has a test patch on their discord that is working. I removed a bunch of stuff as well. I am not playing to finish, I already finished the game twice, but more to enjoy cruising around, doing quests, enjoying the atmosphere, that stuff. So if I have to restart not a huge deal, although I love my current V so hope I don't have to remake him.

I started the game with no mods installed and it started okay. Just missing items in the inventory. Starting, and remaining stable over time, are two different things though.

New PC probably be here in 2-3 weeks depending. Then the nightmare of setting up heavily modded Skyrim and FO4, then all the SIMS 4 content ... the rest, like C2077, will seem simple in comparison. Modding is a fun hobby but it is also complicated, frustrating (at times) and a big time commitment.

I am pretty sure that they'll give an option to create a higher level character for the expansion similarly to the Witcher 3 expansions, so probably no need to play through the entire game again. Another question is whether it is inspiring to begin with a high level character which has not interacted with the world.

I always feel really disconnected if I do that myself so never do. I always have to restart a fresh game if I can't use an existing one. Sometimes I restart anyhow. Depends on how good the game is (to me).

I feel the same about starting from scratch with a higher level character, unless I've recently played and still have a good feeling of the attributes, abilities, pending quests and so on. But it's not easier to revive an old saved game and get back into its context, so I'm not sure which is best.

CP2077 wasn't long ago for me though, so it should be fine. For those who played it in 2020, it's another matter.

so much talking about this for something 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of users will "enjoy" :ROFLMAO:
Yes, but we know who that user is...

pibburR who is the other 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 that would enjoy it, but who fears it doesn't have a high enough WAF to go for it.

Last edited:
.... but I just ordered a new PC today, with a 4090 ...
I hate you. ........ (NOT)

pibbur who sadly doesn't hate anyone.

PS.
... Then the nightmare of setting up heavily modded Skyrim and FO4, then all the SIMS 4 content ...... Modding is a fun hobby but it is also complicated, frustrating (at times) and a big time commitment.

No doubt, with a 4090, still worth it! (perhaps not at my age, being a grumpy old man tend to increase the level of frustration).
DS.

I hate you. ........ (NOT)

pibbur who sadly doesn't hate anyone.

PS.

No doubt, with a 4090, still worth it! (perhaps not at my age, being a grumpy old man tend to increase the level of frustration).
DS.

I am an easily frustrated and grumpy old man as well. Not sure if I beat your age, almost 59, but getting up there. Will retire soon I hope, this year or next year. The new PC is a bit of an early retirement gift - getting it while still employed as easier to recoup costs then when on fixed income :p

The mods ... I will simply peck away at them in small chunks most likely. Install all my games and make sure running vanilla. Then ENB/ReShade to verify working. Then all mods to make my characters. After that will slowly add until the game is ready to play.

Not in any big rush for Skyrim/FO as I have played them so much and SIMS 4 is easy. C2077 is the hard one - modding it is very difficult (well to me), not like Beth games at all, and patches more of a pain.And I expect more updates as they tweak things and have the expansion coming.

Also Wartales was finally released so I have that to play. I see the new PC, which probably won't be in my hands till mid to late May, as a summer project :)

I'm 68. And retired a couple of years ago. And I did buy/build my Ryzen 5950x/Nvidia 2080Ti PC as a retirement present.
So you are excused. :)

pibbuR who will (probably, depending on WAF) wait upgrading until the Hyper-RTX 6090Ti becomes dirt cheap. Or until the upcoming (next year) 70 level event.

PS. I had actually also an "acceptable" reason for getting that PC: @home projects. So now, 6 cores/12 virtual threads are happily working on protein folding, mapping cancer markers and doing COVID-19 stuff. DS.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077 has been updated to include Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode, as long as you have a graphics card strong enough to run it. Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode introduces complete ray tracing by utilizing path tracing to provide a much more realistic and accurate light bouncing, reflections, shadows, ambient occlusion, and more. Check out this eight minute showcase of Cyberpunk 2077 captured in various times of day and in multiple locations spread out around Night City. This gameplay was captured in 4K 60FPS using an RTX 4090.

How far we've come! Path tracing is the ultimate form of ray tracing and somehow, in just a few years, we've gone from a path-traced Quake 2 to a path-traced Cyberpunk 2077! How is this possible? In this Tech Focus video, Alex explains the combination of hardware improvements since the launch of RTX 20 Series, working in combination with radically more advanced software and the rise of AI-generated pixels - everything coming together to push in-game visuals further than they ever have before.

Company will begin marketing push for Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty expansion next month, denies rumors of a Sony acquisition.

Today CD Projekt announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2023, alongside relevant sales milestones for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and the franchise as a whole. We learn that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has passed 50 million units shipped, carrying the Witcher franchise to over 75 million units.

This means that the latest game now ranks among the top-ten best-selling games of all time. Advertisement We then get an update about the studio's workforce, with a visible increase of developers shifting to the next The Witcher game codenamed Polaris. Developers working on The Witcher: Monster Slayer are included in "other projects" due to the impending closure of the game.

That being said, the bulk of the studio's developers is working on Cyberpunk 2077's expansion Phantom Liberty which will appear at Summer Game Fest: Play Days in Los Angeles in June for media and content creators with "numerous" follow-up hands-on events planned around the world for the fans.
1685404688876.png
During its Q1 2023 earnings call today, CD Projekt Red revealed that out of all its upcoming projects, Cyberpunk 2077’s Phantom Liberty expansion has the biggest developer team committed to it, followed by Project Polaris in second place and the recently-rebooted Project Sirius in third place. The Project Polaris team has been steadily growing for the last three quarters, as is also the case for Project Sirius albeit at a much smaller rate.

The developer team working on Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty has remained the largest compared to other project teams since the beginning of 2022, while the Cyberpunk 2077 team (including the developers of the next-gen version) has shrunk to the point that GWENT-related projects now occupy greater resources than it. As the future of the Witcher IP and the beginning of a new trilogy of games, Project Polaris has seen its team steadily grow since June 2022 and remains the second-largest CDPR project since then.

Despite being rebooted around March, the Witcher multiplayer game Project Sirius has also had more and more resources dedicated to it since the beginning of 2022. Though CD Projekt Red has revealed no information about the new direction and scope of the project, it is safe to say that the title is alive and moving forward.

I thought that the picture of CP2077 next to the words "Sony acquisition" was a nice touch. ;)

EDIT: That's still a lot of people on Phantom Liberty, that doesn't look like a small DLC.

I hope Phantom Liberty does drop soon after the showcase, like people are speculating. It wouldn't make sense for there not to be some gap, or why have a media hands-on event? But within a month, say. No longer. It would be a good release window for them, before BG3 and Starfield come out.

Back
Top Bottom