C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
I've been playing this for the last few months - picked up on holiday sale. My expectations were low, but it is a pretty remarkable work of gaming art. The big patch dropped in the middle of my first play-thru. I noticed many new things they implemented and agree they were positive and improved the game play.

I've been playing this for the last few months - picked up on holiday sale. My expectations were low, but it is a pretty remarkable work of gaming art. The big patch dropped in the middle of my first play-thru. I noticed many new things they implemented and agree they were positive and improved the game play.
Totally agree, the implementations were significant and can really be felt. Except for me, the patch dropped when I haven't even started it. I bought CP77 on launch and never really played it because of the news about bugs.

I bought it for PS4, and while waiting I was able to get a Series X. Gave the PS4 copy to a friend then got an Xbox One game copy. Still waited. Patch 1.5 came out and started playing. Finished it already but I'm now on my second run on very hard difficulty. It's so enjoyable.

Hope they release the first major DLC soon, I'd love to play more of it. :D (and maybe include a different ending - won't post spoilers but for those who finished it, you know what I'm taking about hehe).

Cyberpunk 2077's 2023 Expansion Is Likely Its First And Last

Link - https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...is-likely-its-first-and-last/?sh=36ca604f595f
This week, CDPR gave a few updates about Cyberpunk 2077, namely that it had sold 18 million copies, and that its long-gestating first major expansion would be…gestating a little longer, and would not be released until 2023.

That’s quite the gap, given that Cyberpunk 2077 was released in December 2020, and we’ll have to assume that the earliest we’d see the expansion in 2023 is some time in the spring. In contrast, The Witcher 3 had both massive expansions, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, out within its first year. Obviously, Cyberpunk had a lot more problems that needed fixing but yeah, it’s a long wait. And I believe that this expansion may be the first and last the game gets.

Yes, I know that there have been rumblings about at least two expansions for Cyberpunk in the past, including data buried in the game’s code that indicate as much. But plans change, and I do believe…plans have changed here. Why? A few reasons.
Cyberpunk 2077 expansion is coming in 2023

Link - https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-expansion-is-coming-in-2023/
"We are fully committed to the Cyberpunk franchise, and intend to develop it further," CD Projekt joint CEO Adam Kicinski said.

"We've recently released a new set of improvements for Cyberpunk, and we are also working on the next update, 1.6, which will be out in the coming months. Afterwards, support for Cyberpunk will continue, but our focus will gradually shift to the new, exciting endeavors in both Cyberpunk and The Witcher franchises.

Right now, the bulk of our team is working on the Cyberpunk 2077 expansion that is targeted to be released in 2023."

Kicinski said in a Q&A session that the recent delay of The Witcher 3's next-gen update was not a factor in the timeline: "Not many" developers are required to finish the job, and taking over the project "will not affect the development" of other work. Unfortunately, he declined to be more specific about when in 2023 the Cyberpunk 2077 expansion might show up, but more details are expected to be revealed later this year.

Yeah, it sounds to me like the first and only expansion will likely contain a lot of stuff that were originally planned for the game and likely part-way implemented, but cut due to needing to push it out. Plus, likely and hopefully, fixes and improvements to the current systems.

So it kind of seems they're cutting their losses and moving on to Unreal Engine. This is a bit of a fay cry from the amazing expansions they delivered with the Witcher.

Anyway, I hope they manage to add as much story content to the game as possible, and make the final version as close to what they initially planned as possible.

And I hope UE5 gives them a better developement experience, and allows them to focus on the world/story/design/mechanics and not on the plumbing/infrastructure. I also hope they keep their games as ambitios as they have been, especially since it will likely be an easier road this time. Probably not for the first game they develop using UE, but for the following ones. This'll also let them access a bigger employee pool, since people can likely come onboard with already established experience in UE.

All the best to them.

Look on the bright side they all but confirmed Cyberpunk 2. Which will probably use the Unreal Engine and release sometime after 2030 at the latest. The Witcher saga is next.

Last edited:
Just for the fun, did they talk about the MP part of CP2077? That promised possibility who had all the SP lovers afraid before release. They are seriously challenging for the BS award in terms of schedules and features.

There is no bright side when you need 3 years to publish an extension :)
Those guys can't manage correcting bugs and working on an extension without pushing aside the inclusion of a mod, working already perfectly well and finished, in a 7 years old game. CEO says no link but that guy has no credibility.

I seriously doubt this company has the capacity to work on 2 AAA projects at the same time (Witcher + CP) without going again in total disaster mode.

It might be easier to work on 2 AAA games, instead of one AAA game and one AAA engine... it most probably is.

Soon we'll hear that the company has been sold to some giant.

Just like the rumors suggested last year.:D

Cyberpunk 2077 Expansion Details May Have Leaked

Cyberpunk 2077 expansion details have leaked, the Witcher 4 has completed its research phase, God of War: Ragnarok gets rated in Korea and Returnal may be coming to PC.
Dialogue from Cyberpunk's First Expansion Leaked - VGS
The files, which have been widely circulated on social media, were reportedly datamined from a recent game patch and appear to suggest that the DLC will follow Songbird, a character that was previously datamined from the original game, and features a finished model.

It's claimed that the files aren't complete, with several side missions using placeholder text, but the leak appears to confirm that the expansion will include seven main missions.

According to Reddit users, the expansion will take players to the Combat Zone, an area of the Pacifica region which was inaccessible in the base game but did feature in the art book, The World of Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077 Next-Gen Update Boosted Sales

Q1 2022 financial results | HIGHLIGHTS (EN subtitles available)
Cyberpunk 2077 Expansion's Marketing Will Start Second Half of 2022 - Twinfinite
During the Q&A session of CD Projekt‘s financial conference call, the developer’s executives talked about the upcoming expansion for Cyberpunk 2077. We hear from chief executive officer Adam Kiciński that the developer is happy with how the game is being produced, but could not share any more information or details. We also hear that the marketing campaign for the expansion will launch in the second half of the year ahead of its launch next year.

Some recent links but nothing informative. :biggrin:

Geforce Now pipeline release branch updated in Steam Depot.

That likely means a patch is incoming within a few days.

I wouldn't expect that much from the upcoming patch, but the game still really needs a bit more polishing - especially regarding NPC behavior and glitches.

The one thing I'd really, really appreciate would be more attention paid to Quickhacking balance - as it's my favorite playstyle and it's still vastly overpowered (even with mods).

We're almost certainly going to see a transmog system, which the game really needs. It's not the kind of feature I'm normally interested in, but if there was ever a game made for it, it's CP2077.

New Game plus is another likely addition.

I wouldn't expect that much from the upcoming patch, but the game still really needs a bit more polishing - especially regarding NPC behavior and glitches.

The one thing I'd really, really appreciate would be more attention paid to Quickhacking balance - as it's my favorite playstyle and it's still vastly overpowered (even with mods).

We're almost certainly going to see a transmog system, which the game really needs. It's not the kind of feature I'm normally interested in, but if there was ever a game made for it, it's CP2077.

New Game plus is another likely addition.
I was disappointed by the hacking in general. Not just that it was overpowered, but there's not whole lot of variety either. I would have liked to seen more uses for it outside of combat.

I have zero interest in a transmog system. I never understood why people would care about that in a first-person game.

I was disappointed by the hacking in general. Not just that it was overpowered, but there's not whole lot of variety either. I would have liked to seen more uses for it outside of combat.
I was quite impressed with the variety of hacks and toys - and I especially enjoyed that I could combine it so successfully with my stealth playstyle.

Breach Protocol is so-so as an out-of-combat hacking system, but it's better than some.

I still think Mankind Divided has the best non-combat hacking for sure, but CP2077 was pretty good for me.

I have zero interest in a transmog system. I never understood why people would care about that in a first-person game.
I like looking cool when I ride my bike or when I open my inventory.

Well, I think it's more that I dislike looking like a complete clown - which is what I most often do in CP2077 because of how gear works.

To each his own, though.

Back
Top Bottom