C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
Well by his reply I agree they haven't released any new content in two years just fixes. We know the expansion will probably release this year, but as of now it's just cosmetic dlc.

They added some content other than cosmetic but not much. For example I think they've expanded the story with Judy a little bit, from what I've read. I don't really see why they would have to add more content though.

And they must have been too busy with fixes to produce anything substantial. There are still plenty of bugs today in fact, so I wonder how the next DLC will be received. Surely they can't afford to go on fixing bugs for much longer?

On a different note, I recently discovered the Japantown's apartment! That's one feature I've never really explored before because there's little point in spending time at these apartments. It's actually pretty good, despite the dirty dilapidated lobby. Maybe a little kitsch and more Chinese-looking than Japanese, but comfy, warm and it has a few exclusive features.

It would have been nice to get different apartments (and frankly, a more different story at the beginning) depending on the background choice.

Sorry have to disagree again. :LOL:

The cut on release/free DLC and extended romances are hardly note worthy.

CDPR have been behind schedule since day one. Witcher three had two big expansions in two years. Which by the way was the original plan at CP 2077's release as well.

Sure you can say the fixes made it a different game but that's not new content.

Last edited:
My biggest concern is CDPR learned nothing.

The game made record profits, the developer has expanded, and they now have six more games in development. All that with a tarnished reputation over Cyberpunk 2077.

Business as usual and everyone will forget and buy the new games.

I think CDPR were very brave to attempt something like Cyberpunk, I mean the Witcher 3 was a safe and easy game to make in comparison, nothing that new in terms of technology, while Cyberpunk in several ways felt like a revolution to the genre. Hope they keep being brave instead of focusing on money grabs.

CP2077 a revolution of the genre now there's something you don't hear everyday on the internet. It's basically re-skinned Witcher 3, and they failed to deliver on the original vision.

CDPR has well and truly lost the magic it once had.

There is no excuse for how Cyberpunk turned out.

It was in development for at least eight years. Features stripped again, and again only to release a shell of what could have been incredible, but was only ...Meh (at best).

There was so much potential. All squandered.

I even say that as someone who enjoyed the game. :cry:

I think both The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 were very evolutionary.

TW3 was their first open-world game, which brings all sorts of problems to guide the player, to maintain the story and the integrity of quests, to build an entire and convincing world. The graphics were a big step up too.

CP2077 has an entirely new setting and a completely different style, the engine is stretched to the limit of what it could evolve to, they've added more C&C, a male/female character choice and everything to please all inclinations. In fact, it wants to do a little too much for its own sake.

They added some content other than cosmetic but not much. For example I think they've expanded the story with Judy a little bit, from what I've read. I don't really see why they would have to add more content though.
I agree. I can understand why some people would be irked by the lack of story DLC, but the the game is huge as it is, and the truth is that it doesn't really need to be bigger just more refined.

CP2077 a revolution of the genre now there's something you don't hear everyday on the internet. It's basically re-skinned Witcher 3, and they failed to deliver on the original vision.

CDPR has well and truly lost the magic it once had.

There is no excuse for how Cyberpunk turned out.

It was in development for at least eight years. Features stripped again, and again only to release a shell of what could have been incredible, but was only ...Meh (at best).

There was so much potential. All squandered.

I even say that as someone who enjoyed the game. :cry:

So you mean to say that the CDPR magic was in The Witcher one or maybe 2?

I don't know what is magic about those, aside from maybe the branching stories in TW2?

I did, I don't think there's anything revolutionary either.
Well I can agree with evolutionary but not revolutionary. Lets just hope the sequel in six years based on a few articles made with the Unreal Engine will also be evolutionary.

I personally will not be buying it day one this time. I'll let other buyers beta test it.

They give no reference, but everything must be out of proportions for that game, I bet its debugging process was also much more expensive than TW3's.

I wonder when that DLC will be released. It wouldn't be a surprise if it was in NC again as the article says, I hardly see CDPR making another huge map and I doubt that many players have seen half of it. But going back there is in contradiction with my favourite ending. ;)

I wonder when that DLC will be released. It wouldn't be a surprise if it was in NC again as the article says, I hardly see CDPR making another huge map and I doubt that many players have seen half of it. But going back there is in contradiction with my favourite ending. ;)
Yeah, I'm a little surprised at their decision to have the DLC take place after the end of the main quest. I had assumed it would be an add-in somewhere within the game but before the end. I wonder if they're going to tie it in without making one of the endings canon.

As for being in NC, I thought that was already confirmed.

I wonder if they're going to tie it in without making one of the endings canon.
Good question, it's often the problem with multiple endings. They could almost do the same as the lifepath intros, a small sequence to patch the different outcomes and reunite them. Almost, because some choices like V/Johnny may be trickier, even if not entirely impossible. It would be strange to spend extra development for a choice not made in the DLC itself though, I don't believe it's realistic.

You're right about NC, it had been confirmed before, there's even a new district apparently:

View: https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1601058557083799553

You're right about NC, it had been confirmed before, there's even a new district apparently:
When I tried CP after the last major patch, I noticed the entrance to a new area on one of the highways. It was blocked off by a police barricade, and if you tried to enter, it said something along the lines of "This area is reserved for future content".

It was in an existing district though, so I'm not sure if it has something to do with Phantom Liberty or if it's just reserved for a new quest in general.

When I tried CP after the last major patch, I noticed the entrance to a new area on one of the highways. It was blocked off by a police barricade, and if you tried to enter, it said something along the lines of "This area is reserved for future content".

It was in an existing district though, so I'm not sure if it has something to do with Phantom Liberty or if it's just reserved for a new quest in general.
I saw something similar and thought it was reserved for the endgame or a DLC, then I had the same message elsewhere too, for ex. when trying to leave the badlands, so I think it's just generic.

Back
Top Bottom