Cyberpunk 2077 - Review

So there are still bugs apparently, and one has to find the proper community patches...
The combat doesn't appeal to me anyway, I think I'll definitely pass on that game.

Really? Perhaps I'm Bethesda-hardend, but when I played the game (with the 1.5 patch) it was quite ok. A few bugs, like almost any game, sure, but nothing major or game-breaking that I remember. Good game. Not as great as the hype promised, but good enough to enjoy.

I've played the game over four times since it was first launched, and had minimal bugs except with the release version which was fixed with hot-patches. The expression making a mountain out of a mole hill is strong with that video. Which is the YouTube motto.

Anyway the game is far from perfect but I loved it.^^

Last edited:
So there are still bugs apparently, and one has to find the proper community patches...
The combat doesn't appeal to me anyway, I think I'll definitely pass on that game.
One does not.

You don't like first person gun based combat then cool. You probably wouldn't enjoy it.

Every game has bugs. The bugs in CP2077 are neither plentiful nor jarring enough to be an issue, much less one that requires community patches. I'm so tired of this idea that modders are somehow much more skilled than developers.

One does not.

You don't like first person gun based combat then cool. You probably wouldn't enjoy it.

Every game has bugs. The bugs in CP2077 are neither plentiful nor jarring enough to be an issue, much less one that requires community patches. I'm so tired of this idea that modders are somehow much more skilled than developers.
Ah, it's not the case anymore then? I found it strange to be honest, maybe Vallun is referring to those community patches before CDPR addressed the problems (didn't they hire some of those mod guys?).

I don't care about minor bugs, but the message here was ambiguous. He did say that it was not as bad anymore, but on the other hand he starts by showing one of the visual bugs that plagued the game at release, and mentions mods to solve some of the problems.

I don't like those statements doubting the developers' skills either, they had already shown what they could do before, but this time they had to deal with scope issues and a new version of the engine. Those modders seemed pretty skilled though, even if the situation is not comparable to the devs'.

Modders always seem to think any game isn't playable with mods. It's ridiculous. The game was playable on the PC when it came out overall. It is even better now and no mods are needed. Some people are pretty fussy about things and will over-inflate problems. Others are more casual and able to ignore minor stuff.

Modders always seem to think any game isn't playable with mods. It's ridiculous. The game was playable on the PC when it came out overall. It is even better now and no mods are needed. Some people are pretty fussy about things and will over-inflate problems. Others are more casual and able to ignore minor stuff.
I'm the latter, but the bugs were so prevalent in CP2077 at launch that they "bugged" even me. They fixed the most glaring issues ages ago, along with a metric ton of smaller issues that I probably never noticed.

If as a player one declares a game unplayable if one enemy ragdolls awkwardly 30 hours into the game then yeah, you can skip it. You're never going to be satisfied. For 99.9% of gamers, CP2077 is in a more than playable state.

I was one of the lucky ones, that barely encountered any bugs. I had a beefy PC with the RTX 3080, so I didn't have performance issues nor performance related bugs. The first bug I've encountered I was already 35 hours into the game and I would probably forget about it 1 minute later, if by the time there wasn't so much bad noise about the game.

I've finished it in 86 hours and it was GOTY for me.

That doesn't mean it didn't dispointed me in some aspects: the police system, the NPC crowd behaviour and driver AI. And the life paths could be longer and more meanignful, besides the very first hours of the game (and the romance option being linked to the path chosen). The hype was too high. But I had a blast with the game. It did so many things so very well, that all those disapointments didn't spoil the pleasure of playing the game for what it was.

Night City alone is worth launching the game just to explore it.

I know that if one day there will be a sequel, I'll get excited for it again. With a new engine (CDR is switching for the Unreal 5 engine) and with what they've learned, I'm sure it will be worth it. The Witcher 3 is so much better than the first game. I'm sure CDR will keep learning and improving.

I had zero performance issues even on my 5+ year-old rig. Bugs are another story though. There were definitely quite a few at launch.

It was significantly improved when I tried it after v1.5 released. I'll probably play through it again when it hits 2.0

That doesn't mean it didn't dispointed me in some aspects: the police system, the NPC crowd behaviour and driver AI. And the life paths could be longer and more meanignful, besides the very first hours of the game (and the romance option being linked to the path chosen). The hype was too high. But I had a blast with the game. It did so many things so very well, that all those disapointments didn't spoil the pleasure of playing the game for what it was.
Those first three aspects you mention were all greatly improved in v1.5

I don't think your life path affects your romance options.

I didn't play it until 1.5 came out. Saw some minor bugs but *shrug* ... I didn't care because it's a good game and I thoroughly enjoyed my playthru. I think any RPG fan is missing out if they don't play it.

I had zero performance issues even on my 5+ year-old rig. Bugs are another story though. There were definitely quite a few at launch.

It was significantly improved when I tried it after v1.5 released. I'll probably play through it again when it hits 2.0
What is your rig ?

I've got a 1070Ti and a Ryzen 5 2600. I think I'm below the min specs or just on it. It's on my wishlist, but I thought I woudl get it on my next PC upgrade sometime next year.

I'm hoping some big overhauls come out for it. I played The Witcher 3 on release, and all the large combat and systems overhauls that came out after all the DLCs allowed me to play and enjoy it a couple more times down the road. Same with Fallout New Vegas.

Back
Top Bottom