C2077 Cyberpunk Expansions and Sequels

Cyberpunk 2077
A question on lifepaths made me wonder about how they plan on handling the expansions and future possible sequels.

For expansions, I think it would very much make sense for them to add new lifepaths, as long as they snake them around the current lifepaths. Maybe even add new interactions with the current lifepaths.

Then, I guess they could continue the plot from where Cyberpunk 2077 leaves off.
One thing I don't know how they could handle is adding new areas. First because Night City should maybe remain the main focus, and adding new areas inside the city would be weird? Unless they come up with a proper story explanation. I also doubt they'll add new cities or areas around the US/world.

Or maybe they could expland on the virtual world, but that seems too one-dimensional (pardon the pun) to be viable.

Then I'm wondering how would they handle a sequel? Also, how would they name it? Cyberpunk 2080? :D

But regardless of the name, would it also need to placed in Night City? Would they then rebuild Night City from the ground up, at an even detailed scale? I'm curios about what they'll do. Or maybe Cyberpunk is a one off? I doubt it, but I'm sure they'll only come back to Cyberpunk after a possible new Witcher game. Since I'm sure, especially after the difficult years they had working on it, that they'd like a break from Cyberpunk.

I wish there no expansion but a full sequel.
But... PR said the game will follow TW3 route so it'll be 2 expansions for sure, maybe even more.

There will be a bunch of free DLC as well starting in January. Probably cosmetic stuff with a few added quests. The expansions should be large like Witcher III at least.

As for what I want more areas to explore & and an ending like Blood and Wine.

Back
Top Bottom