Dead Monarchy - Medieval | Turn-Based | Mass-Tactics | Survival-Simulator | RPG

Hey guys,

I've got an update out on indie DB detailing the current development situation of Dead Monarchy. It covers all the major features I've implemented so far and what you can expect in the early access version. Hoping to release into early access somewhere towards the end of the 1st quarter this year. After releasing the EA version, I'll also release an updated demo. The update is mostly text but there is a new armor set though :)

https://www.indiedb.com/games/dead-monarchy/news/dead-monarchy-early-access-build-1-update

After 7000+ hours, I am finally at the starting line. The store page is now live and Dead Monarchy will be heading into Early Access soon. You can wishlist the game at:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1037940/Dead_Monarchy/

index.php

Last edited:
Looks really nice to me, I'll be keeping an eye on this one. I'm not a fan of testing games these days, but I'll be on board once it fully launches.

Looks really nice to me, I'll be keeping an eye on this one. I'm not a fan of testing games these days, but I'll be on board once it fully launches.

I fully understand that, I never got behind early access until I bought Battle Brothers and RimWorld. Thanks for taking some interest though, it's nice to hear I'm heading in the right direction :)

Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and say that Dead Monarchy will finally be releasing into Early Access on June 18th, 10:00am PDT. It will be $10 USD with a 10% discount for the first week. :)

Gee use Unity and support Microsoft monopoly? Too bad, no Mac version will wait a sale.

I'm a solo developer so I can only work on what I've got, which is a windows laptop. I also currently have a limited amount of time per week to work on development. Eventually, in a couple years perhaps, I would like to have a look at the possibility of Mac. I'm not making any promises, but I hope that explains why DM is only on windows now. Limited manpower and limited time.

Thanks for the support! I'm a lot more active over on the steam forums, so let me know if you need any help or would like to give some feedback.

After 7000+ hours, I am finally at the starting line. The store page is now live and Dead Monarchy will be heading into Early Access soon. You can wishlist the game at:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1037940/Dead_Monarchy/

index.php

Have you attained 10,000 hours yet, that is the point one is considered a master! Ha, it really takes near 10k hours to develop a game like this solo? Thought it would have been in the 7k range.

Close I think, but I stopped counting haha. That saying can't fully be applied to game development though as it is like trying to "master" 50 different instruments, so even after all this time, there's a lot left and I doubt someone could really master all aspects of game development. Right now I'm rebuilding DM from the ground up so I'm expecting to rack up a lot more hours.

Close I think, but I stopped counting haha. That saying can't fully be applied to game development though as it is like trying to "master" 50 different instruments, so even after all this time, there's a lot left and I doubt someone could really master all aspects of game development. Right now I'm rebuilding DM from the ground up so I'm expecting to rack up a lot more hours.

Rebuilding? Wow, if you're doing that have you considered adding a high level strategic layer, like some kingdom management plus politics, that would be a dream game feature list for me and some others to. I know it's tactics, but any bits of Conquest of Elysium and Civ games possible? Check out CoE4 and Godking master of rituals for that concept-they combine tactics, rpg, town management with some fun kingdom rulership stuff.

I've considered those things, as to whether I do it or not is a different story, but I've been prototyping a diplomacy system. I'm trying to create different systems that allow the player to progress without directly involving combat, or just other activities that synergise together and make things feel more "dynamic". Things like a gathering system where you can interact with points of interests on the map and gather say wood without having to fight a group of monsters which is what is implemented currently.

To sum it up, I'm basically taking a step back and trying to see the bigger picture, trying to design a cohesive design document first with the knowledge I gained over the years as when I first developed DM I was learning on the fly.

Back
Top Bottom