Disciples: Liberation - Review

I tried it and no it wasn't brilliant. You can definitely tell once you play the game it was developed by a developer known only for developing phone games. It has a low budget feeling. At this point on time all support has been dropped and it's been abandoned.

Guess you like playing phone games then. ;p

At wrost it deserves a 5/10 and at best a 6/10.

Played this for around 15h and it was good, i definitely will play it again, i got pulled into another game back then. im glad it doesnt have the shit from part 3 with random heroes popping out of nowhere on the maps.

I actually like it better than Disciples 3 (reincarnation, or whatever it was called). The story telling and tone is definitely a bit out there, so I can see how its not everyman's thing, but I like it and the game is mechanically sound. Its not the masterpiece that Disciples 2 was, but I'd definitely recommend Liberation. Just goes to show how opinions can vary. Oh and I do play phone games on long trips and during long commutes, and no this doesn't feel like a phone game to me. Also you can play Final Fantasy Tactics pretty well on the phone. Don't you like that game @Couchpotato? ;)

It has nothing to do with the graphics it's the overall design of the game. The developer like I said had no experience with developing PC games and it shows as you play.

It's nothing but an overpriced mobile ported grind-fest with a story tacked on. :biggrin:

Although the game is definitely better than the third installment in the series which was an utter failure back in the day when it released, it is still not what the fans wanted.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with the graphics it's the overall design of the game. The developer like I said had no experience with developing PC games and it shows as you play.

It's nothing but an overpriced mobile ported grindfest with a story tacked on. :biggrin:

Although game is a million times better than the third installment in the series which was an utter failure back in the day, it is still not what the fans wanted. Kalypso cannot understand it seems that the player base wants a modernized disciples game. and never will it seems.
So basically you are saying a million times 0 is well 0.

I played the game, twice. And it is great. 8/10.
At first I thought I could not replay it, but when you play only with your heroes strategy is completely different.

Maybe but I read Steam and Metacrtic good and bad reviews, and my opinion is shared quite a few times. The developer has all but abandoned the game at this point anyway.

All in all, if you want to play this, you have to approach it as a B-movie. It has clunky dialogue, writing so stupid to the point of being funny, and all is saved by TB combat.

If you can live with that, go ahead. It's a good parody of better games.

Anyway I stopped trying to understand gamer's tastes a long time ago.:unsure:

Last edited:
Not a phone game at all. I played it and enjoyed it. I'd probably give it 7 or 7.5 outta 10. If any Watchers here enjoy tactical strategy RPGs, it's worth trying; especially if you can get it on sale.

And as for it being abandoned, I actually have no idea on that front but I did not encounter a single bug or issue on my play-thru, so I guess I have little issue with a game being abandoned when it works as expected.

I played it for around 15 hours and enjoyed what I played. My short attention span caused me to move onto other things, but I would definitely pick back up my playthrough someday.

I think you're throwing the phone games thing around a bit too lightly, potato?

Like, you're implying phone games are low budget, which isn't true. There exist low budget games on PC and Mobile and also high budget. Don't forget, phone games are absolutely killing it making most of the money in the games industry so they're here to stay. With phones getting more powerful all the time pretty soon all games will be on phone. :/

I think comments like "no experience developing PC games" doesn't make any sense. You don't develop games on a phone. They're all sitting at PCs to make the game.

What you have to consider for a phone game is the interface and gui. The touch interface translates pretty well to PC since it's pretty much just a mouse with 1 button. GUI for phones will often have scrolling to make up for the lack of space on the small screens.

But I think what phones are most notorious for are the extremely predatory free2play business models, which Disciples doesn't have.

I mean, yeah, it's not a AAA game so B-grade is fair. But, from what little I've played, it didn't strike me as a phone game on any level.

It's like, you know, be a grumpy cunt and say you hate everything or whatever is you. But try and be a little bit accurate in your descriptions, if you're going to give them. You could just say you hate it without distorting things with inaccurate comparisions to phone games. ;)

Back
Top Bottom