Disco Elysium - Jamais Vu Update

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Disco Elysium has received a new update, with some mysterious content to discover.

Jamais Vu Update & huge thanks for 2021!

[...]

We're in the business of mysteries here at ZA/UM and so to celebrate the holiday season we've just added some new ones to Disco Elysium - The Final Cut. We're calling this the Jamais Vu Update.

To discover what we've done we encourage you to play strangely and thoroughly. You'll have to do your best sleuthing or get chatting to your fellow players to figure it all out.

We'll give you a few clues to get you on your way. It is the season of giving, after all.

• Perhaps it's worth stopping a while to admire the scenery
  • The cold coastal waters are known to wash up the lost
  • Knock, knock, lieutenant
This is our special way of thanking you all for a HARDCORE 2021 alongside a 55% discount as part of the Steam Winter Sale, from 22nd December 2021 - 5th January 2022. It's our lowest price ever so if you're yet to experience the game, get it now! Or if you're in the holiday spirit, consider gifting it to a friend!

[...]
More information.

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
But it was already the Final... ohhh! The Final CUT! So it's fine as long as they are adding things, they just can't cut things. Trixxy marketing people. ;)

Couchpotato

Burned Out Newsposter
Still haven't played this game. Might have to find time next year.

MAHak

Watchdog
Nice! Time to get my favourite detective drunk and coked up, and have him stare out across the sea for hours....

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform
I still don't understand the "it's not an RPG" claim. There are stats that you invest points in at the game start. The stats affect the gameplay (far more than they do in a lot of action RPGs). And you can level up and increase the stats as you progress. It's true there's no combat in the conventional sense (just a handful of scenarios where you "fight" with choices and skill checks). Most RPGs have combat, but combat is not really a defining feature of the genre. That'd be an action / fighting game.

Someone can say "I don't like this RPG" and that's a perfectly valid opinion. I don't care for recent Bethesda or Bioware games but I wouldn't claim they aren't RPGs. (Their RPG elements have been increasingly watered down, but they're still RPGs nonetheless).

I wasn't blown away by DE but it was entertaining enough. And certainly something different. No desire to play it again yet but maybe someday.

Top Bottom