Dragon Age 4 - No Cross-Gen Release

Yeah, I don't see the point of length for the sake of it. I find 40 - 80 hours is great for me. There's very few rpgs with enough good content or such deep gameplay that I don't get bored after that.

Even Kingmaker (and WotR from what I have heard) really dragged on towards the end. I agree that 80 hours is a good target to aim for. Dragon Age: Origin was enjoyable right the way through. I never felt like it was a slog.

I am playing Days Gone on PC at the moment and I am up to 40 hours played and I read that I am at the "half-way" mark and it just feels right. While it does have a bit of filler content it is pretty minimal and there is just enough variation to keep it interesting.

I’ve tried several times to get through DAI and just lose interest every time. Honestly I enjoyed DA2 more, at least after I got over the shock of the changes from DA1.

As for length I really prefer 40-50 hours tops even shorter really. I just don’t have the time anymore and actually find myself not playing stuff because of the time commitment it will require. Not only total time but play session time. I don’t feel like it’s even worth playing a game like DA, kingmaker, POE, etc. if I don’t have a solid 3 hours to devote.

I haven’t finished any of the pillars games or even started the pathfinder games for just this reason.

I am playing Days Gone on PC at the moment and I am up to 40 hours played and I read that I am at the "half-way" mark and it just feels right. While it does have a bit of filler content it is pretty minimal and there is just enough variation to keep it interesting.

I got 104 hours out of Days Gone according to Steam, but I was intent on getting 100% in a lot of the catagories. I also probably left it running a few times while I ate, etc. Great game.

They really lost me in DA3 with the weird-ass (to me) combat system. The camera, everything just felt wrong and I enjoyed DA 1 and 2. I can't even entirely explain at the moment why I felt it wasn't as much fun as the other two games, but it wasn't. My wife played it for a while and seemed to enjoy it.

They really lost me in DA3 with the weird-ass (to me) combat system. The camera, everything just felt wrong and I enjoyed DA 1 and 2. I can't even entirely explain at the moment why I felt it wasn't as much fun as the other two games, but it wasn't. My wife played it for a while and seemed to enjoy it.

I liked DA3 and played it to completion once, plus quite a bit more besides. But that combat and its controls were awkward as all hell. Especially on PC.

Now just make it PC only, no multiplayer and we can forget that the last two games in the series were approached from wrong angle.

My big issue with DA:I was just the lack of tactics scripts to create orders for the characters your not controlling. It may seem like a minor thing, but for me it made me feel like I couldn't really control my characters and that battles were just lots of flashing lights and hitting the attack button over and over. With the tactics scripts I knew what my other characters were doing because I had programmed it, and that made a big difference for me.

I liked DA3 and played it to completion once, plus quite a bit more besides. But that combat and its controls were awkward as all hell. Especially on PC.

Right? I felt the same way about it. Everything was there for me except the gameplay. (This kind of brings to mind another thread where they talk about story and gameplay... DA 1 had both, DA 2 had both depending on your opinion, but DA3, while having a cool story and world just had gameplay that turned me off.)

Pardon my ignorance, what does crossgen even mean.
That a game on PC won't work on Nintendo Gamebioy?

Pardon my ignorance, what does crossgen even mean.
That a game on PC won't work on Nintendo Gamebioy?

I'm not sure if you just want to troll the term (which i a bit silly indeed!) or actually don't know what it means, but it refers obviously to the fact that the game will only work on current generation consoles (PS5, for example!), and not on outdated generation ones (PS4, for example!).

Crossgen as in, taking into account different software/console generations, not different human/social generations.

Back
Top Bottom