Dragon Age 4 - Teaser Trailer

I watched it with the sound off…not quite sure what I was supposed to see?

If you didn't play DA2 (or don't remember anything about it) you would have no idea what they are showing. If you had sound up, you'll have heard a very important DA:I character said something that sound quite a bit like something said toward the very end of Trespasser.

That teaser gives lots of ammo to an old theory too (or two now that I think of it).

Oh and there was rumors a few days ago that the game is ~3 years away so it can released on the next consoles.

I think:

that statue is red lyrium idol from DA2, and its Solas' voice at the end... although I have no idea what old theory @azarhal; is referring to

I think:

that statue is red lyrium idol from DA2, and its Solas' voice at the end… although I have no idea what old theory @azarhal; is referring to

That it wasn't an accident that it was found (either Mythal or Solas had their hand on it unless there is 3rd elven god party free roaming around) and that the idol was of Mythal

My reaction to this after DA1 would have been "YES! AWESOME!", after DA2 it would have been "Good, let's see what they do", today it's "meh".

Well if it is like ME:A it will likely be fun but not really an rpg per sey. The story will be a bit hollow but still if it is fun i'll buy hte game of hte year version with all the dlc a few years after release.

I don't see me being interested in this game at all. Meanwhile, I keep firing up Dragon Age: Origins every two or so years, the only Dragon Age game that actually exists for me.

I honestly wasn't expecting a continuation of the DA story, but I'm glad we might finally get some answers. It certainly seems like it. Having played the DLC "Trespasser" is definitely required to understand anything of the teaser though.

Meh just another CGI trailer. Anyway we know it begins after Dragon Age Inquisition with the elves rebelling, and joining their dead god. Yes a spoiler for an old game.

So it will probably take place in the Tevinter Imperium. Anyway not really excited as I want more details just to see if it will require an Internet connection just to play.

Last edited:
@Couchpotato;
Yes a spoiler for an old game.
Just because the game is a few years old does not mean it's ok to spoil. Lots of us play older games. I almost never play games until they are 3-5 years old, because of price, dlc, and backlog. Case in point, I just started Risen 2 and would be pissed if I read a spoiler.

Nope game is four years old now. So if you haven't played it by now that's your problem not mine. Check the movie threads I'll use spoilers for new movies but not older ones.

Don't worry as I have no plans for more spoilers about DA:I. Still if someone tells me I cant post spoilers for DA:O & DA 2 I'll die of laughter as those games are far older.

So moving on now.:movingon:

Solas is the Dread Wolf from Dragon Age Inquisition.

Link - http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Fen'Harel

Last edited:
I would be able to better enjoy DA setting and story if characters had more meaningful development and their interactions were less "shallow dating simulation". Overall, the game mechanics and ruleset always let me wanting much more, in all 3 games. In the old days, new Bioware RPG would be day 1 for me, without thinking about it. Thats not true anymore, but I will keep my eye on DA4.

C'mon, they had character like Blackwall. I don't know how it was for people who romanced him but he had a pretty good story, Cassandra, too.

C'mon, they had character like Blackwall. I don't know how it was for people who romanced him but he had a pretty good story, Cassandra, too.
Personally enjoyed Cassandra's and Blackwall's story. Only one I didn't like was Sera as she was just annoying. Only downside is you need to play the DLC to finish them.

There will be drums. And a wolf.

Well I mostly enjoyed the first two, so I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that we'll get an enjoyable experience this time.

Only one I didn't like was Sera as she was just annoying.

There is a huge difference in interactions with Sera if you play a male or female character (even ignoring romance). She's at her best with female Qunari/Dwarf, the worst combo is male Elf.

There is a huge difference in interactions with Sera if you play a male or female character (even ignoring romance). She's at her best with female Qunari/Dwarf, the worst combo is male Elf.
I somehow became her friend with the weird dialogue choices eventually.Whoever wrote/designed her character deserves a medal. Both a good and bad one.

I liked Sera. Cassandra, too. Blackwall I never really got to know as I never finished DAI. Blackwall just seemed like the "normal" character they had to put in.

Since we're bringing up old games we hated... at least Bioware didn't come up with the laughably bad (and invincible!) witch doctor character from Risen XXIV.

Cool, I didn't know that. It's good to see this kind of reactivity in a AAA game with so many AAA problems. Inquisition was far from a bad game, it was just bloated with meaningless sidequests and time wastes.

Cool, I didn't know that. It's good to see this kind of reactivity in a AAA game with so many AAA problems. Inquisition was far from a bad game, it was just bloated with meaningless sidequests and time wastes.
Just to add it's because she's into women and hates most elves especially the Dalish ones. Just bring her with you on some of the end game quests for examples.

As for DA:I being bloated I whole heartily agree.:nod:

Wait oh no did I add spoilers again. Bad potato bad.:whip:

I’m looking forward to DA4. Now I’m off to finish DAI to see who the dread wolf is before couch ruins it.

I’m also looking forwRd to the announcement that it’s a souls like and then it not resembling dark souls in the slightest.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom