Dragon Age 4 - Teaser Trailer

Also get ready the game will be Political And Celebrate Diversity.:lol:

I loved the adoring twitterati response to his comment :lol:

I have no problem with politics in a game, where it makes sense and is appropriate (like inquisition/chantry vs mages) but if the game serves as a *platform* for a particular person's' personal beliefs/political agenda, then I don't support that. I want to enjoy my (sometimes non-PC) escapism please.

I loved the adoring twitterati response to his comment :lol:

I have no problem with politics in a game, where it makes sense and is appropriate (like inquisition/chantry vs mages) but if the game serves as a *platform* for a particular person's' personal beliefs/political agenda, then I don't support that. I want to enjoy my (sometimes non-PC) escapism please.
Agree but he is the Lead Narrative Designer of DA:4. So yeah we'll see I guess.

Ok, I listened with the sound up…I recognize the character's voice. I played DA2 and DA:I , but not Trespasser. I disliked *that* character intensely - and left him out of my party as soon as I could. If he's a central part of a new game, that doesn't fill me with great enthusiasm, regardless of who he may really be. Hopefully future teasers will provide more information that everyone can understand…
That "personality" (from DA: I) is probably fake. I don't think I'm spoiling too much by saying that a lot of it is deception.

Ok, now I'm curious. Can you please use the spoiler tag and let me know?

Well, it's been a while, but from what I remember:

As you probably know, he's the Dread Wolf, Fen'Harel. He created the Veil and banished the other Elven gods beyond it. The creation of the Veil caused the downfall of the Elven civilization, their immortality and all their crazy powerful magic.

His sole purpose since then has been the restoration of the Elves. He gave Corypheus the orb, because he wasn't strong enough to unlock himself yet (but he probably is now after consuming the remnants of Mythal). The whole idea was for Corypheus to unlock it and die in the process, so that Solas could use it to tear down the Veil and burn all of Thedas to ash. He just didn't know that Corypheus happened to be immortal.

So yeah, the ultimate goal here is the complete genocide of Thedas as a result of tearing down the Veil, because that's what's required to restore the Elves. Parts of his personality, such as his compassion for Elves and love for the ancient times, is no doubt real, but I wouldn't put too much stock in the rest of what he says, given everything he managed to keep secret, and the fact that he's an actual god wanting to kill everything.

Well, it's been a while, but from what I remember:

As you probably know, he's the Dread Wolf, Fen'Harel. He created the Veil and banished the other Elven gods beyond it. The creation of the Veil caused the downfall of the Elven civilization, their immortality and all their crazy powerful magic.

His sole purpose since then has been the restoration of the Elves. He gave Corypheus the orb, because he wasn't strong enough to unlock himself yet (but he probably is now after consuming the remnants of Mythal). The whole idea was for Corypheus to unlock it and die in the process, so that Solas could use it to tear down the Veil and burn all of Thedas to ash. He just didn't know that Corypheus happened to be immortal.

So yeah, the ultimate goal here is the complete genocide of Thedas as a result of tearing down the Veil, because that's what's required to restore the Elves. Parts of his personality, such as his compassion for Elves and love for the ancient times, is no doubt real, but I wouldn't put too much stock in the rest of what he says, given everything he managed to keep secret, and the fact that he's an actual god wanting to kill everything.

One small addition
He doesn't want to restore the current Elves, he wants to restore (his) The People aka ancient immortal spirity Elves. While the Dalish believes they are The People, Solas doesn't considered them to be one bit (even if he pretend to in early DAI).

Also, his name, Solas, means pride and his own painting show him as a wolf with Pride demon eyes...

One small addition
He doesn't want to restore the current Elves, he wants to restore (his) The People aka ancient immortal spirity Elves. While the Dalish believes they are The People, Solas doesn't considered them to be one bit (even if he pretend to in early DAI).

Also, his name, Solas, means pride and his own painting show him as a wolf with Pride demon eyes…
Oh yeah, he'll burn Thedas to the ground given the chance, Dalish included.

One small addition

Also, his name, Solas, means pride and his own painting show him as a wolf with Pride demon eyes…

Wait, what? Then...

Where are these so called ancient elves?

Wait, what? Then…

Where are these so called ancient elves?

Hiding! Like the guardians at the Temple of Mythal, elves that have been "asleep" and hiding for 1000+ years and lived before Solas "created" the Veil.

The Temple of Mythal isn't the only place where they are hiding, Solas says as much to Abelas during the mission (a bit covertly). He doesn't tell us where they are hiding though… There are hints that some are trapped behind broken Eluvians though.

Hiding! Like the guardians at the Temple of Mythal, elves that have been "asleep" and hiding for 1000+ years and lived before Solas "created" the Veil.

The Temple of Mythal isn't the only place where they are hiding, Solas says as much to Abelas during the mission (a bit covertly). He doesn't tell us where they are hiding though… There are hints that some are trapped behind broken Eluvians though.
Yeah, it's never really confirmed who would actually get to repopulate Thedas. I'm thinking the writers haven't really thought about the practicalities, such as the number of elves needed and what not, as the setup is just a plot device that won't come to pass.

Something that I find strange is that Solas never mentions the ones he banished - won't they still be there if he tears down the veil? He created this entire mess after they killed Mythal, but there's no indication that they were killed or rendered mortal, just banished.

I guess we'll find out more in DA4.

Yeah, it's never really confirmed who would actually get to repopulate Thedas. I'm thinking the writers haven't really thought about the practicalities, such as the number of elves needed and what not, as the setup is just a plot device that won't come to pass.

Something that I find strange is that Solas never mentions the ones he banished - won't they still be there if he tears down the veil? He created this entire mess after they killed Mythal, but there's no indication that they were killed or rendered mortal, just banished.

I guess we'll find out more in DA4.

There is some Cole/Solas banter and other stuff in Trespasser that suggest he locked them beyond the Veil and that bringing it down will just free them, but "I have plans for them"…which means it's going to be a catastrophic failure of course.

Right. Either way, it's bad news for Thedas. It's rather frustrating that both DA2 and 3 got bogged down by repeatable content/waves (DA2) and mindless grindy stuff (DA3), as there's actually a lot of good stuff in there.

Back
Top Bottom