DA:D Dragon Age: Dreadwolf News

Dragon Age: Dreadwolf

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
After eight years and multiple reboots Dragon Age: Dreadwolf has finally reached alpha.
In my last blog, back in February, I talked about the next Dragon Age game entering the production phase. Well, we’ve come a very long way since then, and the team is incredibly happy to announce a huge step forward in the development of the game you now know as Dragon Age: Dreadwolf: We have just completed our Alpha milestone!

Up to this point, we’ve been working hard on the various parts of the game, but it’s not until the Alpha milestone that a game all comes together. Now, for the first time, we can experience the entire game, from the opening scenes of the first mission to the very end. We can see, hear, feel, and play everything as a cohesive experience.

Last edited:
I just saw that but you already had us covered. :)

It's optimistic but it would be amusing to see it join the other expected 2023 releases.
Sounds likely it's completed just needs patching and other work to be finished. We'll probably know with one of the game conventions next year. I still say 2024 more likely.

From a recent video interview we should get a game-play trailer, and a possible release date this year. Probably at Dragon Age Day or the Game Awards in December. :biggrin:

BioWare Who is The Dread Wolf?

This work in progress cinematic from Dragon Age: Dreadwolf tells the story of Solas. Narrated by the dwarf Varric Tethras.

I just finished the last DLC and I have to say I really wish both - us players with their team - could return to Thedas soon and the way they want, so nobody would interfere with the game by online elements and other requirements. They created world which does live on its own and I would love to see their characters again.

Some articles from Gamerant that might interest some of you.

Some Screenshots.

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    642 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.png
    3.png
    760.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.png
    2.png
    668.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 1.png
    1.png
    652.2 KB · Views: 8
Sounds and looks terrible. Combat like God of War? No control over party members? Maybe I can finally be done with BioWare for good. Or at least Dragon Age.

Three words Dark Souls Clone. :cool:

Anyway it hasn't been verified so it could be fake.

I guess it is time to say goodbye to the Dragon Age: Origins formula forever. DA:I probably would have been a better game without the clumsy control scheme and without trying to have a tactical combat mode that was anything but. Better to go full action or go the other direction and go proper isometric with RTwP or Turn based. Trying to do both rarely works.

It does look like they will have an awesome button this time around as well i.e. fill up a special meter and push a "special" button....

It's also good that they replaced the already streamlined hotbar from DA:I with only 4 buttons this time around!! /s

I guess it is time to say goodbye to the Dragon Age: Origins formula forever. DA:I probably would have been a better game without the clumsy control scheme and without trying to have a tactical combat mode that was anything but. Better to go full action or go the other direction and go proper isometric with RTwP or Turn based. Trying to do both rarely works.

It does look like they will have an awesome button this time around as well i.e. fill up a special meter and push a "special" button....

It's also good that they replaced the already streamlined hotbar from DA:I with only 4 buttons this time around!! /s
Just the next evolution of Button Awesome. My initial worries about the game getting re-booted multiple times were well founded. All they had to do was improve on Inquisition.

Once again it looks to be another DA2 debacle.:unsure:

Last edited:
More articles on the leak and release speculation.

I would have been so easy to make DA:I a much better game. Just get rid of the trash mobs spawning every time you rotate the camera and also get rid of the collectable quests that repeat for every zone and replace them with some more meaningful quests. With those changes I would most likely have given it a vastly better score than I did.

Any disappointment you feel free from basing your opinion on a leaked, in-progress video is entirely of your own creation.

That combat looks pretty similar to DA:Inquisition to me. If you think it's going to play like God of War or Dark Souls, I have a proverbial bridge to sell you.

I'll buy that bridge Mr. Smart-ass. As Dark Souls has influenced many games and I stick by my opinion. Also BioWare and EA aren't even sharing official footage yet after eight years.

If I'm wrong then so be it. It happens a lot nowadays. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom