Dragon Age: The Veilguard - Overview

It is possible that it is purely mission based though. Looking at that location in the trailer it doesn't feel like the kind of area you would ever come back to (the falling buildings etc). The other games did have locations that sealed off as well due to plot reasons so it could go either way.
That's only the intro of the game, I think.

Do we even know that we return to previous locations? If the game is linear, there's no need to.

I think I might have an idea as to why I'm feeling like the visuals are subpar in DA:V gameplay video.
I think it's due to the art style that's more hyper-stylized and cartoonish that's making things look not as sharp and it's probably also messing with the lighting. And the textures seem either too blurry or too noisy. Plus, the out-of-focus blur in dialogue is also not helping.
I noticed the art style but never put it together with why I had the reaction I did.

I am beginning to feel the urge to watch that gameplay trailer but will try to resist! I still believe that ignorance is bliss with regard to pre release hype. :wall:

Can't figure out why everyone was shocked when it was rebooted all this was mentioned.

One city, more action orientated, and taking missions you act on.

This was even before the reboot a few years back. Kotaku covered the leak.
Only difference was the past version was meant to be a live service game.

Last edited:
PCGamer’s opinion has rung true for me, especially with their latest article: https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/d...ally-out-of-touch-ea-and-bioware-have-become/

Again: love to be wrong but basically replace my “Guardians of the Galaxy” with “Mass Effect” and we’re basically in sync.
Agree because every three games have been different then each other for various reasons. The only good RPG was Origin but even that was affected by internal issues.

Doesn't help the team hasn't been consistent on all four games either in 15 years.

I am beginning to feel the urge to watch that gameplay trailer but will try to resist! I still believe that ignorance is bliss with regard to pre release hype. :wall:
Well, the chances of getting hyped by the gameplay trailer are really, really low. :D

Can't figure out why everyone was shocked when it was rebooted all this was nentioned. One city, more action orientated, and taking missions you act on.
Only difference was the past version was meant to be a live service game.
So DAI was designed to be MMO with boring fetch quests and later it switched to SP but they couldnt redo everything. Then Anthem was designed as live service and bombed. They could just wait for reception and feedback about Anthem and stick with their SP core fan group but instead EA decided to again discard SP and design DA4 as another live service multiplayer title for younger "pro-Marvel pro-Fortnite" audience. So now they repeat the same sh*tty approach as in DAI and have to make compromises to finish the title?

Is EA/bEAware able to approve any SP design anymore? (they are "strangely" able to do so in case of Jedi series - but Fallen Order and Survivor may have much better sales than any Bioware title in last 8, 10 years) Or do they intend to remain in this idiotic design approach to shoot for multiplayer/MMO first and later make badly stitched changes and compromises when EA executives changes their mind?

I'm (finally) playing Wasteland 3 and really enjoying it. It's like, I do so much relate to that great earlier rant about the lack of these games now. I think Inxile, and The Pathfinder games/ Warhammer Rogue Trader are the only ones doing this anymore. And Inxile is the only one where everything is done with high class and the right complexity. Such as having a 6 member party, tons of different skills and perks to choose from, deep and difficult (at times) combat, with the classic isometric, turn-based combat.

I have enjoyed this combat so much in Wasteland 3. Where I have gone into areas that were way too hard and kept getting my whole party wiped, then came back after leveling my party up, then still lost, but made it closer this time, then leveling up my party again, and returning to the area, and then finally I beat this one particular battle, one that was super difficult and at times frustrating, but at the same time so much fun and a nice challenge.

Anyway, just wanted to add my opinion, I don't have much good to say about this new Dragon Age game, except that it's not for me.

Hopefully Inxile keeps making these games, they are like, the last one standing at this point when it comes to including all the classic rpg elements. The Pathfinder games, while they are very good games, have a bit too much other stuff going on, that kinda detracts from the exploring, leveling, and combat cycle of a classic rpg.

Where did you get that? Your imagination? I'll refrain from using the ruder analogy.
Google a little and you will find its a fact. And I will refrain from commenting how your reaction sounds.

I think this is the first I've heard of DA:I originally being developed as an MMO. Unless we are using the Joxer definition of MMO, which means anything that has multiplayer...the game does have multiplayer, even at release. Do you have any sources on the MMO thing? I tried Googling, but found nothing.

If you don't like the game or the company, you might as well make up shit about them. A lot of people won't fact check the things that are said, and there's no law against it, you don't even need to put your real name or ID behind it. At worst a sensible forum user calls you out on your bullshit and you just pretend you're right anyway and nobody will remember in two weeks.

I see from plain misinformation to blatant lies about every game that becomes popular on these boards, still scratching my head about the "you can't save game and you might lose hours of progress if you die without visiting an inn" in Dragon Dogma 2 that some people were trying for whatever reason.

Always best to make your own opinion on things and read professional, trustable sources, especially if the claims sound too stupid to be true.

Are you referring to my post, that link, or someone else?

No offense it's just hard to tell sometimes. :unsure:

@Farflame your correct Dragon Age Inquisition began development as an online game.:nod:

I'm (finally) playing Wasteland 3 and really enjoying it. It's like, I do so much relate to that great earlier rant about the lack of these games now. I think Inxile, and The Pathfinder games/ Warhammer Rogue Trader are the only ones doing this anymore. And Inxile is the only one where everything is done with high class and the right complexity. Such as having a 6 member party, tons of different skills and perks to choose from, deep and difficult (at times) combat, with the classic isometric, turn-based combat.

I have enjoyed this combat so much in Wasteland 3. Where I have gone into areas that were way too hard and kept getting my whole party wiped, then came back after leveling my party up, then still lost, but made it closer this time, then leveling up my party again, and returning to the area, and then finally I beat this one particular battle, one that was super difficult and at times frustrating, but at the same time so much fun and a nice challenge.

Anyway, just wanted to add my opinion, I don't have much good to say about this new Dragon Age game, except that it's not for me.

Hopefully Inxile keeps making these games, they are like, the last one standing at this point when it comes to including all the classic rpg elements. The Pathfinder games, while they are very good games, have a bit too much other stuff going on, that kinda detracts from the exploring, leveling, and combat cycle of a classic rpg.
Well...hate to be the bearer of bad news but their next game is an RPG inspired by Bioshock. I don't think they have plans now for another TB game or Wasteland.

They now have to please their overlord Microsoft. Same as Obsidian.

I actually don't mind the move to more action combat. I felt that DAI had a subpar RTWP system and an equally subpar action combat system. I would much perfer that they pick a direction and make 1 good combat system. I would also have preferred that be RTWP but I think it's been clear they've wanted to move away from that.

I'm also fine with the art style, graphics. Seems clear to me the trailer was mainly to show off the new companions in a flashy way which I'm guessing they now regret. The game play trailer had a very different tone Imo. Besides even though DA games have always had a serious tone the companions have always had plenty of one liners and goofy thing to say in all the games so I see no reason why that wouldn't continue here.

It's a day 1 buy for me. I will always wonder what could have been had they continued to stay closer to the DAO formula, but I've enjoyed the games in the series and I'm sure I'll enjoy this one as well.

Well I wont be buying this day one but will buy it when all DLC is released.

Might buy it on a cheap sale or get it for free on Epic one day as well. :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom