Dragon's Dogma 2 - 1st Gameplay Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The 1st gameplay trailer for Dragon's Dogma 2.

Set forth on your grand adventure, Arisen! Dragon's Dogma is a single player, narrative driven action-RPG that challenges the players to choose their own experience - from the appearance of their Arisen, their vocation, their party, how to approach different situations and more.

On your journey, you'll be joined by pawns, mysterious otherworldly beings, in an adventure so unique you will feel as if accompanied by other players while on your own adventure.

All of these elements are elevated further by the latest in graphics, artificial intelligence (AI) and physics technology to create a truly immersive fantasy world in Dragon's Dogma 2.
More information.

I played the first one for like 2 hours, after reading glowing reviews here, but it didn't manage to grab me. Sure, being able to jump on the big enemies is cool, but the story seemed threadbare and the world felt like a grindy mmo.

I assume this'll be more of the same?

I'm interested - hope it has some similarity to Monster Hunter: World ;)

I played the first one for like 2 hours, after reading glowing reviews here, but it didn't manage to grab me. Sure, being able to jump on the big enemies is cool, but the story seemed threadbare and the world felt like a grindy mmo.

I assume this'll be more of the same?
Looks like you describe my first play attempt.

Still I tried again and sticked longuer because I realized I could have many laddies twirling around me all along. But even after have one or two, I gave up bored and never understood the positive comment on this game.

Looks like you describe my first play attempt.

Still I tried again and sticked longuer because I realized I could have many laddies twirling around me all along. But even after have one or two, I gave up bored and never understood the positive comment on this game.

Yeah, same for me as well.

The trailer for this sequel looks a little more interesting though. Difficult to say why. Perhaps because of Yennefer? ;)

It looks like it's more of the same but with much better visuals, so I can understand why people who didn't click with the first game aren't super excited.

It's a wait and see for me, but I liked DD enough that I'll at least give this a look. Plus I like Capcom in general. They're one of the few Japanese developers that make games that appeal to me.

Looks good in-game to me...
I like DD a lot, and this looks like an iteration on the same style (though the peoplel in the cut scenes look a bit off?). Hopefully there's less hand slapping and more of the pleasingly depressing atmosphere of DD1. :p

I see they added furries which is a bit strange to me. The cat people look almost exactly like the Khajiit from TES.
Yeah, that was odd. I wonder if they'll be traders.
"Khajiit has wares, if you have coin."
That'll get Beth's sabers rattling.

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet."

M'aiq the Liar, famous Kzinti on loan from Star Trek Animated Series. ;)

Star Trek the Animated series is criminally underrated and should be read by all, in the logbooks or watch the telly version, though the books are far more enjoyable with lots more story per tale.

I see they added furries which is a bit strange to me. The cat people look almost exactly like the Khajiit from TES.
Thought the same, but how could be human cats? Chrono Cross 1999, before Morrowind 2002: https://chrono.fandom.com/wiki/Lynx

If the cloths wasn't so special they would feel very similar to human cats of TES.

After star wars for the 70's make human cats without fur can feel a bit non imaginative or limited on what humanoid can be.

Back
Top Bottom