Drakensang: TDE - Available on GOG for 75% Off

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Drakensang is now available on GOG for 75% off. Note that this release is region blocked in NZ and Australia.

Get ready for an adventure set in the popular medieval fantasy universe. Drakensang is now available on GOG.COM with a 75% discount lasting until 2nd December 2020, 2 PM UTC. Experience an exciting story within a huge campaign involving numerous main and side quests, as well as take part in intensive tactical combat!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the "Privacy & settings" section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
More information.

Now if they would only release Drakensang: The River of Time, but that comes with a whole ton of licensing problems. At least I own the boxed DVD collection already.

@Kordanor; answered why with his good reply from another thread.
The license situation might be a bit more unclear there. Bigpoint took over the name, but ofc there is also the Dark Eye License itself, which is hold by Ulisses Spiele. The F2P Version of Drakensang was using the name, but was not in the Dark Eye world, so they might not have the license.
Meaning GOG would likely need to contact both. To make things more complicated there is likely also a third party involved for the english version of the game.
While "Drakensang: The River of Time" is available on steam, its the English Version only, pretty much meaning they don't have the license for the German version as this is the "main" language of the game. "Drakensang" however is available in both languages on steam. So the situation might be easier there.

Is it region-blocked on Steam as well?
Appears to be.
Interestingly, the GamersGate version is now blocked as well, even though I bought it there. (I can still download it from my library there, it's just no longer available in the store)

It was a pretty decent game for its time. For me the main annoyance was the camera control.

It was a pretty decent game for its time. For me the main annoyance was the camera control.
That and I usually have to edit the screen size in the IN file otherwise it wont launch correctly. That's why the GOG version is a godsend it runs flawlessly on Win 10.

Finally! It should have been in the GOG catalogue years ago.

I always wanted to see how the English version differs. I think I should grab it.

Everyone who for ages refused to try this game - there is really no excuse not to go for it now.
Right in time till Cyberpunk releases.
You'll not believe such a gem of a game existed and you never had enough of time for it.

Here's hope the sequel, which is a prequel actually, gets GOG release too.

You'll not believe such a gem of a game existed and you never had enough of time for it.

I bought them all from GamersGate (before they disappeared from the store), and quite enjoyed the first one, but didn't quite finish it. I keep thinking I need to remedy that, but other games keep jumping ahead in the priority queue.
I have a ton of great games I haven't finished (or even started). I need to stop time until I can catch up...

I'm just annoyed its not available to me due to region restrictions. What the heck is that about?

You can buy it from Fanatical.com (don't worry, they're a regular key seller, not one of the shady ones) and it will install on Steam in Australia, if that's where you are. You can also pick up the River of Time sequel there, if you want.

You can buy it from Fanatical.com (don't worry, they're a regular key seller, not one of the shady ones) and it will install on Steam in Australia, if that's where you are. You can also pick up the River of Time sequel there, if you want.
Hey, you're right. Shows up fine and even says "Activates in New Zealand". Yet it's a Steam key, and you can't buy it directly from Steam in NZ. Weird.

Hey, you're right. Shows up fine and even says "Activates in New Zealand". Yet it's a Steam key, and you can't buy it directly from Steam in NZ. Weird.

They way I heard it, they just never got a distributor for the game for Australia/NZ so it was never added to that storefront - it was never banned or anything.

This reminds me that I should replay it. Loved it at the time and played it two or three times in a row.

Great game! I own it on steam but I'm going to pick it up off great old games simply to support the decision. I hope the other game is available there soon, maybe even others at some point!

Back
Top Bottom