Dungeon Kingdom - Indiegogo Campaign

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The team of developers for Dungeon Kingdom have announced the game is now looking to get funded on Indiegogo. The amount asked for to get funded is €9,000.
Welcome to the crowd-funding campaign for Dungeon Kingdom : Sign of the Moon, which is a Role Playing video game in a fantasy world, and more precisely a Dungeon Crawler

Some of you may ask, what is a Dungeon Crawler ? Well, it is a type of game that allows you to create a team of heroes, explore dark dungeons infested with creatures, solve puzzles, and discover hidden treasure! You won’t want to stop playing!

…But that's not all ! Dungeon Kingdom is a 3D dungeon crawler with an immersive first person view and is played in real-time. Some games of this type won many awards two decades ago, and there are still a lot of players playing to that kind of games !

At this point it might be good for you to watch a video of the game. It's a bit rough, with unfinished level design and sounds. I am playing on an Android tablet (Note: it also runs on PC/Mac/iOS):

So, why create a "dungeon crawler"? Well, firstly, as players, we LOVE dungeon crawler games. Secondly, the game market lacks great real-time dungeon crawlers since the good old days of Dungeon Master, Ishar, Eye of The Beholder…! Apart from Grimrock, there is an almost total vacuum since that time, nothing to feed the fans of this game genre. On mobile devices this is even worse! We aim to fill this void with Dungeon Kingdom, a game that inherits many features from the classic dungeon crawling games from the last 20 years.
More information.

Last edited:
That doesn't look half bad, and I like their multi-level approach to dungeons where the third dimension actually matters.
Backed.

Interesting, although if you're going to make it so 3D-like, why not go all the way and just build a fully 3D, party-based game?

Big Thanks so much for the post to RPGWatch team !!!

And thanks to our backers !!!

Interesting, although if you're going to make it so 3D-like, why not go all the way and just build a fully 3D, party-based game?

Interesting question. Well i would say it would be a very different gameplay. Also, the game supports the mobiles devices, and free camera movement with only tactile controls can be terrible. The grid's constraint fit perfectly for the fast real time action and the required accuracy in dungeon crawlers like dungeon master (and so Dungeon Kingdom).

Nice to have you on the forums, kanda! Perhaps you have time for some questions?
Since your campaign hasn't caught so much attention yet, what are you planning to improve that? Might you consider releasing a tech demo like the one you show on the video?
Am I correct to assume that not separating individual levels of your dungeon(s) effectively adds a functional third dimensions to your puzzles and challenges?
Will there be outdoor areas?
Are you planning to release an editor at some point?

Nice to have you on the forums, kanda! Perhaps you have time for some questions?
Since your campaign hasn't caught so much attention yet, what are you planning to improve that? Might you consider releasing a tech demo like the one you show on the video?
Am I correct to assume that not separating individual levels of your dungeon(s) effectively adds a functional third dimensions to your puzzles and challenges?
Will there be outdoor areas?
Are you planning to release an editor at some point?

Thanks to RPGWatch for posting :)

Well we are working hard to catch more attention. But we are not famous developers like J.Carmack or Peter Molyneux, so general video game press is not so hurry to talk about us. so we need to fight to get each new backer on the different networks, and post everywhere.

Also we will unveil some content with some differents environments during the campaign, so it may help. And there are some nice stuffs to show!

And yes you are correct for the third dimension. You can really see what is happening under your feet when walking on a grid as an example. You have enough imagination to understand that we have then many possibilities when working on the game levels !

Also think about the real physics ! And think about both combined…

About the demo, not yet. Some peoples are already testing it, on PC/MAC and Android currently, but its very closed circle of testers. And by the time, of course, i will enlarge this circle….
Regards
kanda

I have no issue greenlighting this puppy, but I'm not an avid fan of IGG.
I read your page on why you chose IGG, but why did you choose IGG over Kickstarter?
It doesn't make a comparison? I think for gaming audience alone KS might have been a better platform.

I have no issue greenlighting this puppy, but I'm not an avid fan of IGG.
I read your page on why you chose IGG, but why did you choose IGG over Kickstarter?
It doesn't make a comparison? I think for gaming audience alone KS might have been a better platform.

Hello,
Two reasons:
-flexible, well suited for us as we can finish the game even we don't reach the first goal. higher are the funds we get, sooner we'll release the game by working full time on it and with more content
-secondly, in france we can't create kickstarter....

regards

Back
Top Bottom