Eador: Genesis

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
Eador: Genesis is an indie turn-based strategy game created by Alexey Bokulev. It has inspired the development of Eador: Masters of the Broken World.

Take the role of a mighty Master and shape the destiny of Eador, on land and within the astral plane itself. Explore the land and rule provinces as you see fit, defend them, and keep the populace in line or they may rebel. Choose from thousands of items — swords, spells, weapons, armor, and more — to outfit the heroes you recruit so they may best meet any challenge. Keep your heroes healthy and they will grow stronger as they gain experience from battle. Forge alliances and engage in the delicate art of diplomacy as you negotiate trade agreements or wage war against a mutual foe. Eador, with its many wonders and adventures, awaits. Will you answer the call?

Key Features:

• The critically acclaimed indie TBS inspired by classic strategy games
  • A balanced fusion of grand strategy, turn-based tactics, and RPG elements
  • Over 170 buildings, 80 spells, and 70 units available that can be used in any combination
More information.

High quality modd for Eador Genesis - New Horizons v14.0920 ENG v2.0 - has been released today

Satshanti, a professional translator from Scotland, has reworked all text in the game. All text should be high quality now

Release thread is http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=3349 including download links to the translated New Horizons v14.0920 ENG and the most recent patch.

I played it for a bit, but then I got Eador: Master of ... broken worlds? it's basically a remake of Eador: Genesis, and I loved it.

Major mod improvements

I played it for a bit, but then I got Eador: Master of … broken worlds? it's basically a remake of Eador: Genesis, and I loved it.

I guess you played Drakons release of New Horizons (Mod v13.04Z) ?

Mod v13.04Z was skilfully translated by Drakon and his team, but after that he no longer had the time for it. Since then, in the last 18 months, there have been loads of awesome changes and improvements added, which can now finally be enjoyed by us English speakers:

• 3 races (Dwarves, Alkari, Dark Elves) fully reworked.
  • Hundreds of new images and visual improvements, including the models for all the hero subclasses.
  • new music pack from the composer of original Eador.
  • several hundred new events and dialogs.
  • nearly a hundred new neutral armies, suited for different playing styles.
  • dozens of new combat abilities for units both old and new.
  • dozens of new sites and encounters.
  • many new spells and item sets.
  • several new buildings and rituals.
  • countless improvements to balance.
  • countless improvements to game lore and universe logic.
  • nearly every alliance quest reworked for consistency.
  • campaign balance and flow improved.
  • countless bugs and mistakes fixed.
If you want to give it a 5 minute test run, high level savegame with birdrace alliance vs (recently reworked) Dark Elves (site) is available https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcsjtxyoa459pvg/Alkaryl%20L30.7z?dl=0 … and then you can compare quality of New Horizons mod v14.0920 vs Eador: Master of broken worlds yourself ;)

I am still playing Eador Genesis two years later. This is one of the greatest strategy games ever created. I have played almost all the classic strategy games and this is right up there with HoMM 3. Try it with the mod New Horizons after you play the base game and you will be blown away all over again.

This is not an easy game and you better be ready for a challenge. I love the graphics but I played pong when it came out so what do I know :) Do yourself a favor and get this game if you like hard 4x games and if you care about strategy more then graphics.

I am going to sound like Fluent here. Eador with the New Horizon mod is the best strategy game ever made. I am still playing this game years later and am having just as much fun. I can't remember what I paid for Eador on GOG, maybe $10 bucks. That $10 will go down as the best money spent in the history of mankind for no 10 bucks has ever given a human more pleasure!!!!

Even Fluent has never written a more BOLD statement! :)

Eador with the New Horizon mod is the best strategy game ever made.

I absolutely loved both Genesis and MotBW but i never heard of this mod before. I downloaded the latest mod version and the patch and as soon as I clean up my backlog a bit i will give it a try. Thank you for the info.

New Horizons v.150427 ENG has been released;).

Release thread is http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=242998&highlight=&sid=9ad8685e0f9ffded0d3880af1cf79f9b#242998 including download links to the translated New Horizons v.150427 ENG.

Changes among others:

Change log for Version 15.0427 compared to 14.1228:

***NEW***

1. Units
Unit description now states its class and type.
Units can be given personal names (10 characters max).
Added upgrade of an Imp (T1) - Mocker.
Added the upgrade of a demon (T3) - Avenger.

2. Items
A Blighter, Gladiator's Bracers and a Spiked Shield comprise the "Reflected pain" set.
Astral Boots and Gloves of Meditation comprise the "Astral Energy" set.

***CHANGES***

1. Allies
The Halfling and Dwarven races have been reworked.

Full list of changes: http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=242998&highlight=#242998

Enjoy guys!

Have had both the original and updated Eador games for a while now but am yet to give them a bash... One day, one day.

-kaos

v2.50c is great. Make allies with the halflings and the gold will be flowing in to your capitol. I think they have boosted the AI even more. Computer comes at you with some wicked armies.

Minor maintenance release for New Horizons (English), 250d is now available for download http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=253277#253277

Major Russian NH version 15.1231 has been released, translation is ongoing. Gnoll and orc races have been reworked, teaser for orcs and gnolls are attached.

Manual control of province defenders is available now :cool:

If you enjoy playing New Horizons and would like to see constant improvements to AI & graphics + even more races and spells you can support future releases by paypal donation http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=160872#160872.

Attachments

• teaser NH 15.1231.jpg
    teaser NH 15.1231.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Gnoll teaser.jpg
    Gnoll teaser.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 78
  • manual control.jpg
    manual control.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 77
  • dark pact.jpg
    dark pact.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Nice keep us informed when the Orcs and Gnolls are updated. I like to play the evil races when my first hero is a mage :)

Back
Top Bottom