Elden Ring journeys and experiences

Here's a great calculator for weapons. You can set your build attributes, select the weapons and parameters you want to see, and it generates a table that you can sort however you wish.

I saw that the Bandit's Curved Sword was the best option for my sorcerer since I acquired the Glintstone Whetblade to apply Magic (or Cold) affinity. Before that, I was right to use the Carian Knight's Sword, apparently. I miss the Bloodhound's Fang and its deadly combo, though.

It's funny how some enemies are easier (and others more difficult) with a blade / sorcerer type than with a samurai. For example, the banished knights are much easier if you can keep some distance from them.

@booboo For what it's worth, I've just defeated Rennala with a sorcerer / sword build (prisoner starting class, added a lot of INT and some DEX) at level 40-something. I found it much harder than the first time when I had a melee build, even during the first phase. So I see what you meant.

I saw she's 80% resistant to magic, so sorceries aren't very effective and a sword is necessary to avoid complications. She gets tougher in the 2nd phase to other damages like fire, holy, etc.

On the other hand, the Ancestor Spirit (that I did just before Rennala) was a piece of cake in comparison to a melee build.

Thanks @Redglyph - I'm still not feeling much in a gaming mood, so I haven't played anything for 2+ weeks now. Work is just too hectic and it's probably just as well that I have no distractions. I actually managed to damage her with my sorcery in phase 2 - but only with the big hitting spells, and they take so long to cast, and you're locked in the animation so she can just blast you (and seems to take a lot for me to stagger her - unlike my character who seems to get interrupted if a feather touches them). I had some ideas, but I have 0 enthusiasm to redo the ultra tedious phase 1 again.

I gave a glance over the article and didn't see any actual source. Then I looked at the calendar. I hate April 1st. o_O
It's one of the better ones I've seen today. The first few paragraphs read like it's legit. I didn't realize what it was until I got down to the descriptions of the new difficulties. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom