Elden Ring journeys and experiences

I found that Elden Ring and DS3 work very well with K+M. The caveats are as described by @Redglyph. For DS1 and DS2 it doesn't work that well, but I couldn't get into those two anyway, probably since I tried them after ER and DS3 and compared to those they didn't age well.

Oh yes. I tried DS2 after ER and it was not a good experience, especially because it's not a remaster. DS3 was OK (except for curve swords, but I ranted enough on that).

I doubt I could ever play DS1 or DS2 unless they get remastered. I mean a legit remastering not like the negligible upgrade DS1 got for its second Steam release.

Not sure what issues you guys had with DS1 and DS2. They were wonderful and looked more than decent for their age.
They are a little bit rougher on the edges and also a bit slower. But they're both great! They're so good that even as rough as they are it's worth pushing through. :D
Or maybe I'm experiencing Stockholm Syndrome. :D But I doubt it.

Not sure what issues you guys had with DS1 and DS2. They were wonderful and looked more than decent for their age.
They are a little bit rougher on the edges and also a bit slower. But they're both great! They're so good that even as rough as they are it's worth pushing through. :D
Or maybe I'm experiencing Stockholm Syndrome. :D But I doubt it.
Nah, they're all still good. None of these games, Elden Ring included, are ever cutting edge graphically for their time, but they've always excelled at animations and in the design sphere, and that stuff holds up.

Speak for yourself. DS1/DS2 are pretty clunky not just visually but in how they feel compared to Elden Ring.

I saw some strikingly gorgeous characterS dressed in a noble garb and other feminine outfits. I might redo character creation boss and see if I can get my hands on some of those pretty outfits (Itsuno / DD2 team really should learn from ER outfit design team). Hubby is hoping I get addicted to ER this time like I did with DD2.

Let's see how it goes this time.

I saw some strikingly gorgeous characterS dressed in a noble garb and other feminine outfits. I might redo character creation boss and see if I can get my hands on some of those pretty outfits (Itsuno / DD2 team really should learn from ER outfit design team). Hubby is hoping I get addicted to ER this time like I did with DD2.

Let's see how it goes this time.
Say hi from me to Mad Tongue Alberich. ;)

Do you already know what type of fighter you'll make?

Also, is it me or does even Elden Ring outclass DA4 in the visuals department? :sneaky:
I suppose you mean the actual gameplay and not the cutscenes? Definitely not. Just take the faces, which are pretty basic and fixed in Elden Ring in comparison to the more elaborated faces that show emtions in DA:V, the lighting effects, or the reflections of the materials (PBR).

I suppose you mean the actual gameplay and not the cutscenes? Definitely not. Just take the faces, which are pretty basic and fixed in Elden Ring in comparison to the more elaborated faces that show emtions in DA:V, the lighting effects, or the reflections of the materials (PBR).
It was more of a troll or joke on my part.
In terms of graphical fidelity or accurateness DA4 is better, but in terms of artistic design, vision and cohesion of the scenery (which of course is mostly subjective) I still give it to Elden Ring.
Just seeing a bunch of the gorgeous scenery in the Elden Ring trailer really made me excited to see it again and in full. I ended my initial playthrough prematurely (around 30h in) since rumors about the expansion started to crop up.

but in terms of artistic design, vision and cohesion of the scenery (which of course is mostly subjective) I still give it to Elden Ring.
I don't think it's even close. Elden Ring is vastly superior in those areas. At least based on what I've seen of DA:V so far.

In terms of graphical fidelity or accurateness DA4 is better, but in terms of artistic design, vision and cohesion of the scenery (which of course is mostly subjective) I still give it to Elden Ring.
Oh, yes, Elden Ring is second to none in design cohesion and vision. It's also very rich.
I prefer it, but not for the graphics prowess. Actually, I don't care too much about that. I'm not saying it's bad, either, far from it.

Just seeing a bunch of the gorgeous scenery in the Elden Ring trailer really made me excited to see it again and in full. I ended my initial playthrough prematurely (around 30h in) since rumors about the expansion started to crop up.
I'm excited too! But I'm still unsure of when and how I'll play it. I have this character at the end of the game, back to the Roundtable with an outrageous amount of souls to spend, and another one that's barely arrived at the capital. It could take a while before that last one gets to where the DLC starts. On the other hand, I wonder if we don't miss anything when continuing after the main game, with all the missing NPCs.

I'll probably take a peek with the finished one and decide then.

What about you? Will you continue that same playthrough?

No, I'm going to start a fresh character, and I hope to have forgotten most of what I saw to have as much of a fresh experience as possible.
And I kind of aim to take my time with it. I know I'm in for at least a couple of hundred hours by what I've heard. And I'm excited.

I am a bit worried to not burn out on it. With Witcher 3 and CP2077, I've burned out on both at around the 200h mark. So I hope to keep up. We'll see.
But it's definite that if I drop off at some point there's no way I'm getting back into it, with the same save file, by returning after a long break. I generally cannot do that in these types of games; especially with the difficulty curve in these games.

So what I hope to do is get around 30-60h into it, and see how I feel. If I'm fresh I'll keep at it. If I'll start to feel burned out, I might stop again and leave for some years later.
I think I'm still feeling burned out on games, but maybe Elden Ring can snap me back into it.

I'll probably take a peek with the finished one and decide then.

I was thinking about the same question for my play through. Probably I will start with my NG+ character after game completion. I have played the game a few times and don't feel like replaying anything from the base game once again.

I am a bit worried to not burn out on it. Witcher 3 and CP2077, I've burned out on both at around the 200h mark. So I to keep up. We'll see.
But it's definite that if I drop off at some point there's no way I'm getting back into it after a long time. I generally cannot do that in these types of games; especially with the difficulty curve in these games.
So what I hope to do si get around 30-60h into it, and see how I feel. If I'm fresh I'll keep at it. If I'll start to feel burned out, I might stop again and leave for some years later.
I think I'm still feeling burned out on games, but maybe Elden Ring can snap me back into it.
You're right about the difficulty curve, and that's also something that bothered me. I'll have to see if I can get back in the saddle after a long pause. But at worst it'll take some practice, nothing backing up and swapping save files can't fix. ;)

Would you also get burned out in a game like Elden Ring? As you say in your last sentence, I think that game is good at pulling people back... or I'd have given up long ago. :D Seriously though, this game is more focused than RPGs like W3 or CP2077.

I was thinking about the same question for my play through. Probably I will start with my NG+ character after game completion. I have played the game a few times and don't feel like replaying anything from the base game once again.
You didn't go NG+ yet, though? Or you kept at least a copy of the save file before doing it, like me?

I'll probably start over. I never finished the game, but I did get quite far into it. Part of me doesn't want to re-fight major bosses, but I replayed DS2 from the start years ago and had plenty of fun doing so. Jumping in partway (doing high level stuff immediately) sounds more daunting, overall. I haven't seriously played the game for a couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom