Elden Ring journeys and experiences

You didn't go NG+ yet, though? Or you kept at least a copy of the save file before doing it, like me?
I finished NG+, maybe twice since I needed three playthroughs in order to get all achievements (in particular a few endings). I hope you can play the DLC after finishing the main game. I would use my last save (after the third playthrough) - why be weaker than I am?.

I'm going to start from my save right before fighting Radagon/Elden Beast.

I wonder if FromSoft buffed the endgame bosses for those who play through the expansion. If not, I imagine the Elden Beast is going to fold like a cheap suit after all the additional leveling.

I wonder if FromSoft buffed the endgame bosses for those who play through the expansion. If not, I imagine the Elden Beast is going to fold like a cheap suit after all the additional leveling.
That is an interesting question. As far as I remember, they didn't do that for the DLCs in DS3. Instead, the end bosses of the DLC were harder than the end boss of the base game, at least that was my feeling.

That is an interesting question. As far as I remember, they didn't do that for the DLCs in DS3. Instead, the end bosses of the DLC were harder than the end boss of the base game, at least that was my feeling.
Yeah, it creates a bit of a conundrum. I feel like the final boss should still be the toughest (or close to it) challenge regardless of DLC.

Yeah, it creates a bit of a conundrum. I feel like the final boss should still be the toughest (or close to it) challenge regardless of DLC.
Yes, but how could they do that without level scaling? And level scaling is contrary to the design principles in the Souls Games.

Yes, but how could they do that without level scaling? And level scaling is contrary to the design principles in the Souls Games.
They did control the difficulty in Sekiro without scaling, the only FromSoft game where you almost can't farm for character power. But that required very different leveling mechanics.
In Sekiro power is given in a very controller manner, and only from certain boss fights iirc. So they know exactly at what level you are for each fight.
It's only for the very last 2-3 boss fights that you can farm for some power (only attack, not defense) by using a hidden item. But even with that final farming I had huge difficulties fighting the very last boss fight. It was pretty insane.

Last edited:
I'm going to start from my save right before fighting Radagon/Elden Beast.
By the way. What would be the benefit of using your save from before that fight instead of using the save after that fight? Edit: You do not need to start a NG+ from that save but you can simply play on instead.

By the way. What would be the benefit of using your save from before that fight instead of using the save after that fight? Edit: You do not need to start a NG+ from that save but you can simply play on instead.
Good point. I keep forgetting that we have the choice of not starting NG+ right away.

I'll be curious to see if there's any C&C involved with that. What I mean is, I wonder if anything in the DLC will be different depending on whether or not you've already slain the Elden Beast.

I just reminded myself that I stopping following up on whether Shadow of the Erdtree supports ultrawide, and there's still no mention of it.
It's so frustrating to not get any response on this sort of stuff. And all PS to PC ports are fantastic and have ultrawide support. But a game that's supposedly on PC as a first platform makes no mention or attempt to do anything.
I hope the flawless ultrawide app works on release day with the updated Elden Ring client. Since that's apparently the only way out of this.

I just reminded myself that I stopping following up on whether Shadow of the Erdtree supports ultrawide, and there's still no mention of it.
It's so frustrating to not get any response on this sort of stuff. And all PS to PC ports are fantastic and have ultrawide support. But a game that's supposedly on PC as a first platform makes no mention or attempt to do anything.
I hope the flawless ultrawide app works on release day with the updated Elden Ring client. Since that's apparently the only way out of this.
I'm a bit confused. SotE would have ultrawide support if Elden Ring has ultrawide support (and won't if it doesn't). It's not a separate game.

I'm a bit confused. SotE would have ultrawide support if Elden Ring has ultrawide support (and won't if it doesn't). It's not a separate game.
I mean I'm hoping they'll add ultrawide support via the expansion, since they didn't via the base game.
But I'm just doing wishful thinking. It's not happening. Sad.

Those taloned vultures. My bane.
I have a love/hate relationship with a bunch of the "simpler" enemies: dogs, rats, those birds, regular old human knights.... I kind of love that they stay annoying and dangerous no matter how high level you are, but I also hate it sometimes when I slip up and they get me.

I started a new game yesterday for the first time in a couple of years and yep, dogs still have that crazy way of worming under your guard. I remembering being terrified of the first giant I fought (in that mountain pass) and dying to him several times. Yesterday I killed the first giant I fought, first try, even out of practice as I was. But that knight in the camp with the lance still fucked me up twice, just like in the good old days.

Look for a runebear! That is the best way to find out, what you forgot about dying...
:cm:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom