Elden Ring - New Footage

That's cool, unfortunately I have no interest in respect from strangers.

I just want to have fun and enjoy a meaningful challenge. The intent might have been there, but it certainly didn't work for me - and I consider the design heavily flawed.

But that's ok, I feel that way about a ton of popular games. It's not exactly breaking news :)

That's the thing about Miyazaki. He doesn't ask for anything in return for the respect. He still respects you even if you show no respect in return. He's a good man.

Everyone should show love and respect to all strangers. Not because there's an interest in it but because it's the right thing to do.

I can agree with the love part.

Love and honesty are both in very short supply.

Respect implies there's some kind of value distinction between people you respect and disrespect - which I don't personally understand or agree with.

In fact, I don't understand the concept of respect at all - which is why I rarely use the term.

If someone admires me or considers me "important" as opposed to someone who's not worthy of those (which is more or less the definition of respect) - then that's a strong indication of having misunderstood what it means to be human.

Widespread love, however, would more or less eliminate the need for concepts like respect in the first place - as it would be implicit.

Anyway, I digress :)

Back
Top Bottom