ELEX 2 - Announced

It's one of the reasons I ended up not buying Elex, gosh darn it, I just am not a fan of flying in a video game, however corny that sounds, lol.

Well, you can't actually fly in the first game. The jetpack allows you to boost yourself up to greater heights, and to coast down from them, but it's not capable of sustained flight.

I would personally rather see smaller map and more refined, handcrafted content. I would say such approach would be more suitable for smaller development studio. But as flying seems to be one of the highlights, I expect quite the opposite. Well, hopefully it will be good game anyway. I sunk quite few hours into ELEX, but I didnt finish. Didnt enjoy it as much as I did G1 and 2. But that is probably just due to subjective reasons.

I finished elex a few months ago after several failed beginnings when it came out. I didn't like the setting.
I still don't like the setting but after gothic2 is the only game from PB that managed to finish.

So, if it stays near the first game i'll buy it

Well, you can't actually fly in the first game. The jetpack allows you to boost yourself up to greater heights, and to coast down from them, but it's not capable of sustained flight.

That is right, it is more like a jump-booster.
@Arkadia7;: Not wanting to fly is really no reason not to play Elex 1! It is nothing like flying in a plane or something. It is more like the acrobat perk in some games, which allows you to jump higher and to fall down deeper without taking damage. You can also use it tactically in fights.

Please try it, you are missing out big time, if flying was your only concern!

maybe someday they can make setting like gothic was not really sure why they keep trying to make new styles with all sorts of mixed lore, pirates and the lastest tech throw in wasnt my cup of tea… If i want to fly ill just play a flying simulator... you would think after Anthem disaster people would stop trying.

maybe someday they can make setting like gothic was not really sure why they keep trying to make new styles with all sorts of mixed lore, pirates and the lastest tech throw in wasnt my cup of tea… If i want to fly ill just play a flying simulator… you would think after Anthem disaster people would stop trying.

I can't blame them for trying to do something different. And Elex 1, as a game, wasn't a failure.

I can't blame them for trying to do something different. And Elex 1, as a game, wasn't a failure.
yeah i get it just not my jam the risen was ok even with pirates i guess.
anyway, looks that way aslong as they are alive and can do more games so that always good… apparently they have cult folowing in Germany i can understand why..

Wish them luck cos i wouldn't mind them going back to the roots of Gothic 1 -2 style lore one day. Polish, improve on that setting under a new name. man i still remamber the first time i was in the mines all stoned on cookies in RL and swamp weed in game heh i guess we all had to change and grow up..

Depends on how you define success. I don't have the final sale numbers from the past few years, but it only sold over 100,000 copies on it's launch on Steam in 2017.

It was enough to make back it's 1.8 million euro game budget but not a blockbuster.

i wouldn't mind them going back to the roots of Gothic 1 -2 style lore one day. Polish, improve on that setting under a new name.

Well, they sort of already did that with the Risen series, although I wouldn't say it was an improvement.

You know about the Gothic remake, right? It's not being developed by Piranha Bytes, but it might be something to look forward to in your case since you don't like the setting of Elex.

I'm personally not a fan of flying in video games as well, Arkadia7, yet how PB did it in Elex resonated perfectly with me. They made it more like another level of a dungeon, simply because it was more like elevating yourself to a higher/lower spot than actual flying. And the combat implications are truly amusing!!

I'm personally not a fan of flying in video games as well, Arkadia7, yet how PB did it in Elex resonated perfectly with me. They made it more like another level of a dungeon, simply because it was more like elevating yourself to a higher/lower spot than actual flying. And the combat implications are truly amusing!!

They developers were quite aware of the capacity to cheese fights. I quickly learned that trying to gain elevation to fight animals was just an invitation for them to spit globs of crap at me.

They developers were quite aware of the capacity to cheese fights. I quickly learned that trying to gain elevation to fight animals was just an invitation for them to spit globs of crap at me.
Yes, that was a nice surprise, in particular, because the very first enemies like rats, biters or raptors didn't do that. So for a while you think that you can cheese the enemies not only with the jet pack but also by climbing to higher terrain, which the enemies couldn't reach and then use ranged weapons. But then you got a small shock, when the third or fourth enemy type you encounter, spits at you and it hurts more than their melee attack…

That was a clever design idea and made you carefully plan you approach, in particular if you are a ranged fighter type, which I always prefer to play.

That reminds me that in the Gothics you could climb on a rock or a house and shoot the orcs etc., because most of them had no ranged attack…

maybe someday they can make setting like gothic was not really sure why they keep trying to make new styles with all sorts of mixed lore, pirates and the lastest tech throw in wasnt my cup of tea… If i want to fly ill just play a flying simulator… you would think after Anthem disaster people would stop trying.

It's been a cause de jour for the last 5 years or so for developers NOT to develop games in a Tolkien-esque fantasy setting. I on the other hand, love that setting, I never tire of it.

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion, I'm not against devs focusing on other settings in the least bit... I always get dogpiled with "we've had 200 years of games in Tolkien-esque settings can't you allow something different for the rest of us?" The answer is YES, Yes I can. I'm a patient man.

Back
Top Bottom