Elex 2 Elex 2 - Beginner Hints & Tips (No spoilers please)

Even the Morkons in Elex 2 are more likable than the factions in Elex 1...
I can't agree with that at all. I'm not sure how anyone could find the Morkons appealing unless you're roleplaying evil.

Overall, I found the factions pretty lame in Elex 2.

A small differentiation:
Story-wise this may be right. Character-strength-wise not. In my first playthrough in Elex One I did all sidequests, which were possible without faction, cleared all enemies from the map and would have been easiliy able to kill the end boss, but the game simply didn't allow me to enter that area. So I had to join a faction for the only reason to overcome this obstacle.

After that experience I was an advocate of the request, to allow factionless in Elex II and I like to believe that I am a small part of the reason, that PB made this now possible. And of course my first playthrough in Elex II was factionless...

By the way, even story-wise the independent group in the heroe's homebase would have been a sufficient neutral faction to justify factionless play even in Elex I.

Did I mention that I hated all the factions in Elex I?
Clearing the map prior to joining a faction is possible in most PB games, primarily by pumping a single stat and using the strongest weapon you can find, but the factions still tend to provide significant abilities/power. In ELEX2, there's Rain of Fire and.. that's it. Everything else is very marginal.

As for which factions I liked: The Clerics and Berserkers in ELEX 1, but only Berserkers in ELEX 2.

Last edited:
The Albs aren't too bad in ELEX 2, but the Clerics can only be joined late in the game after you reach a certain Alb level. I found the Morkons totally unappealing!!

The Albs aren't too bad in ELEX 2, but the Clerics can only be joined late in the game after you reach a certain Alb level. I found the Morkons totally unappealing!!
You mean that you didn't like people worshipping an evil god of destruction who is in favour of slavery followed by brainwashing people? :)

I miss the days of Gothic1/2 when it was straightforward and you knew what you were getting into when selecting a faction. Even the factions in Risen are better than the ones in Elex. It's a very slow decline for PB but a decline none the less.

Not only that, the Clerics offer almost nothing in terms of unique skills. Very disappointing considering they had the best abilities in the first game.

Playing the Albs at the moment. I'm about to play the mission where I can switch to the clerics. Not sure if it's a good idea but I rather dislike the Albs lack of morality.

For the Albs faction skills, I haven't started to use them. Not sure how they work... they seem to use "Elex". Does it means that I lose Elex I could use to craft potion instead, every time I use one of these skills?

I am thinking either berserker because that's how I played Elex 1 or Morkons for now because they're melee oriented in terms of skills and I'm interested to see if they can be changed from within.
But either way, I'm having a blast. I think the game is a better version of Elex 1 for now in everything except for the shitty camera and some of the dialogue.

BTW I typed Morkon on my phone and it had autocorrected it to "Mormon" :O

BTW I typed Morkon on my phone and it had autocorrected it to "Mormon" :O
They're similar, but rather than door-knocking it's door-smashing-down and immediate death.

Morkons were pretty effed up, so I didn't consider them. In saying that, there are a couple of quests where some of the more reasonable followers describe their philosophy in a more reasonable way, and all of the factions seem to have some degree of arseholery, but still... nope.

Playing the Albs at the moment. I'm about to play the mission where I can switch to the clerics. Not sure if it's a good idea but I rather dislike the Albs lack of morality.

For the Albs faction skills, I haven't started to use them. Not sure how they work... they seem to use "Elex". Does it means that I lose Elex I could use to craft potion instead, every time I use one of these skills?
No, you get a unique "Elex" mana like thing, which can only be obtained from corpses. There's no passive regeneration or getting it back by sleeping etc, so you can't be 100% spell caster with it.
But either way, I'm having a blast. I think the game is a better version of Elex 1 for now in everything except for the shitty camera and some of the dialogue.
They added a camera toggle in the settings. It doesn't entirely fix the camera, but it does improve it.

No, you get a unique "Elex" mana like thing, which can only be obtained from corpses. There's no passive regeneration or getting it back by sleeping etc, so you can't be 100% spell caster with it.

They added a camera toggle in the settings. It doesn't entirely fix the camera, but it does improve it.
Yeah I use it already but I don't know why my character is moving left to right randomly of the screen.
It is very odd.

I noticed this when playing yesterdays. Calling this "Elex" was a bit confusing but it made sense with the background.
So far, I found the healing skill fairly useful since it seems faster to use than potions. Not sure if I will find any use for the other active skills, however.

So delving a bit deeper in the Morkon storyline, it does seem like there's an alternative quest chain to get them to change.

Just something to consider for those of you who don't like them.

I'm not far enough yet to do anything but I'll report back.

Yep, I still prefer the one in ELEX 1.
I wasn't bothered by the new camera once I got used to it. I even stuck with the default angle because I didn't feel like the alternative camera they introduced with the patch was any better. I did sometimes miss the ability to zoom in/out though, and I hope they bring that back in the next game.

The only thing that I don't like with the camera is when I try to aim at something directly above my character... It doesn't work.

So delving a bit deeper in the Morkon storyline, it does seem like there's an alternative quest chain to get them to change.
Of course there is and I played it in one of my runs. I didn't mention that because you wanted the thread spoiler free...

Back
Top Bottom