Elex 2 Elex 2 Discussion

Good news. I'm surprised it launches in 2021.

https://wccftech.com/elex-ii-announced-by-piranha-bytes-launching-in-2021-with-actual-flying/

The game allows you to:

- explore the planet of Magalan with unprecedented freedom, using your trusted jetpack to traverse the map and even fly!
- interact with a lived-in world, full of unique NPCs, who will remember what you’ve done and react accordingly will join or leave your group depending on how you behave
are able to be killed, which will have an effect on the story
- engage in fluid close and ranged combat with a massively improved control system
- experience a story where your actions have consequences, immersing you in a world of moral decisions

I especially like the "fluid close and ranged combat with improved controls".

Wow, wasn't expecting 2021 anymore for this. Day 1 purchase, loved the first one

I want to play Elex 2. Pretty sure I don't want to play the game they showcased in the trailer though

I want to play Elex 2. Pretty sure I don't want to play the game they showcased in the trailer though

Action-heavy trailers with terrible music seem to be a theme lately. I hope they release another trailer that better represents what the game is going to be like. Otherwise, people who aren't familiar with PB might get the wrong idea.

Seems they still suck at marketing. I remember the risen games and they targeted the German market with previews and interviews instead. Still haven't learned a lesson yet.

All because the English journalists said mean things about their games.

ELEX II 4K Gameplay

Take a look at the first gameplay of ELEX II, captured in 4K and shared by THQ Nordic.

That video certainly doesn't do them any favors. The quality is kind of poor, and the audio isn't even synced correctly.

The game itself looks like typical PB which is fine by me. One thing I noticed though is that the camera seems slightly offset to the right when behind the player rather than center like all their other games. A minor difference, but I find it annoying. I hope there's an option to adjust that.

Leaked screen showing an Oct 19 release date. Take it with a grain of salt.

3RzYI6S.jpeg

Then I expect a short impression so I perhaps will join on day two. ;)

I will try to make it :)

For all its faults, I still think Elex is a great PB game - especially with a mod or two.

From what I've heard about Elex 2 - it sounds like a more significant upgrade than I might have expected, so that's cool.

I struggle to think of another developer who has stuck to its guns so unwaveringly - and yet been so successful with its fans for such a long time. Sure, not all games have been that great - but they've all been well above the norm when it comes to open world games.

Not so much commercially, though - sadly.

I'll be there on day 1 as well, even if that means pushing Pathfinder. I really enjoyed ELEX, so I have very high hopes for this one.

Also, hi Dart.

Then I expect a short impression so I perhaps will join on day two. ;)

The proper question is: Will he still be around when day one comes? :p :p :p

Last edited:
Most likely he will be back. ;)

Looks like 31 December 2021 now, not much of a delay but hopeful we'll see this by Q1 2022

That's a placeholder as no game has released on 12/31. More like it will now be a fall or spring release next year instead. Bummer and that's why I hate early release dates.

Yeah, that's the old link there. I was wondering where he saw December 31st. I agree that it seems an unlikely date.

Back
Top Bottom