Elex 2 Elex 2 Discussion

It was on one of the game keys shopping sites but had been the 19 October date previously. Looking further there's very little of substance but given how close we are to the October date I think we can assume it isn't going t be this year.

Yeah I just spotted that a few minutes ago as well. Seems every well known publisher has to have some type of live event to drum up PR nowadays with Geoff Keighley.

Thanks for posting that Moriendor.

Last edited:
I have only a limited ability to survive in the giga-cringe of Geoff Keighley's game ceremonies. I shall be grateful to other Watchers for filtering the information for us.

That anniversary trailer looks like it's just a mash-up of scenes from other trailers. Kind of disappointing. I hope "new information" means they're finally giving us an offical release date.

Gamescom online was strange. I'm not sure if youtube format works well for them - they don't have that many cool trailers to show. It would be maybe better if they would try something new - like to have webpage with virtual rooms of publishers, where you could get some informations about indies or more detailed videos or something like that. More about you getting info than just show about games which are not good for a show.

That is 100% guaranteed :) . The stream announcement said that there will be ELEX 2 news and footage.

BTW, Bjoern Pankratz has also said in the latest DevPlay video that ELEX 2 is now in the "shipping phase", i.e. they will almost definitely announce a release date tonight which is most likely going to be in the not too distant future. Maybe there was some truth to that October 19th release date leak after all…

He also said in that video that work on the next project (99.99999…% chance this is ELEX 3) has already begun but that's kind of non-news since he has already stated in the past that they sometimes begin to work on concepts for the new game up to a full year before the current game is released.

Great news. Great to hear all PB games come in 3s. :biggrin:

I wonder if we'll see gameplay from Elex 2

That is 100% guaranteed

hmmm.png

Yeah the trailer was barely two minutes with no release date given.

ELEX II - Story Trailer

Well, German streamer Gronkh is currently playing ELEX 2 live with the Pankratz family on Twitch :) . It is quite surprising that they seemingly still haven‘t talked about a release date yet. WTF? Streamers are playing the game and the public is left in the dark. That’s a weird marketing campaign.

https://twitch.tv/gronkh/

Really weird strategy indeed. What the hell are they thinking. Keeping this secret :p

Elex 2 is looking very good indeed. I can't remember how Elex 1 looked, since I only played it for around 5 hours. Graphically it looks pretty cool indeed.

Love how the character models still look as stiff as always. But I feel they looked a lot more natural with the animations in the original Gothic games. Anyway, nitpicking.

Yeah well you know what I think of your opinion.

Bend over and kiss it.:kiss:

Frankly I don't care if this post gets flagged or reported.

As I posted in the other thread ELEX 2 is being played live on Twitch by Gronkh. There will also be another ELEX 2 anniversary related stream on Monday with the Pankratz family live on board. The 10 year anniversary is spread out over several days. Today was kind of just the opening night :) .
PB sigh they just never got the point of marketing. I remember when the Risen games were barely promoted outside of Germany. Just because US critics were harsh.:(

Elex 2 is looking very good indeed. I can't remember how Elex 1 looked, since I only played it for around 5 hours. Graphically it looks pretty cool indeed.

I'm watching the stream now. I think it looks only marginally better than Elex 1, but I'm fine with that.

Love how the character models still look as stiff as always. But I feel they looked a lot more natural with the animations in the original Gothic games. Anyway, nitpicking.

I'm guessing it's been a very long time since you've played the Gothic games. :)

I'm watching the stream now. I think it looks only marginally better than Elex 1, but I'm fine with that.

I'm guessing it's been a very long time since you've played the Gothic games. :)

Yeah, and never really got into the Risen ones. They’re still on my list.

Yeah, and never really got into the Risen ones. They’re still on my list.

None of them? If you enjoyed Gothic, you should at least play Risen. It does a good job of capturing that same kind of atmosphere. Risen 2 & 3 are more hit or miss, but they have their positives.

None of them? If you enjoyed Gothic, you should at least play Risen. It does a good job of capturing that same kind of atmosphere. Risen 2 & 3 are more hit or miss, but they have their positives.

Yeah, I don't really plan on seriously starting Elex before Risen. No idea when though.

Back
Top Bottom