Elex 2 Elex 2 Discussion

The retrorockets apparently kick in when you have some rocket fuel left and would otherwise die from a fall. That burns one though. I have 2 installed and have nevr use dthem. I always jump of and the second before I'd land fire up the jetpack and just glide down.

I must say I love the new jetpack implementation! I use it alot in more challenging combat, using it to dash away from powerful enemies (space + shift), land and range attack them repeatedly. Feels very natural.

I am enjoying the game, although there are some frustrating things - like the targeting. I never quite know if things are out of range of my 'flaming bow'/fireball There seems to be inconsistent feedback? I have the 'range' upgrade for fireball. Often a creature is quite close by and I seem to be targeting ity, but it takes no damage. Other times a creature quite far away will take damge. The reticle is red in both cases and seems to indicate its on target. I think its some distance line intersection check thats dodgy?

I liked the jetpack boost, used that a lot once I got it and sped through the landscape. Didn't work out about the fuel until really late.

To attack and use the jetpack needs a target, a bit cackhanded, but once a target has been selected it was a bit of mad clicking to get those flying buggers which normally worked in one go and only once did I die falling at the end of it.

Shouldn't I know be able to use my weapon in flight or at least when levitating?
I mainly fight with the flaming bow, but I can't find a way to equip it when flying.
I don't know how a flaming bow would work, but normal weapons can be equipped while you're flying just the same as on the ground, ie with a number key for the hotbar in my case.

I don't know how a flaming bow would work, but normal weapons can be equipped while you're flying just the same as on the ground, ie with a number key for the hotbar in my case.
The flaming bow just works like a weapon. You have an icon in the inventory and can equip it. I can also put in in a quick slot. However I can't equip it during flying. Equipping a sword and a bow works...

The flaming bow just works like a weapon. You have an icon in the inventory and can equip it. I can also put in in a quick slot. However I can't equip it during flying. Equipping a sword and a bow works…

In ELEX 1, using weapons with a jet pack was available right from the start, but in ELEX 2 it requires one of the jet pack talents gained at the jet pack work bench.

Yep, I have this talent and can equip sword and bow.
Reddit says that i't currently not possible to equip magic and two-handed-weapons.
Wonder if that's a bug or a feature.

However it's not a big deal. From the moment I learnt Rain of Fire combat is trivial. Imho it's really OP. It costs quite a lot of mana but basically after each combat you can go to sleep and teleport back. So far (chapter 2, level 30) I haven't encountered an area where I had to fight multiple difficult combats.

Yep, I have this talent and can equip sword and bow.
Reddit says that i't currently not possible to equip magic and two-handed-weapons.
Wonder if that's a bug or a feature.

However it's not a big deal. From the moment I learnt Rain of Fire combat is trivial. Imho it's really OP. It costs quite a lot of mana but basically after each combat you can go to sleep and teleport back. So far (chapter 2, level 30) I haven't encountered an area where I had to fight multiple difficult combats.

Yeah - rain of fire is very OP and doesn't cost that much. I have 200 mana (level 34 now) and can cast it it without having to return home (and have enough mana potions handy). And worse, it moves with you! So I cast, run around and everything dies ...They need to tone it back. It is also available too early (requirements are not that high) and doesn't damage your companions (at least on normal difficulty). I sometimes don't use it, just to 'get my hands dirty' but still... Other than that, enjoying things.

Yeah that is well OP. I started buying mana potions but at the end game had over 60 and the late game battles were over very quickly.

My next run through will be Alb to switch it all round but will probably take twice as long

Threads in ELEX 1 forum: 25
Threads in ELEX 2 forum: 5

Not sure ELEX 2 is seeing much interest :(

Well it's simple I love to play my games not write paragraphs about them on forums.

That's just me though can't speak for other members as they seem to be stuck debating Elden Ring reviews this month, and insisting it's the best damn game ever released.:biggrin:

Last edited:

As with all PB games, part of the charm is in not speaking about them. And anyway, people don't care to speak about the really good RPGs - these days people just speak about mainstream RPGs that are just dumbed down and boring as hell, and not even RPGs anyway. I remember the olden days when people didn't speak about RPGs and they were so much better.

Thank you for another trollish post Nereida.:party:

I'm confused about the Fuel Capacity upgrade for the jetpack. I've upgraded from 0 to 10 and don't notice any difference. Am I missing something?

There should be a change, but it's not that much.

After every upgrade (if it's 5-10 more) I check how high I can fly before fuel runs out and it's always a little higher.
So if you have a savegame, just give it a try on some of the high structures.

The change exists but is tiny, not extreme.

Some places need to have it maxed or close to maxed.
For example, you need to max it to be able to fly to the windfarm tops - at least I didn't manage to do it before.

Because up there is only trash to loot I spoiled that one without remorse.
However at certain max jetpack fuel needed to reach spots are really juicy things to grab. ;)

Because up there is only trash to loot I spoiled that one without remorse.
How could you?!
To get there is... or was my main motivation to max out fuel. :D

I've completed it now, as a Berserker, and I'm now doing an Alb/Cleric run. Overall, I enjoyed it a fair bit, though I do rate ELEX 1 higher, despite loving the new jet pack sprint. Swooshing around feels great.

The reason I feel ELEX 1 is the better game is primarily the faction system. Or perhaps the factions themselves. Or a combination. Basically, it's now possible to go without a faction, but that also means each faction feels less unique, as they can't really define the character in the same way. Alb vs Berserker is basically Heal vs Rain of Fire, as the rest is pretty mediocre to say the least. Sure, the vendors offer slightly different weapons, but that doesn't really mean much.

Also, to others who completed it:
Did the story and writing seem somewhat confused and messy towards the end? The writing in PB games is usually at its best when it's a bit simple, but it's never really been as bad as some people claim. The story in ELEX 1, with the comet, the Hybrid, Calaan, the betrayel, Dawkins etc is actually pretty good, but I wasn't a big fan of the story towards the end of ELEX 2. The singularity, Dex, Dawkins somehow masterminding everything despite finding no indications of that in his personal logs in ELEX 1 and so on. It just didn't work for me.

Am I the only one?
Edit: There are a few unique weapons that can only be found if you max out fuel.

Edit 2: Oh yeah, the whole infection thing really got on my nerves. Comments and such ("That.. thing.. will happen to me") were far too frequent.

Last edited:
The whole 'training' with CRONY was a pain and not well implemented. For example, Jax was on a mission with the drone, got a headache and said he needed more training, but it wasn't an option with CRONY right there!!

The whole 'training' with CRONY was a pain and not well implemented. For example, Jax was on a mission with the drone, got a headache and said he needed more training, but it wasn't an option with CRONY right there!!
Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom