Elex 2 Elex 2 Discussion

I feel the same way about the skill system. It feels like the faction skills should have more variety, and I'm particularly disappointed by the Clerics only having two unique skills.

I wonder how much the development was impacted by having to work remotely due to the pandemic. I'm still enjoying it quite a lot, but I think it could have been even better.
I agree completely.

Yeah. I wonder what comes after Elex3. Assuming there is an Elex 3.

I kind of think they should Kickstart a little project to see how easy they find Unreal or Unity to use, given what they want to implement.

Yeah. I wonder what comes after Elex3. Assuming there is an Elex 3.

I kind of think they should Kickstart a little project to see how easy they find Unreal or Unity to use, given what they want to implement.

They're aleady working on their next game, but as usual, they won't talk about it so early in development. I think it's safe to assume it's going to be Elex 3.

After that, I think they go back to a fantasy setting. Hopefully something that's different enough from Gothic and Risen to make it distinct in some way. I'm just speculating though.

I feel the same way about the skill system. It feels like the faction skills should have more variety, and I'm particularly disappointed by the Clerics only having two unique skills.

The factions seemed to lack the clarity and distinct identity they had in Elex 1. The clerics path certainly seemed meagre and unfinished. I only discovered the alb companion towards the very end, either I missed a cue or it just wasn't well signposted.

Think I preferred Cold Jax in Elex 1, wasn't sure what to make of (almost) cheerful, warm Jax.

I have found Gothic:

BB344FD70D1B71F11CA607E195E8F845AFF25656

Another easter egg: Probably you all found the side quest with the three investigators Justin, Bobby and Petra???

Another easter egg: Probably you all found the side quest with the three investigators Justin, Bobby and Petra???

The kids in the Fort? I liked that one. It was well written and acted. I wasn't aware it was an easter egg though. What's the reference?

The kids in the Fort? I liked that one. It was well written and acted. I wasn't aware it was an easter egg though. What's the reference?
This is a reference to "Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators".
In Germany they are called "Die drei Fragezeichen" (the three question marks) and have been very popular among kids.
Edit: Jupiter Jones is called Justus Jonas in the German version. The other two (Bob and Peter) have the same names in both languages. So Justin, Bobby and Petra are obvious references for a German audience.

It was hilarious as I'm literally reading the children's books these days.

Also Justus' uncle (which he's living with) is a scrap trader. In Elex it's his mother iirc.

I was disappointed though that their base didn't resemble a coffee pot (which it does in the books).

In the original books their base is an old RV that has been hidden by years of scrap piles building up in their parents junk yard :)

I remember the graveyard thing was in Gothic 2(?) as well.

I remember the graveyard thing was in Gothic 2(?) as well.

I don't remember that, but I'll never forget the old rusty car up in the mountains in the expansion. That was one of the most memorable easter eggs I've found in a game.

There was also that weird sign in the Valley of Mines signed by "The mighty alien dwarf".

In the original books their base is an old RV that has been hidden by years of scrap piles building up in their parents junk yard :)
Ah, nice. Didn't know that.

I've sadly come to the end now. I haven't enjoyed myself so much since I first fired up Skyrim back in 2012 or so...wandering around, getting lost, discovering new places. Just going to grab a cheat video, and find the rest of the map pieces....see what happens...:)

I have now completed my second run through Elex 2 and I enjoy it as much as the first one.
In my first run I played on normal, joined no faction and romanced Caja.

In my second run I played on ultimate, joined the Morkons and then the Outlaws and romanced Nyra. I like the Nyra character more than Caja and Nasty, compared to them she is a real lady.

The side quests are much more interesting than the main quest, so I can only recommend to play as many of these as possible.

i had all companions on true friendship before completing the main quest, but
during the final dialogues after completing the main quest some of them don't like your answers and go to the lower state of loyalty; obviously this only depends on your alignment value since you have no dialogue options to choose from

I found exploration even more rewarding than in Elex 1 since you can find unique
weapons, Elex potions and attribute increasing potions

The end of the main quest can be interpreted either as a cliff hanger or is rushed somehow. I hope, they make an expansion or something like that…

Anyways I love the game for world building, atmosphere, side quests and exploration. I love to play on after the main quest, flying around with jet pack mastery and finding all stashes and even some side quests, I have missed before.

Now i am torn whether I should play a third time or make a run of Elex 1…

Question for those who've finished. How did you deal with the search bots towards the end of chapter 3. (6th power quest) Those things killed me before I got close and my ranged attacks did almost no damage. With 2 at a time I couldn't really dodge them either.

Question for those who've finished. How did you deal with the search bots towards the end of chapter 3. (6th power quest) Those things killed me before I got close and my ranged attacks did almost no damage. With 2 at a time I couldn't really dodge them either.
You mean those big battle robots sent by the clerics (if you are a berserk or at least have them as allies)?
You meet them in an area with some kind of castle ruins. Fight them one after the other and, if possible eliminate all the normal (human shaped) robots first (Edit: I teleported to the cleric's teleporter for this quest, so I got them from behind). I managed to get into "nearly melee" distance, such that you can always keep a piece of wall between the robot and you. Then I used a shotgun: One shot and back behind the wall. In melee distance the shotgun is the weapon with most damage and it works quite well in that situation. I never used magic in my two play throughs, so I don't know, how this works out. But from what I heard about that fire rain spell, it could even be possible to stay behind the wall and still kill the robot? You could also try hand grenades or a grenade laucher to shoot near them while staying behind cover.
If instead you mean
small drone-like flying robots:
I manged to kille them from far away with a bow, while strafing, so their rays didn't hit me.

No, these are the super huge warrior robots out in the open with nowhere to hide. You have to kill 10 of them for the quest Partner of the 6th Power. They come in pairs.

Each faction gets a different quest at that point, so most never have to kill the bots for the Seperatists.

The key is to get close to them. I kept using the flight charge attack. If you have a melee 1H weapon equipped, fly up, get them targeted and click attack. You'll swoosh over to them in an instant. Also works really well for flying monsters.

Each faction gets a different quest at that point, so most never have to kill the bots for the Seperatists.

The key is to get close to them. I kept using the flight charge attack. If you have a melee 1H weapon equipped, fly up, get them targeted and click attack. You'll swoosh over to them in an instant. Also works really well for flying monsters.

@Corwin;: Which faction are you playing for (or, if you didn't join a faction, which one did you choose as partner for the sixth power)?
A was factionless in my first playthrough and chose the Berserks as partner. in that playthrough I only had to fight two huge robots sent by the Clerics. in my second playthrough I was Outlaw via Morkons and had to fight none at all. So you are probably Alp and/or Cleric?

Back
Top Bottom