HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Another gameplay video for ELEX:

ELEX Gameplay Demo (New Open World RPG Game) 2017

About Elex:

Advanced in technology, civilized and with a population of billions, Magalan was a planet looking to the future. Then the meteor hit.

Those who survived are now trapped in a battle to survive, a struggle to decide the fate of a planet. At the center of this fight is the element “Elex”. A precious, limited resource that arrived with the meteor, Elex can power machines, open the door to magic, or re-sculpt life into new, different forms.

But which of these choices should be the future of Magalan? Can technology or magic save this world? Or will this new power destroy all those left alive amongst the ruins?

Thanks to the open world, players have access to all five regions of the game world right from the very start. Go where you want, choose your battles and your allies. The only thing in the world that will stop you are the mutant creatures that live in Magalan’s Elex-polluted landscapes. Walk, run, or punch your jetpack into action. If you can see it, you can reach it. Open world role-playing has never been more open.

Find a companion, choose a faction and influence the world. In Elex there is no traditional class system. Instead you must earn the trust of experienced teachers to develop the skills you select. But, skills alone won’t be enough to survive in this harsh and challenging world. Your attitude towards the people you meet will influence those around you. Will you make an ally or an enemy? Is now the time to show emotion or take the course of logic? Every choice will forge the future of your game.

From swords and axes to bows, crossbows and harpoons, Elex offers one of the widest selection of weaponry in the history of role-playing. Pick up a shotgun, power up a plasma rifle or unleash a flame thrower – there’s a weapon and combat style for every fighter out there. Be it a hammer, a rocket launcher or the power of magic, Elex balances science, fantasy and brute force to let you choose the combat style that fits your role best!
More information.

It definitely has potential to be fun. The jetpack is a good idea that might make exploration interesting and the graphics are nice. Combat doesn't look that great though, and there's probably going to be a lot of it.

Thought that looked rather good - a bit more fluid than other videos they've done. Possibly because I just made it through Call of the Tenebrae and my expectations have been reset to 2010 though :/

This is currently my most anticipated RPG. I think it has potential to be really special. I haven't followed it as closely as others (purposely, so as to be surprised when I play it), but from what I hear they are hitting all the right notes for me.

This is a rare day one purchase and play for me.

It definitely has potential to be fun. The jetpack is a good idea that might make exploration interesting and the graphics are nice. Combat doesn't look that great though, and there's probably going to be a lot of it.

That. Combat is ok enough though.

Yeah, combat seems fine for my tastes. I'm more interested in exploring a hand-crafted, "everything is hand-placed" open-world the size of Skyrim, with zero level scaling and every piece of loot and enemy encounter hand-placed.

If they pull that off, this could be one of my favorite RPGs ever.

Last edited:
Looks pretty cool to me! Graphics could be better but they're good enough. Animations need some work but they've got time. (I loved the bit where a robot got paralyzed so it put its sword away.)

Looks like it's going to be a hoover-up-everything inventory style.

Well, if Elex is going to suck, we will see what they come up with in 2025 after Elex 2 and 3. ;)

Possibly because I just made it through Call of the Tenebrae and my expectations have been reset to 2010 though :/
Nice trick. But I fear I'm not ready for this sacrifice.

It looks good, apart from the almost complete lack of social interaction. Certainly the jet-pack will make exploration more interesting. The ogre-like spit splatter was a nice touch and the environmental effects are decently done, but the blue-hued blaster fire effect needs some improvement.

Combat is pretty underwhelming from the vids, but area design and exploration seem to be spot-on. So there is a 50% chance this is going to suck. I'll get it at some point anyway. Likely not at release...

I haven't played a PB game that sucked yet, but I also really like the way they design their games. No level-scaling, a feeling of hand-craftedness to the world design, rewarding exploration, slow but with a strong sense of progression and the interconnected quests and factions. Also like that they still use a stat-based RPG system.

Nerdy stuff, but it's why I like PB a whole lot.

I haven't played a PB game that sucked yet, but I also really like the way they design their games. No level-scaling, a feeling of hand-craftedness to the world design, rewarding exploration, slow but with a strong sense of progression and the interconnected quests and factions. Also like that they still use a stat-based RPG system.

Nerdy stuff, but it's why I like PB a whole lot.

I can 100% agree on that with you :)

World building

PB > CDPR > Beth

Exploration

Beth > PB > CDPR

Writing

CDPR > PB > Beth

Combat

PB = Beth = CDPR (All have around equal strengths and weaknesses)

Scope

Beth > CDPR > PB (ELEX might change that, though)

Progression

Beth > PB > CDPR

C&C

CDPR > Beth > PB

Roleplaying

Beth > PB > CDPR

Loot

PB > Beth > CDPR

Magic

Beth > PB > CDPR

Balance

PB > CDPR > Beth

Visuals

CDPR > Beth > PB

Music

CDPR > Beth > PB (except G3 which was godlike)

Roleplaying

Beth > PB > CDPR
Oh yeah, games that allow you to max everything just by swinging, erm, well not dick obviously... pwn at roleplaying.
In your dreams, pal.

Oh yeah, games that allow you to max everything pwn at roleplaying.
In your dreams, pal.

I think you're confusing roleplaying with roleplaying a character that isn't maximised.

Part of the freedom is that you don't actually have to maximise everything just because you could - but the option is there, unlike many other games that force you into arbitrary limitations ;)

Dart sums it up!

Ot: I dislike the video. The animations look stiff, combat dull and the sci-fi and fantasy mix seems .. I don't know. I just find it poor. But I'm not giving up on the game just yet.

Combat is pretty underwhelming from the vids, but area design and exploration seem to be spot-on. So there is a 50% chance this is going to suck. I'll get it at some point anyway. Likely not at release…

i think the charakter was kinda overpowerd.
maybe some cheats going on to show something.

but i cant wath this video for too long.
the guy playing it is just not very good dooing it...

Back
Top Bottom