ELEX - Gameplay Impressions

While it's still looking very interesting, I am getting "Gothic 3" vibes here.. the whole thing sounds a bit too ambitious. It might end up with a half decent combat system and a ton of bugs.

While it's still looking very interesting, I am getting "Gothic 3" vibes here.. the whole thing sounds a bit too ambitious. It might end up with a half decent combat system and a ton of bugs.

Yeah, I'd prefer they handcraft the locations like they did in G1/2.

Those were awesome.

Some small worthy points:

- Cavalorn's hut
- black goblin cave
- Troll with meatbug scroll
- Side entrance into Khorinis

I just re-read what they said to me at Gamescom last year and it was stated that you could join four factions, including returning to and rejoining the Albs. I still have a recording of him saying that.
http://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/elex-gamescom-first-look-337.html
It was also said that development would last another year and a half, so that would be early 2017.

Then again, anything can change :)

I hope it's similar to a Gothic 1 & 2 world, for sure. I also hope they somehow bring back "starting out as a complete nobody with nothing but rags" approach, as well as all those other Gothic elements we love. :)

Well, I guess they might not want to spoil the story by revealing you could rejoin the Albs ?

The next journalist that interviews them, please ask "can we finish the game without joining albs?". If they answer anything except "I'm not at liberty to say" we'll know for sure.

Don't just tell me to register on WoR and ask it myself. If I do, some of people there will answer what they think before Jenny even reads it.

I love the look, but I am a sucker for all things PB. I hope we do see plenty of loving crafted detail rather than generic open world.

Back
Top Bottom