ELEX - Gameplay Video

Looks fine to me. Seems like nobody dares to show of hair after TW3. ;)

The setting really looks fresh to me. Where you have wasteland in Fallout you here have vegetation. But you have all these destroyed/built up modern infrastructure setting it apart from classical fantasy.
I'm still positive about it. I really hope they don't bite off more than they can chew. The're quite a small studio after all.

I don't like the look of that UI at all. Hopefully it changes significantly between now and the final version. I think the environment looks great though. It's a convincing post-appoc setting.

Seems very much like an updated version of Risen, in a different world (post apoc.). Whether or not it is an enjoyable game will depend quite a bit on the writing (story, quests, etc.).

Seems like nobody dares to show of hair after TW3. ;)
Not quite true, Square Enix invested into Rise of the Tomb Raider and Mankind Divided hair!

The rest of the world however… Let's say this is still considered normal in AAA games and not panned by silly critics:
MTS_Sydria-1466147-Previewall.jpg

Not quite true, Square Enix invested into Rise of the Tomb Raider and Mankind Divided hair!

The rest of the world however… Let's say this is still considered normal in AAA games and not panned by silly critics:
MTS_Sydria-1466147-Previewall.jpg

Cool !

I will play ELEX without looking at any of the reviews. Risen 2 is generally bashed but I have a soft spot for it. Never really played Risen 1 again after my first playthrough so long ago. I disliked Risen 3 and didn't even finish it. Gone was the whimsical humour and the easy going hero. Now there was a Geralt/Adam wannabe and the "sexying" up of Patty was even worse.

At 1:07:00 it just says 'up next Warhammer 3'??

If the ranged energy weapons are not too sophisticated or powerful, it makes sense. I.e. something like an old-time gun that was inaccurate, took a long time to load a single shot and could sometimes not fire at all when you pulled the trigger. :p

OR, perhaps the energy is not really that damaging, i.e. instead of DOOM's BFG-9000, a gun that can reduce enemies to a pile of ashes, it is more along the lines of a mild taser shock or something. There are different ways they can balance it. :)

I don't want to watch the whole thing (I don't like seeing a game much before playing it), but I did catch a quick glimpse of a ranged energy shot that was a bit slow, allowing the player character to use the jetpack to jump over it essentially and land a massive sword strike.

I will now not look at anything else ELEX related. I am ready for the game. :)

I'm hoping ranged weapons are powerful but that the ammo is very limited like it realistically should be in that setting.

I will play ELEX without looking at any of the reviews.

^This. Even if their last 2 games weren't as good as their previous titles, I still have enough faith in PB for this to be a no-brainer. They've given me far too many hours of enjoyment for it not to be.

There needs to be balanced restrictions of some sort on the guns, which I'm sure there will be. They started that in Risen 2 with the guns, so I'm sure ELEX will have something similar.

Looks pretty rough overall, espec animations( and just remove those "blood effects").
And why not have small indication on Jetpack instead of howering UI icon...similar to how Dead Space did with health on the player.
Really curious to how story will adapt to killing characters? Prob some kind of faction meter.

That's still Alpha footage, so I wouldn't expect it to look very refined at this point.

Knew JDR would say that even before he thought about it. That's some mighty intuition. ;)

Back
Top Bottom