ELEX - Gameplay

Looks a lot better.

So gameplay = combat? ;)

Yep, looks pretty nice visually.

Combat looks really bad and outdated.

Really bad and outdated...
You looking at the mirror?

Erm, yeah, says the weed-smoking husk of a man.

It's not at all hugely ironic…

LOL but you're telling that as if it's something negative. Perhaps to some is, but to me, sorry.

Won't go A. Morisettte, this one is more appropriate:

No need to be sorry man. Posting irrelevant videos out of the blue is typical joxery escapism

Make sure you light a fat blunt alongside that stoner track too

For combat, they should really go back to basics…G1/2 had plenty of issues, but it's rhythm and attack windows were solid.
Cut number of opponents in encounters and focus on better individual AI/telegraphing.
This looks too chaotic with simultaneous ( often poorly telegraphed) enemy fast attacks ( and player being generally slower) causing stunlocks and turning combat into roll, roll, roll.
It is far more difficult to design combat around dealing with both groups/single enemies ( DmC, Bayonetta…but you play as lightning fast demigod, in those games) than when focusing on single approach.

That choppy recovery animation is fucking terrible. Looks like some subpar 2010 game.

So as with G3, ranged attacks will be the way to go with Elex.

Graphically it looks very good. But the melee combat needs more work. The movement and combat animations need refinement -- it feels a little jerky and not quite realistic. Also, the reach on the melee weapons doesn't match their actual size, which hinders immersion. I can see the potential though.

That jumping around gave me a bad flashback to the jumping on similar style blocks in MEA - while I liked the game that was one part I didn't. Overall looked a bit twitchy in the video so probably not a game for me.

I don't think it's ME4 style, they didn't show sidekicks in those videos.
Have to add that I didn't play ME4 with shooting while hovering. It felt stupid and unnecessary, especially when hostiles can shoot back at you. In cases where hostiles are melee only like random spiderlike robots, okay I did it for fun, but that was rare.

Trying not to spoil anything for this game, but caught a glimpse of it.

Looks very PB to me. Meaning, it's not the prettiest or flashiest game - and combat does look at bit off. But that's par for the course.

As long as it's not too easy - I'll probably be fine with it. Exploration, immersion and world building is the thing with PB games.

Back
Top Bottom