ELEX - Gamescom Gameplay

Europeans and people from Fargo, North Dakota. ;)
And British yuppies from the 1980s :)

I think ELEX looks great, except for the combat as others have said. I imagine I'll have a good time with it though.

Gameplay looks rough, almost two decades behind, no way of going around it.

Well the world seems huge and you can explore non-linearly, just don't play a melee character for your own sake :D

@MadGamer, Wisdom, and DArt.

Yeah, I was a little grumpy. But my comment was not directed at his English as such.

I was only referring to his excessive use of 'ja', and I would probably (if I didn't take a moment to rethink it) have said the same thing if a native speaker were to end every sentence with 'yeah', 'yah', or 'you know', or whatever. That was the point. The frequency. Grumpy perhaps. Should probably have let it go, but from my perspective, I didn't mean it as mocking his English. I speak it as a secondary language myself, so that's sort of like throwing stones in a glass house.

Combat is an acquired taste in PB games. It is complementary and indirectly pushes the player towards adopting a strategy that suits their play-style.

The melee combat in G3, for example, had less feedback and impact. However it grew on me the more I played it, I maxed out the dual wield skill and it was great. I also resorted to maxing out ranged combat to complement the melee combat.

The arrays of features and possibilities in PB games (magic and otherwise) remove the need to rely purely on melee combat (which is also good in its own way).

I don't think it's some odd taste there.
In PB games we start as a pathetic pos. We're not an instant badass.
And we're not Rey (Daisy Ridley) to become a swordmaster just by taking lightsaber in our hands.

Back
Top Bottom