ELEX - GC Presentation

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Zero99iGames recorded the Elex presentation in a public hall at the GC. The video is in German and doesn't include gameplay material.

More information.

They say that the combat system is already working (earlier than in any other PB game) and fun to play.

I watched the presentation on Friday and was somehow disappointed. They were all "we finally make the game we always wanted to make" - but it's the same thing as always. E.g. the Elex is just another name for the Magic Ore from Gothic. The whole presentation was just some kind of justification for their usual stuff, never had I the feeling that they strive for something new. Which is of course okay, but it left me with a "uhm, okay, whatever" feeling.

The graphics looked kinda meh (not regarding 'next-gen' quality, as I don't care about that, but regarding style and uniqueness), but those might become better. A lot of the screenshots they showed were not very good in the sense of lighting or composition. Might have been a problem with the projector.

And of course ELEX will feature yet another "men's world". I asked Björn about that, and he confirmed. Will I actually care about another random generic white dude's quest for rescuing a world full of shit? I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom