ELEX II - Wants to be Mass Effect But Its not Working

Mass Effect was more of a shooter in terms of gameplay and I played Elex as a melee user which isn't a possibility in ME.

There is actually a whole class built around charging to melee and beating enemies in close combat in Mass Effect, the Vanguard.

It is true that Elex II combat plays more like a very poor imitation of Elder Scrolls combat more than Mass Effect, but then again, the author never meant for the similarities to be in the gameplay particularly, and they mention clearly the main points of similarity being in some plot-centric NPCs, villains and the story arc itself.

There is actually a whole class built around charging to melee and beating enemies in close combat in Mass Effect, the Vanguard.

It is true that Elex II combat plays more like a very poor imitation of Elder Scrolls combat more than Mass Effect, but then again, the author never meant for the similarities to be in the gameplay particularly, and they mention clearly the main points of similarity being in some plot-centric NPCs, villains and the story arc itself.
Vanguards are short range weapons users but not melee.

Regarding story, as I mentioned I didn't play Elex 2 yet, so I can't comment.

I think many games have similar story elements. There's a website dedicated to tropes in entertainment. So I don't see that as anything special though, whether pro or against Elex being like Mass Effect.

Almost every game I've played has had similar storylines.

I think many games have similar story elements. There's a website dedicated to tropes in entertainment. So I don't see that as anything special though, whether pro or against Elex being like Mass Effect.

Almost every game I've played has had similar storylines.

And that's a very valid point. :biggrin:

They could have compared it to many other games, but it's natural that they compare it to one that is a reference in sci-fi RPGs, and that the authors have admitted to being inspired by. It seems more relevant than comparing it to average forgotten sci-fi RPGs, in any case.

Back
Top Bottom