ELEX - New Artwork and Documentary

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
World of ELEX announced that PB will release an ELEX-development documentary on Friday:

The Piranhas have announced, via the official Facebook page for ELEX, that they will release, on Friday, a documentary about the development of ELEX, their new RPG. Check out the announcement below.
And they have published some new artwork as well.

More information.

"The Piranhas have announced" … interesting wording …

"The Piranhas have spoken" …

It really does look quite interesting. When is the ETA for ELEX?

According to Steam in early 2017.

So both ELEX and ME: A at the start of 2017. Not bad.

It's very bad. Instead of having top charts in this year that'd be dominated by 6 sci-fi RPGs, different publishers stretched it over 2 years, maybe even more.

Its not that bad, joxer. This way Technomancer has a chance to be third best RPG of the year.. probably after Torment and Deus Ex.

Well, at least if you ignore some unimportant DLC about wine from some unknown developers…. ;)

But with english subtitles! :)

This is just one of those games I'll buy on release to support the developer. I own all of their other games. I haven't been at all excited by one since the first Risen. So there's a limit to my patronage. I have to be excited about this one, or the lover affair will be over at least until they produce another Gothic or Risen 1.

I can't figure out what it is with these guys anyway. All they would have to do is announce Gothic 5 and there would instantly be a cult classic buzz. Maybe they don't think they can live up to it. Or they are convinced as some are that Risen is Gothic. I always considered the first Risen as Gothic 4, instead of Arcania which of course was not produced by PB. But Risen 2 and 3, not Gothic, not even close.

The Piranhas are creative people and creative people don't want to do the exact same thing all of their life.

They promised to return to Gothic some day, but not in the near future.

The Piranhas are creative people and creative people don't want to do the exact same thing all of their life.

They promised to return to Gothic some day, but not in the near future.

Well, honestly they Have been doing the exact type of game for a long time, even with the pirate escapades.
I would rather see them put Gothic behind and capitalize on lore and world building extending through the whole series ( like TES).

Looking forward to ELEX, but looking at the documentry gave me the impression that this is fundamentally a risen or gothic with a new coat of paint (hence the focus on artists and level design).

I don't think that there is anything wrong with that (Bethesda has been doing this as well), but there is nothing unique that is distinguishing them from the rest (particularly since some indies and other developers are catching up or surpassing their formulae).

I've enjoyed every Piranha Bytes game I've played. In fact, Risen on Xbox 360 was a huge reason for me becoming a PC gamer.

Quick story (that I've definitely told before :p), but I was a console gamer for most of my life, only playing the big budget games and RPGs. Well, one day I decided to look for more obscure RPGs and see what else was out there.

My search led me to games like Risen, Divinity II, Two Worlds, etc. Went on Ebay and picked them all up for a few bucks (they were really cheap).

Risen was the first one I played, and it basically changed my idea of what an RPG could be. It was so different than the games I had been previously playing, and I was quite blown away by some of the different ideas this interesting new game had implemented.

So, it kind of went from there. I ended up researching it more and learning about Gothic, etc. Slowly transitioned to PC gamer and have been a PC gamer since, for a few years now. :)

So yeah, I enjoyed all PB games greatly. Gothic 1 and 2 are my favorites, but Risen 1 and 2 are right up there. Haven't played the others. Looking forward to checking out ELEX when it releases. :)

According to the program sheet (or how such a thing is called), there is an Elex presentation scheduled for the RPC in Germany.
The RPC itself takes place on May 28th & May, 29th.
The presentation is scheduled according to that for Saturday, 16:50 (after a Star Wars fan film) and for Sunday, 16:30.

Back
Top Bottom