ELEX - New Piranha Bytes Game Announced

Personally, I think we have more than enough regular fantasy games on the market. I'm looking forward to something different.

Something different?
A game I can suggest is an old adventure called Lula 3D, and believe me, it's different.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lula_3D
Don't believe the low scores. It's a normal adventure, a bit clunky though, but I guess not everyone can be a master in the bed. Critics probably expected something else from this game and got an adventure instead.

Awesome news. I'm a long time Piranha Bytes fan. I've finished all the Gothic games and all the Risen games except for Risen 3 which I stopped playing for some reason and need to go back and finish it.

Can't wait!

Sounds great to me. I'm a fan of all they listed!

"brand new post-apocalyptic science fantasy universe that puts players into a huge, seamless game world full of original characters, mutated creatures, deep moral choices and powerful action."

Will enjoy watching this develop!

Regards

I like the concept. I'm a huge fan of post-apocalyptic settings and themes. It is actually a popular form of genre fiction too, I have books I bought from amazon with short stories based around the end of the world.

But this game is a long ways off. And if most games these days are anything to go by, we might not see this until 2018 or so. One of the best things they have going for it so far is the name, "Elex". That is a good evocative scifi-sounding name. I'm assuming it is pronounced with an emphasis on the "E", as in "See", while the last part is pronounced as in "Lex Luthor"... so... E-Lex. That has a nice ring to it. :thumbsup:

Sounds great to me. I'm a fan of all they listed!

"brand new post-apocalyptic science fantasy universe that puts players into a huge, seamless game world full of original characters, mutated creatures, deep moral choices and powerful action."

Will enjoy watching this develop!

Regards
Had me interested right up until......science fantasy universe. Couldn't think of anything for hateful.

Thank you Piranha Bytes for sharing your vision. May the muses flow to your workshop as rivers to the sea.

__

Awesome news. Post Apocalyptic has been my favorite ever since the First Mad Max Movie. Its my favorite of all genres!

and to be honest, they had tapped the fantasy vein with Gothic and Risen nearly dry. This is a good thing!

I love piranha bytes games... Setting sound simmiliar to interplays Lionheart - or at least i hope so. Looking forward to it

Glanced and saw FLEX.

Was hoping for a bodybuilding rpg.

Am disappointed.

Had me interested right up until……science fantasy universe. Couldn't think of anything for hateful.

You hate Shadowrun?
You Final Fantasy?

Even Star Wars is basically science fantasy because it spend more time babbling about the Force and mysticism than the technological side of the setting.

But this game is a long ways off. And if most games these days are anything to go by, we might not see this until 2018 or so.

"ELEX is scheduled to be released next winter — late 2016 or early 2017"
Which, as we all know, means 2018 or 2019.

"ELEX is scheduled to be released next winter — late 2016 or early 2017"
Which, as we all know, means 2018 or 2019.
No.
It means 2017.
Why it isn't 2016 - the same reason why FO4 is also not 2016.
Competition.

This sounds very interesting, despite using way too many buzzwords. I will be looking forward to the information presented at Gamescom.

That being said, it's a bit early to get hyped 1,5 years in advance, so I'll be more interested as we get closer to release.

What Maylander, I would have thought you'd have finished playing it by now!! :)

The great thing about Piranha Bytes games is the brotherhood, this is what I'm hoping doesn't get ruined. A story about bands of men overcoming challenges. You have major female protagonists in almost every other game, let us have this one.

MMm Haven't played that many sci-fi games, but sometimes they do have that little special thing

Besides I have to agree: PB has done enough of the old stuff.

This is a fresh chance. Hope it will have the magic and feels the gothic games had, but still completely different.
As long as they aren't risen games, because I bought R1 and finished it, never finished R2 and even didn't bought R3

But I hope it will be something awesome

Back
Top Bottom