ELEX - New Screenshots

More PAX East shaky cam footage can be found at Jeux Video.

Well yeah… it really looks more like G3 mod, than new game! PC, wearing Fallout futuristic armor, enters medieval wooden building, like inn and talks with guy in shadows style armor from G1 and then kills some reskined razors, wargs and mole rats. C'mon with Witcher 3 out there one should expect more from gaming veterans!

Combat looks like a massive improve over Risen 2/3 which is a very good sign to me. The scenery/world design looks okay in the video. Will most likely pick it up at this stage barring negative reviews at launch.

Well yeah… it really looks more like G3 mod, than new game! PC, wearing Fallout futuristic armor, enters medieval wooden building, like inn and talks with guy in shadows style armor from G1 and then kills some reskined razors, wargs and mole rats. C'mon with Witcher 3 out there one should expect more from gaming veterans!

Hm, it does look like a reskinned Gothic/Risen...The creatures move the same, the characters move the same etc...and the world looks quite bland/saturated in those pics. Hopefully it will improve a lot from this.

Well its a Piranha Bytes RPG so of course I will buy it on release. :smitten:

As for the quality of their recent games everyone has to remember the older talent has left, and the developer has stated on their forums they are tired of fantasy settings.

Last edited:
I am not impressed with what I see….unfortunately. The art style seems too bland and unimaginative and the available footage doesn't inspire too much hope IMO.

The first Gothics were great but I find that the implementation of their typical formula is wearing thin, particularly after playing Risen 3. Although I admit I got off on the wrong foot with that game, which affected my experience negatively.

I am still favourable towards Piranha Bytes as I generally enjoy their type of game but I somehow fear that despite the new setting it will be a "been there, done that" feeling. I'd love to be proven wrong though :).

I hope ELEX will include some fresh new ideas that will set it apart form their previous games.

… honestly, this game constantly amazes me what a talented art team could do with limited resources.

Well, they are experienced ! They are making variation on the same game for nearly 20 years, now :)

3: What's that red thing between those two trunks? A tree house, an egg, a pod, or is it a two legged monster?

Perhaps stolen from Drakensang 2 ? ;)

There are huts on legs in east european fairy tales, connected to Baba Yaga.

At second we see the player's mount, at third his house, then his sword, a pet…where are the lurkers and snap dragons? Not buying this without 'em.

Last edited:
Ahh, there is the snapper.
Hmm, combat seems something of a Witcher/Souls mix, without choreography/animation quality of first and (probably) enemy/playstyle variety of second.
Still looks decent enough, hope they really improve on combat sounds and hit reactions.

Just saw how jetpack works in combat. This is hysterical, buying this on day one.

Back
Top Bottom