ELEX - New Screenshots

+ Yes please, as fast as possible! :drool:

- no hair on screenshots = most probable horrible hair in the game, ah well, it's also planned for consoles right?

is bad hair a worse offence than appearing on consoles? I'm confused.

Eh?
I just put minus because most probable bad hair. But if the game is also being released on consoles and I think it is, the reason for crap hair is necessity to adapt the code to inferior hardware. For a publisher that isn't filthy rich to invest into hair just because only PC audience can enjoy it, it's not really a huge minus.

My conclusion is based on those few screenshots. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see in a year.
I still want that game on my rig, desperately!

6: Our hero is wearing a conspicuous toque (crotch protector)! How am I to ignore that while playing? :(
3: What's that red thing between those two trunks? A tree house, an egg, a pod, or is it a two legged monster?

Can't wait for the next screenshots. :)

Likely hair physics will be the last of their priorities at the moment. They better make combat system more rewarding this time around.

Gothic 1&2 had really fun combat systems. Quite simplistic, but very rewarding. A great combination of player skill and character skill.

Gothic 3 was quite horrible after launch, but it turned out quite alright after cp team took over and rebalanced it. Still not dark souls, but it serves it's purpose. :)

Risen 1 had their best combat system to this date. So I still can't figure it out how on earth they started the series with something as brilliant as risen 1 and then decided to change the whole system to something as horrible & akward as the one in risen 2. Risen 3 was a slight improvement, but suffered from various balance issues and I didn't like the autoaiming thing one bit.

I don't care what my hair looks like as long as it is short. So hair isn't a game breaker for me.

I personally don't play games in this setting but I am very interested in this one.

I'm a little surprised by the mech. I didn't think we'd be seeing something as high-tech as that in a post-apocalyptic setting. Not sure how I feel about it.

6: Our hero is wearing a conspicuous toque (crotch protector)! How am I to ignore that while playing? :(

It looks like an armored fanny pack. :)

Hmmm, I think the gameworld is somewhat bland and uninteresting in these screenshots.

Obviously, I'm spoiled by Xenoblade X, which is absolutely gorgeous:

Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-11.jpg

... honestly, this game constantly amazes me what a talented art team could do with limited resources.

I'm a little surprised by the mech. I didn't think we'd be seeing something as high-tech as that in a post-apocalyptic setting. Not sure how I feel about it.

This was exactly my reaction too. I wanted the game to be very very low tech after apocalyptic. I was expecting "we are back to stone age after the apocalyptic" type of setting and not this. This seems to be around Fallout 3/4 type of post-apocalyptic, which I don't want.

Oh well, bit disappointed really...

Exactly!

This seems to be around Fallout 3/4 type of post-apocalyptic
... with magic!
We get magic, right?

I love the look and feel of this game; the visual style is a real step up from the Risen and Gothic games, IMO. I can't wait to play it, however, I do hope they add some character creation, or even just give the option to play as a female. I'm just playing Risen 2 at the moment (and am enjoying it), but can't help but feel like the main protagonist has absolutely zero charisma (he's a complete knob! ).

Hmmm, I think the gameworld is somewhat bland and uninteresting in these screenshots.

Obviously, I'm spoiled by Xenoblade X, which is absolutely gorgeous
Never heard about it.
I'm spoiled by modded Watch Dogs and The Witcher 3 gameworld visuals, but this is Pluto13 game and I expect something more than just props.
It looks like an armored fanny pack. :)
Here's hope it's exactly that!

The texture differences are rather jarring. That mecha sticks out how squeaky clean it is, with crisp textures. Then you have the completely flat floor below - okay, some of that is road - but with grass/straw on it, and all looks quite low quality, as does the adjacent rock texture.

Never heard about it.

Xenoblade X is a WiiU exclusive openworld RPG.
A very divisive game, despite its earlier version (innovately called Xenoblade) is considered to be one of the best recent jRPGs.

X:X is full of stuff: fantastic alien landscapes, crazy customizability, scary evil aliens, cute furry animals, excellent mecha action, melodrama, lowbrow humor, boobs and battle thongs as accessories.

So yeah, I like it. Like it very much. :)

Back
Top Bottom