ELEX - Prologue Trailer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Moriendor informed us that the IGN YouTube channel has a new video, the official prologue trailer of ELEX.

More information.

That was pretty decent. Very different from anything PB has done previously, but I liked it.

Now I'm sure the usual suspects will show up to say how horrible it was and how terrible the game is going to be. :)

Its better than I expected but still not feeling it :)

Well, here I am. :) Though I'd call myself the unusual suspect.
I don't like his accent, I find it hinders me focussing on what he's saying. *
Apart from that the different pictures in the prologue do not really appeal to me. To me this looks like just another war game. With guns.

*O, why couldn't they have gotten Brian Blessed as well? ;)

Last edited:
I think the trailer is nice in a cheapo sorta way.
This low budget stylization is actually better than a half-assed CGI.

I really liked the opening: vast, cosmic, etc, etc.
... but the premise soon degrades into some firefight over blue crystals (no sound, was viewing at work) , and I was thinking, oh boy, here we go again.

Myeah. Kinda mixed on this. It wasn't entirely bad, but... eh.

Not sure why they didn't simply use Earth, instead of a fictitious planet with humans on it. Where did those people come from? Is it a colony from Earth? Were they space-faring then? If so, couldn't they have escaped the asteroid? Or is this a separate strain of the human race (can they be called human then?) that evolved on that planet separate from Earth?

Then, again, I might just be overthinking it. :D

@Wiretripped
Perhaps humanity is not a planet Earth exclusive.
The Universe is a very wast space,and something similar to us crazy humans can exist out there(in game or in reality). :)

Trailer is not that bad. But,somehow I have a feeling that the game will be average,that better average RPG type. We shall see...

Not sure why they didn't simply use Earth, instead of a fictitious planet with humans on it. Where did those people come from? Is it a colony from Earth? Were they space-faring then? If so, couldn't they have escaped the asteroid?

The planet seems like it was at a slightly more than modern level of technology but not space-faring.

Did Elex give everyone in Magalan a Texas accent? :p

That rednecky Borderlands-style narrator puts me off

Even though its a great choice considering who're they marketing it to... fat kids & console casuals

I think the trailer is nice in a cheap sorta way.

To me actually not as cheap-looking as some other graphic novel styled intros , like Grim Dawn,Tranny or Borderlands, which were pathetically amateurish

This is more on par with Nwn style cinematics which established the whole thing.

Last edited:
That accent is absurd :)

I'm HYPED!! ;)

Anyways trailer looks solid, small $ titles should go this way. One odd thing: ...Elex gave the "power of magic". Did they even have or know of "magic"?
Kind of seems out of place in this setting, hope it's integrated better ( ME biotics ?) than this.

Its not the first time either. In the Guild Wars franchise magic was also granted to the races by a meteor crash

Never heard of Borderlands.
Rednecky style would be my mustbuy. Unlike others however, I hear nothing rednecky, there is no "ma head hurts, ma feet stink, and I don't love Jesus".

I thought rednecks loved Jesus.

One odd thing: …Elex gave the "power of magic". Did they even have or know of "magic"?

Yup, this is where originality counts. :)
Dune had the Spice and "mutation", Philip Dick wrote drugs and "psi-powers", Heinlein had "dreamers", Asimov mystified "science", comics depicted "powers", cyberpunk invented "implants", etc, etc, etc.

Elex has … well… redneck magic! ;)

John Deere of PAIN +5!

Back
Top Bottom