ELEX - Releases in October

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Gamestar has news that ELEX will release on October 17th. There also is a new CGI trailer.

Thanks rebi01 and Joxer!

Update: here is the press release:
VIENNA, Austria and ESSEN, Germany - June 1, 2017 - THQ Nordic's upcoming science-fantasy, open world, action RPG ELEX, developed by Piranha Bytes, creators of the award-winning Gothic and Risen series, will be out on October 17, 2017 for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC.

Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Piranha Bytes are thrilled to present a new CGI trailer for the game, that establishes the heart of the player's journey on Magalan, a planet devastated after a meteor collision. Moving to the beat of Benj Heard's "Whatever Doesn't Kill Me (Better Run)", the video sets up the road at the heart of the player's journey, as they walk the line between the many character progression and faction choices that lay ahead.

Developer Piranha Bytes and publisher THQ Nordic are also proud to announce a fine Collector's Edition for ELEX. Inside the premium package is:

• A 10-inch-high figurine of an Alb Mage
  • A 2-inch amulet in the form of a combat drone
  • A cloth map, showing the world of Magalan
  • The original score on CD
  • An artbook
  • The game's manual
  • The game itself, obviously
More information.

Last edited:
Perfect - new PB game just in time for my anniversary… just need to drop some hints to the missus, 'cos it has gotta be better than socks…!

My wife's birthday is in October, but she doesn't play games. :( Wonder if she'd be upset if I bought it for her though!!??!! :)

Likely a much better gift than a taser gun. :)

This was submitted by a guy who purchased his lovely wife a "pocket Taser" for their anniversary.

"Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked my interest. The occasion was our 22nd anniversary and I was looking for a little something extra for my wife, Toni. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized taser. The effects of the taser were suppose to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety…. WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded two triple-a batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button AND pressed it against a metal surface at the same time; I'd get the blue arch of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs. Awesome!!! Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Toni what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave. Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-a batteries,… right?

There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target. I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) and thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong? So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, taser in another.

The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries. All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5" long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference; pretty cute really and loaded with two itsy, bitsy triple-a batteries) thinking to myself, "no possible way!" What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best….. I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side as to say, "don't do it master," reasoning that a one-second burst from such a tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad…. I decided to give myself a one-second burst just for the heck of it.

I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and HOLY MOTHER, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION@!@$$!% !@*!!! I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs. The cat was standing over me making meowing sounds I had never heard before, licking my face, undoubtedly thinking to herself, "do it again, do it again!" Note: If you ever feel compelled to "mug" yourself with a taser, one note of caution: there is no such thing as a one-second burst when you zap yourself. You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor. A three second burst would be considered conservative. SON-OF-A- … that hurt like hell!!!

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the mantle of the fireplace. How did they get up there??? My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novacaine, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I'm still looking for my testicles. I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return. Still in shock…"

Lmao, what a shitty trailer :D This will flop so hard on the PC (revenue off consoles will save it though)

I thought the trailer was actually pretty decent to show the different paths you can take. This being a Piranha Bytes game means it'll probably be as buggy as hell at first but I preordered it anyway. Since I got the original Gothic so many years ago I've been hooked on these kinds of games. Please don't suck ELEX.

Tazer gun story blows elex out of the water many times over.

Oops. Scratch that. Shadow of War has now officially been postponed from its August date to October 10 so Elex is no longer the only high profile action RPG in October.
You call a repetitiveness AC clone galore a high profile game?
Oops, wait, no, sorry. That title to me is never heard.

Moriendor said:
so Elex is no longer the only high profile ARPG in October.
You call a repetitiveness AC clone galore a high profile game?

Well, its high profile game in GMARPG subgenre, right? (Generic Mindless Action RPG) ;)

Looks like Risen with railguns. (Yep, you heard it here first.) I'm kind of sick of ARPGs these days, but I just might play this one.

Such bad-ass-ery. Jax just doesn't give a fuck. ^^

I like the look of the game. Not a fan of non-gameplay trailers though.

Looks good except the combat.

Don't like it. World looks really generic and overall just badly designed. Ferns growing in sand etc, it looks off to me, like someone who's bored and given lots of assets and then placing them slightly at random over the map..

i'll say i have gotten more and more picky when it comes to world design though, "open world" isn't enough for me any longer because so many games are doing that nowadays, it also needs to be intelligently and tastefully designed. Zelda BoTW is a good example of this, though even that game is lacking in some ways here, a more perfect example would probably be Gothic 2 or Morrowind.

Back
Top Bottom