ELEX - RPC Livestream

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here is another video showing ELEX. This time it is from a presentation at the Role Playing Convention. The first in-game footage starts at 4:30 and ends at 16:40. Before and after that you will see the usual talking heads that are talking in German.

For the die hards there is also a recording of the second day, showing the same video and the same people saying roughly the same.

Thanks Alistair.

More information.

All we see is fighting (which doesn't look very spectecular). What about quests and role-playing?
I also kinda dislike the Berserker faction and that many creatures could come straight outta Skyrim. Why don't go all the way into the future? It looks like they got cold feet and inserted the fantasy theme just to be safe.
Still on the fence with this game, but will play it at some point (likely not at release).

Quests and roleplaying are hard to show in a video - because a whole lot of nothing would be happening, and people don't have the patience to watch some dude spend 5 minutes in a dialogue.

Well, some good things: 1.5 times the size of Gothic 3 and a fully open world without loading zones that has plenty of dystopian atmosphere, sounds pretty decent. It will be fun to see what they can do with a post-apocalyptic setting, that genré seems to be more and more common thes days.

Frankly, I would have preferred a straight-up sci-fi setting - and based on the limited footage I've seen, this doesn't look different enough from their other games to feel entirely fresh in that way.

But I'll definitely be getting it upon release all the same. Too much of a PB fan.

Frankly, I would have preferred a straight-up sci-fi setting - and based on the limited footage I've seen, this doesn't look different enough from their other games to feel entirely fresh in that way.

But I'll definitely be getting it upon release all the same. Too much of a PB fan.

I hate to agree, but I share that sentiment. :) I have very much mixed feelings with the setting, but, like you, I will definitely be getting it.

I hate to agree, but I share that sentiment. :) I have very much mixed feelings with the setting, but, like you, I will definitely be getting it.

You know you're in a downward spiral when you agree with DArt ;)

Well, some good things: 1.5 times the size of Gothic 3

Not sure that being as big or bigger than G3 is a good thing. I enjoyed G3 but felt the geographic size of it actually hurt the gameplay because some places in the world were noticeably less dense with things to do compared to other parts.

Less dense, like, no trashmobs to annoy a player or what? :p

Gothic 3 was released in halffinished state. We will never know for sure what was supposed to be happening in emptyish zones.

Me? I like less dense. Gimme diversity and quality. Not repetitive enormous quantity.

Speaking of G3, the first thing I noticed about that livestream is how much it looks like a slightly updated version of an over 10 year old game. I'm a fan of G3 but I'm not too sure this is going to be well received.

Gothic 1 remake with some lame mechs and modern junk. Ugh.. probably will check it out tho, because Gothic 1 and 3 were AWESOME!!

UI is German true and through...functionality above all else.
Seems they've expanded gameplay (options) considerably, unfortunately all looks incredibly janky.

Day 1 purchaser here (which is hopefully soon!). I enjoy their formula too much, even the initially disastrous Gothic 3 was eventually polished into an all time favorite. Of course I had to touch on that, who knows what issues ELEX may have on release. That being said, I know within I'll find enjoyment - their track record with me commands so.

I'm playing Risen 3 right now, I'm just in the mode of these types of games.

Noone can predict possible Elex issues on release but talk about Risen 3 release issues.

Risen 3 on release didn't work on i7 CPUs.
I hoped they'll never fix that as to me that is not a bug. The bug is i7 in a gaming machine. Sadly, they did fix it.

Apart from that issue, Risen 3 had a total of 20 bugs. Most of those were irrelevant and not even noticable unles you'll go nitpicking, a few could be fixed by hexediting a save game (corpse missing so you can't finish a sidequest for example).
PB patched them all. No things like gamestopper broken doors in main quest from bestsellers were left broken.

But that's what happens when a publisher respects the audience, in this case it was Deep Silver. Gothic 3 was left in poor state thanks to it's publisher JoWood who wanted to milk more money with meaningless DLC instead of polishing the game.

This time the publisher is Nordic Games. For all I can remember, releases under their roof don't tend to remain broken till doomsday.

This time the publisher is Nordic Games. For all I can remember, releases under their roof don't tend to remain broken till doomsday.

Then lets hope upon launch we can delve right into a great game there, Joxer!

Back
Top Bottom