ELEX - The Cleric Faction

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
You can learn more about the Clerics of ELEX in the following trailer:

ELEX - Gameplay Trailer - The Cleric Faction

The site of the meteor’s impact, Ignadon is driven by constant volcanic activity. Thought to be devoid of life, Ignadon was the perfect hiding place for the Clerics to grow in power. Followers of the god Calaan, the Clerics see the consumption of Elex in any form as a sin. Instead they use Elex to power their machines. Guardians of Magalan’s technology, the Clerics put their faith in Calaan, plasma weapons, mechs and the power of industry. From the ashes shall rise a new Magalan even more advanced than before.
More information.

I hope it got delayed. They could really use more time to spend on animation and inevitable bugs.

Under the Trailer is written:
ELEX, the Open World Action RPG, takes place in a post-apocalyptic Science-Fantasy Universe and will be released on Oct 17th 2017 for PC, PS4™ and Xbox One!

I hope it got delayed. They could really use more time to spend on animation and inevitable bugs.
The community will be on bugs just like with Risen games. That includes me - I did the compiled list of R3 bugs on it's official site forum, it's gone now but everything I noted there was patched by PB. Risen games were not bugridden, there were a few bugs in each but PB didn't just leave games broken, they fixed everything (bugs, not poor design decisions like QTE in R2). At least on PC.
Expect the same thing here.

I'd be surprised if animations get any additional work. The game is not PC exclusive, it ain't a blockbuster project and Pluto13 is not CDpr when it comes to number of employees. Additionally, the publisher did not hire Platige to make a trailer, if they did and are holding it for release I apologize, but there is not a single word on that.

The game IMO already looks great, but three questions remain. And we won't know answers on those till it's released.
First one is humor. No or rare humor = -1 to score. You may disagree but I'm sick of dead serious garbage like Prey. I want and I need to laugh like crazy. You don't? Well, there are plenty of MMOs if you don't.
Second one is what crpgnut would call a sausage fest. I'm not saying the game has to be the last man on earth surrounded by amazons only, but cmon, at least some boobs should make a cameo. Yea, they promised.... Promises, promises. ;)
The third one is connected to the second and is about generally hated here - romances. :p While I'll agree that it's better not having it than adding cheesy crap just because, I'm tired already of games of Wrex philosophy "shoot stuff and don't die". I need reasons to play through a game, and saving the world can be the major one but what's life without "distractions". ;)

The trailer was chock full of cheesy sci-fi jargon, that's for sure.
'By the forests of Magalan, deep in the caves of flurglewurgle, we stand alone in our manly armor - scorning desks, comfy chairs and the need to take a pee, devoted to saving the world. Now see me wield my not-a-lightsaber glowing sword +100!'

The community will be on bugs just like with Risen games. That includes me - I did the compiled list of R3 bugs on it's official site forum, it's gone now but everything I noted there was patched by PB. Risen games were not bugridden, there were a few bugs in each but PB didn't just leave games broken, they fixed everything (bugs, not poor design decisions like QTE in R2). At least on PC.
Expect the same thing here.

I'd be surprised if animations get any additional work. The game is not PC exclusive, it ain't a blockbuster project and Pluto13 is not CDpr when it comes to number of employees. Additionally, the publisher did not hire Platige to make a trailer, if they did and are holding it for release I apologize, but there is not a single word on that.

The game IMO already looks great, but three questions remain. And we won't know answers on those till it's released.
First one is humor. No or rare humor = -1 to score. You may disagree but I'm sick of dead serious garbage like Prey. I want and I need to laugh like crazy. You don't? Well, there are plenty of MMOs if you don't.
Second one is what crpgnut would call a sausage fest. I'm not saying the game has to be the last man on earth surrounded by amazons only, but cmon, at least some boobs should make a cameo. Yea, they promised…. Promises, promises. ;)
The third one is connected to the second and is about generally hated here - romances. :p While I'll agree that it's better not having it than adding cheesy crap just because, I'm tired already of games of Wrex philosophy "shoot stuff and don't die". I need reasons to play through a game, and saving the world can be the major one but what's life without "distractions". ;)

I'm not opposed to poon but humor can be tough for a worldwide audience. For instance, Original Sin is just dumb to me. I loved the humor in the first two games though. The skeleton that dies when he asks about the logic of him being alive, etc. Putting flowers on the grave and getting the just rewards of that action. These were nice. Tough balancing act.

(yeah, I know… "humor" and "German" does not compute, right? :biggrin: )
What are you talking about?
Hint: Toni Erdmann
What? Never heard? *sigh*

There are dialogue choices that are a bit of a "trap" (stupid questions) and the NPCs will react accordingly like "Are you even paying attention, fuckwit?".
Can these result with an unwanted (but actually wanted for XP and loot) fight or like in FO2 if you push a certain dialogue tree - with forced marriage? :D

That trailer looked really good. I dig the diverse settings in this game. One minute it looks like a classic fantasy setting, then fallout, then sci fi. Really looking forward to it.

I actually prefer no humor unless of course it's a comedy game like South Park.

Looks too "clean", in comparison with they're trying to convey. It's in the details that "sell" the world, this looks amateurish-ly crafted.
MEA had the same problem with Nexus.

I actually prefer no humor unless of course it's a comedy game like South Park.

O_O

I can't believe you didn't like:

Bieeeeeeeeen!!! :'(

Last edited:
This is probably the faction I will go with in my first playthrough. Seems the most like the paladin faction from the Gothic series to me. Praise be to Innos er I mean Calaan.

O_O

I can't believe you didn't like:

Bieeeeeeeeen!!! :'(

Yeah well, JRPGs are different, how can I take them seriously when a party member is a talking dog or a walking rabbit? I should rephrase it, I don't consider comedy important in a RPG.

Totally going with the Berserker faction ... unless I get hooked on the Outlaws. Clerics are out - can't stand fanatics.

On a side note anyone know who the possible companions are? I know they have some in the game but haven't been able to find any information on them.

There are things about all three factions that I find appealing, but I'm leaning towards the Outlaws right now. I like the Mad Max vibe I'm getting from them. It just seems to fit.

Back
Top Bottom