ELEX - The Converter

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Farflame spotted this video about ELEX converters:

As the Alb’s largest instrument of power, the converters gain valuable Elex from all the resources and creatures that are being processed inside these. Due to the resistance of the Berserkers, the converter in Edan has been shut down. Thus, for the time being, they could keep the advance of the Albs at bay.
More information.

I wonder if there is the possibility of having a vibrant modding community for this game much like the Elder Scrolls games III, IV, and V. Skyrim is 6 years old and still very viable and new mods are coming out all the time.

That's almost the only thing that can save this game. But no, I don't think it'll ship with a toolset.

Looks very nice! I still keep my fingers crossed that PB return to their earlier games design-wise...

That's almost the only thing that can save this game. But no, I don't think it'll ship with a toolset.

Toolset for storydriven RPG?

l_65ac57170bed4b178924cbad4dfe3628.gif

Pluto13 is making a RPG. Not Sims.

Last edited:
Sounds like they're having fun inside that thing.

Okay, I have a question for the community. What is it about ELEX that doesn't give you much hope that it will be a decent to good RPG? The reason I ask is because there are those who have said it will be bad before it is even released. Just wondering that's all...

You mean a question for pessimistic part of the community.
I'm not one of them. Sure, I can and I do go negative Nancy, but not on this game.

Okay, I have a question for the community. What is it about ELEX that doesn't give you much hope that it will be a decent to good RPG? The reason I ask is because there are those who have said it will be bad before it is even released. Just wondering that's all…

I'd say it has a decent chance to flop already.

Mainly because combat is too unattractive for real-time. Melee is awkwardly solid, heavy and outdated. Repetitive as well. I don't want to use two sword attacks for the rest of the game. I'll even completely disregard that they ripped chainswords off 40k.

Ranged combat is perhaps even worse. There is literally nothing in it which stands out to me. You just won't believe the HP bloat this game will have, especially if playing a ranged character.

The setting is okay I guess. Nothing spectacular. Unless you're Fluent. Exploration? I dunno. Looks standardly open-worldish to me. What I'm hoping for is more vertical exploration. So far I've seen jetpacks used purely to help perform melee attacks. *cough* Space marines.

Keep in mind that ELEX probably wont be cheaper than forty euros, so that alone could of course produce a financial suficit after all. Just look at The Dwarves, a costly snoozefest, yet it's a success for the company. In any case, I'm positive ELEX will be a forgettable, mediocre experience for RPG veterans, especially on the PC. It will sell much better on consoles I predict, so that's where the most revenue will come from. Casuals will buy it mainly due to graphics and fairly good-looking environments.

I'm positive that ELEX will deliver a Gothic/Risen-style RPG experience. Unless they suddenly change their entire world design and RPG philosophy, it will be enjoyable for me and others who like PB games.

Well exploration won't be linear I think but free-form like Gothic, so that's always a plus for me. No scaling or respawning I hope. Yay I said something positive :p

PS and who is still there by the way, I mean out of the people who worked on Gothic I and II?

Not sure. But Risen was relatively Gothic-esque. The first 2 Risens were quite good, IMO, with Risen 2 being a bit underrated.

So you're hoping PB will produce something like Gothic, without people that made Gothic?

If we take your remaster fetish into consideration, wouldn't it be better if they'd just remaster Gothic I-II?

At least this they can do well without those people actually.

Remaster fetish? Mmk. lol

Doesn't matter to me what they do specifically. Whatever they work on will have the PB touch and I will appreciate it for what it is. :)

PCG weekender and some more info about the game plus more alpha gameplay.
Rotating is instant thanks to controls used. I'm in love already.

Back
Top Bottom