ELEX - The Slugbeast and Fueling Stations

That skeleton looks more natural than... Erm... certain game characters.

When did they say the game will be released? Q3 or Q4 this year, I forgot.

Looks a bit like Demon lord from previous games. Creature design could be more original.

That skeleton looks more natural than… Erm… certain game characters.

Given your recent activity… do you mean characters in Andromeda? :)

When did they say the game will be released? Q3 or Q4 this year, I forgot.

Q3. Probably end of Q3.

Looks a bit like Demon lord from previous games.

Creature design could be more original.

Speaking of originality, the overall style is resembling the TV adaptation of Shannara or maybe it's just me (ruined discs, steel reinforcements)

ss_62643cc5dca08022d2882317cdc2d66f289d5232.1920x1080.jpg

o5mIuni.jpg

WLLGPpd.jpg

Speaking of originality, the overall style is resembling the TV adaptation of Shannara or maybe it's just me (ruined discs, steel reinforcements)

Its possible. Developers are inspired by a lot of things. Sometimes they create similar things, sometimes they use ideas from mods, sometimes they copy scenes from movies...

It's not a problem. But for me ELEX is slowly running out of things to offer. After seeing the dated combat I hoped exploration and world-building would be okay. Oh well, at least there will be jet-packs, lol!

Luj1: Whats the problem with jetpack? The concept sounds pretty fun to me. They have been talking about it since day 1, so it won't be some gimmick thing. It could lead to intresting situations. Like exploring ruined buildings with a jetpack etc. Like in risen 1 where you had to use the spell levitate to reach certain areas.

Yes, I also hope jetpacks will offer new options for exploration, I just fear that now apart from invisible walls we will have invisible ceilings ;)

Amazing concept screenshots. I'm hyped.

Who said jetpacks are a problem? It's the only feature I'm looking forward to, in fact.

Who said jetpacks are a problem?
I've just read in a german forum in a post by a Piranha Bytes employee that you are forced to use the jetpack and the game design assumes that every player will use it.
That's ridiculous. It's like the dragon stuff in Divinity 2, I stopped playing this game because of that.

Well it better be good then. Because everything else about this game seems underwhelming.

Why would having to use the jetpack be a bad thing? That means they've designed plenty of content around the jetpack. Nothing wrong with that. It's sort of like taking Levitation in Morrowind or Risen one step further. I think in general RPGs benefit and would do well with much more vertical exploration.

I think in general RPGs benefit and would do well with much more vertical exploration.

You're right in that Fluent. But if you're going to make something a core-feature then I hope it's going to be damn good.

Exploration sells.

Jetpacks? Depends. If used for exploration, will sell. If used for Dark Souls thing, won't sell.

It's not a problem. But for me ELEX is slowly running out of things to offer. After seeing the dated combat I hoped exploration and world-building would be okay. Oh well, at least there will be jet-packs, lol!

Why do you think exploration and world-building won't be ok? On the contrary, I really like what I've seen so far of the world. It seems pretty unique as far as games go.

World building? If they add sims feature of base construction, something like in FO4, I'll travel to Germany and kiss the ground they're standing on!

the jetpack is just a very long jump
dont see any problems to force players to use them to progress in the game

Back
Top Bottom