Encased updates

Encased on Linux and macOS

Are some of you running games on Linux by the way? Or macOS?

Dark Crystal Games didn't forget those platforms. A few months ago they said they would try their best to support them, and today they've just shown a screenshot of the game running on Ubuntu (yuk, not my #1 choice, but Linux nonetheless).

They said recently on Discord that the game would be released at the same time for Windows, Linux and macOS :)

https://twitter.com/DarkCrystal_HQ/status/1404515733900566537

image.png

Hence why I'm playing something like Tyranny, now. I might be behind the times a bit, yet I'd much prefer playing a game that's had some time to….season. And has all the content, rather than having it added piecemeal as time passes. I'll patiently wait for Encased as well, at least it appears to be coming along.

I wish I had the patience for this; especially in the survival game genre. I always buy the early access versions since the chance of it coming out of EA is like 06%. Most survival games NEVER leave early access. 7 days to die is a good example. It's been in EA for 8 years.

Nod, I used to be the same with jumping on games the very first day of release. About ten years ago, I realized it mostly led to frustration and annoyance; since I've enough of those in my life already, I opted for a different approach.

For me it works.

Are some of you running games on Linux by the way? Or macOS?

Dark Crystal Games didn't forget those platforms. A few months ago they said they would try their best to support them, and today they've just shown a screenshot of the game running on Ubuntu (yuk, not my #1 choice, but Linux nonetheless).

People still game on Macs? :)

Here's a 15' E3 interview with creative director Viacheslav Kozikhin. Among other things, he explains the origin of the name "Encased", which was a question asked here a few months ago :)

I have to say that IMO this isn't a very exciting presentation, I used to watch interviews by Gamespot and they did a very good job at covering E3 a few years back. Here it's a one-on-one interview, the questions aren't bad and Viacheslav's answers are interesting, they tell us more about the setting and the process, but the rhythm isn't there (and the interviewer scares me a bit too with all her movements and stares).

I suppose a good part is due to this year's format, but as a publisher that's not how you want to make your games known. They could at least have done this with several people on either side and clips of gameplay.

Picked this up today and so far really enjoying it! Very well done from what I have seen so far. Like the character creator (CC), story, and music so far. Not sure who I will play yet but made my two favorites - the Neanderthal Black Wing melee and unarmed military professional (not stupid though, just likes to seem that way to others) and the Silver Wing PSI charmer.

Hotfix #1 - game version 1.0.910.0055

The first patch has arrived. And a trailer, which is funny since the game has already been released.

Gameplay
Fatigue recovery increased threefold with all bed types
The frequency of attacks on settlements has been significantly reduced
Corrected the description of the "Dawn" relic
Description of the Atox stimulator has been changed
Added progression for buttstrokes
Fixed being able to equip the Servoshell while in a Servoshell

Quests and Events
Fixed the position of the Maelstrom beacon in the First Settlers Camp
Fixed Influence check in dialogue with Pepper
Fixed completing the "Against All Protocols" quest in case of Monty James’ death
Fixed some checks in the "Help me" quest
Fixed some endings

Transport
Reworked mechanics of "The Return of Ursula" quest
Using the car in the prologue now does not add Fatigue to the character and cannot cause death from it
The interaction with the Hog loaders has been temporarily changed

UI/UX
Clicking the "Store All" button now does not close the container window
Clicking the "Store All" button is accompanied by a sound event
Esc button correctly closes game windows
Improved the responsiveness of clicking on buttons in the quick access panel on the right side of the screen
Changed time preview in the time skip window

Translation and Voiceover
Added many missing translations Note: already improved but still being worked on is the version for Chinese (Simplified)
Added Fox voiceover in the Russian version of the game
Voiceover bugs fixed; narrator lines added in the English version of the game
Fixed subtitles in the intro cutscene
Fixed greetings and goodbyes for some characters

Status effects
Changed the "Restless" status effect

Enemies
Fixed burning skeleton (added name and description - Pyro-Skeleton)
Fixed incorrect behavior of necroids in combat

Bugs and Errors
Fixed infinite loading when exiting to main menu in the Nashville cave
Fixed several types of freezes
Fixed access to shelves in Magellan's library
Fixed access to some objects on the Abandoned Film Set
Fixed the ladder leading from the sewers to the destroyed parking lot in Nashville
Fixed freezing when pickpocketing from a character at Concord station
Fixed problems with game launching on systems with some types of oriental calendars

Miscellaneous
Changed the appearance of Clara Morgan in the Unknown Place event
Fixed portraits and appearance of some characters
Added story illustrations

Last edited:
(2:32 and other points) Now that's a sniper rifle! I thought giant weapons like that were only made in Japan!

lol, how in the hell are they even holding it at all? It would be so top heavy, they'd fall off the ledge.

Back
Top Bottom