Enderal

I should have said " I am surprised more people this site are not more active in the discussion on this game." I know RPGWatch post a lot on it.

I know you didn't target me here :) but I tried to keep the thread "Enderal - The Shards of Order" (where username Caleb was answering questions and doubts) alive as much as I can.

Maybe there is still time for us to post other questions there, to see if they get answered by Caleb before release.

EDIT: Needless to say I am eagerly awaiting this game, which I picked for one of the three positions in the RPGWatch poll "The Most Promising RPG for 2016" :)

Last edited:
I know you didn't target me here :) but I tried to keep the thread "Enderal - The Shards of Order" (where username Caleb was answering questions and doubts) alive as much as I can.

Maybe there is still time for us to post other questions there, to see if they get answered by Caleb before release.

EDIT: Needless to say I am eagerly awating this game, which I picked for one of the three positions in the RPGWatch poll "The Most Promising RPG for 2016" :)

You can always ask questions, I may not answer on the same day as RL and the translation take too much of my free time but I check this forum at least once a day :)

This is the first time I'm actually hyped for a "mod".

From what I've read this better should be considered as a standalone game.

SureAI replied to my question on twiter about release date

"The German version will be activated on july 1-3rd. The English version will be released one or two weeks later"

So we are only 3 weeks away! Yay :)

This is the first time I'm actually hyped for a "mod".

From what I've read this better should be considered as a standalone game.

It is a completely different game built on the engine.

I was trying to find the video showing the new skills tree and the way you can combined skills together.

So, with the Skyrim "definitive" edition announced, will this mod require extra work to be compatible with that? Or will it only work with the previous version?

So, with the Skyrim "definitive" edition announced, will this mod require extra work to be compatible with that? Or will it only work with the previous version?

See: https://www.facebook.com/SureAI?sk=wall

There are many things to consider before even speaking about porting it - and even then: it is already confirmed that Skyrim HD will get a new Creation Kit; that could mean that some of the old features are changed or even cut and have new things in their place.

Okay, makes sense.
Would you guys consider it? Or I guess that depends on the amount of work involved?

Okay, makes sense.
Would you guys consider it? Or I guess that depends on the amount of work involved?

That is one point but it also depends on many third party developers - we would at least need a new SKSE and TESVEdit before there would even be a chance to port it.

Also a new CK usually means new bugs and/or limitations - unless that tool is out it would be simply irresponsible to give a definitive answer.

That is one point but it also depends on many third party developers - we would at least need a new SKSE and TESVEdit before there would even be a chance to port it.

Also a new CK usually means new bugs and/or limitations - unless that tool is out it would be simply irresponsible to give a definitive answer.

Would the move to 64bit be useful to the project? The Skywind team seem to be very keen on the idea, but perhaps they are having particular problems with memory limitations.

I don't see how porting it makes any sense…unless SureAI would like the 5 million new Skyrim owners on Xbone and PS4 to see their title. Is that worth the massive amount of work involved? Tough question and hard to justify on a freebie project.

Would the move to 64bit be useful to the project? The Skywind team seem to be very keen on the idea, but perhaps they are having particular problems with memory limitations.
I don't see how porting it makes any sense…unless SureAI would like the 5 million new Skyrim owners on Xbone and PS4 to see their title. Is that worth the massive amount of work involved? Tough question and hard to justify on a freebie project.
Well porting the mod at this point would delay the planned summer launch. So the best option would be to stay with their current plan, and port the mod later if they can.

Well 64bit would up the 4GB limit for Skyrim - while there are situations and locations in Enderal where you come close to the 3,5 GB (that the effective limit, anything above lets Skyrim crash) limit it is mostly optimized to run with less. In x64 you could make it more stable, perhaps around 10%

Far more interesting would be a new DirectX version - DX9, which is used in Skyrim, often mirrors tasks in the graphic cards which lead to a very hard limit to the amount of graphical changes you can do without the help of external shaders (like ENB) which are usually completely inefficient in terms of cost-benefit ratio.

Also everyone profits if the announced features would be naturally ingame instead of having to hack the engine to implement them - which makes the game much more unstable.

Well porting the mod at this point would delay the planned summer launch. So the best option would be to stay with their current plan, and port the mod later if they can.

No, that is not on our agenda - Enderal will be released in the next month, no matter what.

But there is the real question if it would benefit the team to port Enderal to Skyrim HD.

If doing so is easy (as in doesn't take more than a few months) there is a chance the team decides to do so - but there is no chance if we would have to work on it a year or even longer.

The team is tired of working non-profit after 12 years of "freelancing" - also most of the team members have work in RL aswell, Johannes the teamleader of SureAI e. g. works at Grimlore Games in Munich - he currently sits at least 8 hours per day in front of a screen for his work and another 4-5 hours for Enderal; that is simply mentally taxing.
Hence the mood in the team is in the direction of "if it is easy, we think about it, otherwise people will have to live with the normal version"

After Enderal, SureAI needs to come together and kickstart their own game. I think a kickstarter project would make a couple million dollars since you have 12 years of experience and 2 full games to showcase. The tough part is starting over in a new game engine. Unless Bethesda is willing to let SureAI lease the Creation Kit, that'll be the biggest challenge. What engine best suits the strengths of your team, is the biggie.

Can't wait to play this. Did not play their mod for Elder Scrolls 4 but heard nothing but good things about it.

I try not to get my hopes up for big mods like this because they are not released most of the time. With the release just around the corner I applaud all your hard work and effort.

That is what I meant, yes. I wasn't implying that they should hold off and release it for the remaster.

Plus, they can't even start on it yet since its release is planned in October, if I'm not mistaken. This is well before the planned Enderal release date, so your point is quite irrelevant.

That is what I meant, yes. I wasn't implying that they should hold off and release it for the remaster.

Plus, they can't even start on it yet since its release is planned in October, if I'm not mistaken. This is well before the planned Enderal release date, so your point is quite irrelevant.
Irrelevant to you but I quoted three different replies. ;)
No, that is not on our agenda - Enderal will be released in the next month, no matter what.

But there is the real question if it would benefit the team to port Enderal to Skyrim HD.

If doing so is easy (as in doesn't take more than a few months) there is a chance the team decides to do so - but there is no chance if we would have to work on it a year or even longer.

The team is tired of working non-profit after 12 years of "freelancing" - also most of the team members have work in RL aswell, Johannes the teamleader of SureAI e. g. works at Grimlore Games in Munich - he currently sits at least 8 hours per day in front of a screen for his work and another 4-5 hours for Enderal; that is simply mentally taxing.
Hence the mood in the team is in the direction of "if it is easy, we think about it, otherwise people will have to live with the normal version"
Once again thanks for your replies Caleb.:highfive:

Back
Top Bottom