ES4: Oblivion - VGA 2006's GotY Winner!

Kawika

Watchdog
Spike TV has just announced the big winners for their Video Game Awards 2006 and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion took top honors by winning the Game of the Year award. VGA 2006 airs Wednesday, December 13th on Spike TV.

More information.

Maybe in the long run this will help the RPG genre and gettting more funding but it's quite painful process. :p

I didn't actually get to see any content about this though as I will deal with Flash only sites if it a matter of life and death. ;)

Oblivion was the best thing for the genre, however one may describe it. It ran smooth, was fun and made every one an adventurer. Plenty of mods for varying tastes.

What genre? The action game genre? I think Doom did more for it.

Oblivion was the best thing for the genre, however one may describe it. It ran smooth, was fun and made every one an adventurer. Plenty of mods for varying tastes.

It ran smooth? Compared to what?
Only if you exceeded the recommended requirements, or turned down the graphics options.

Aren't games like this supposed to push hardware limits? Of course, with Morrowind the system requirements were way off and nigh unplayable on a P3-800, but turning down a few options and being able to play the game with full bells and whistles in the future when more powerful hardware is available is one of the charms of flashy new game engines.

It ran smooth? Compared to what?
Only if you exceeded the recommended requirements, or turned down the graphics options.

I believe Oblivion was very well optimized, by that I mean what performance one could get out from his computer. The visuals were very detailed and nice even on mid range machines.

roqua
"What genre?
Precieved RPG! ;)

I am glad to see that after last year's travesty the Spike awards got much less coverage ... which is fitting since they are pure crap that has much more to do with movie and hip-hop celebs and little to do with games ...

Back
Top Bottom